Windows 10: Possible virus help

Discus and support Possible virus help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure if I should post this here, but it was the only place I could think of. I think I might have downloaded a virus recently. Some exe files will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/meat_toboggan69, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Possible virus help

Not sure if I should post this here, but it was the only place I could think of. I think I might have downloaded a virus recently. Some exe files will not launch. I tried to uninstall a program earlier today and it would not open the file, and my computer would freeze. I have uninstalled and reinstalled that same program multiple times before with no issues. Windows defender detected 2 possible malware files. I was able to remove one, but when I tried to remove the second one I was unable to. In the settings window it would not let me click on the options for removing or allowing the file. Malwarebytes detected multiple files that may be problematic, but removing them has done nothing. I am also unable to launch the task manager, or device manager. When I try, it gives a pop up saying that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I am also unable to reset my computer, it freezes whenever I try, and when I attempt to do it through the troubleshooting menu at startup, it says that an error occurred. After booting into safe mode, the task manager worked and everything. When I booted back into the normal os, I got a notification saying "failed to connect to a windows service". Not sure if this is an issue, but I thought I'd mention it. I am still signed in as far as I can tell.

I think that this is a virus, but I'm not sure. If anyone has any idea or any ways of fixing this, that would be super helpful.

Edit: I scanned again, and now windows defender says that no threats were found. However, the problem is still there.

submitted by /u/meat_toboggan69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/meat_toboggan69, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 15, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Possible virus help

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Possible virus help :)

Thema:

Possible virus help

1. Possible virus help - Similar Threads - Possible virus help

2. Possible Virus!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible Virus!: Hello,My son has downloaded a MOD for a game something I told him not to do! and when he has turned on his PC today his account on the computer has been deleted and a new account has been created.All of his programs and settings have been removed and the computer won't even...
  3. possible virus

possible virus: Hello, today i downloaded something weird without knowing and deleted it but since then my computer is acting weird and slow, what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/possible-virus/b590afd9-225e-4de1-8526-b1b2ff808701
  4. Possible Virus???

Possible Virus???: My laptop has been doing some strange stuff. It played a random youtube video last night two hours after I shut it, and it had all of my bookmarks open when I opened it this morning. Different pages have also been open that I didn't have open over the last couple days. Any...
  5. possible virus

possible virus: so i was trying to download something and then my virus app says that it was a riskware.hackutility so i obviously removed it is it still in my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-virus/4e4a1c6f-441d-4340-b355-fe262f84b37a
  6. help please with a possible virus. or whatever it is

help please with a possible virus. or whatever it is: I notice ridiculous things happening in my Microsoft office online account. Not sure if this is standard, but I created a word document online in my account and tried to save it onto my computer download it. I could not find the document to open, but I did find all this....
  7. A possible virus?

A possible virus?: Hello, I am having issues recently with my laptop. I am running windows defender as my security tool and my problem is - occasionally a .tmp file with random name appearsusually something with a few letters and numbers like gmd123.tmp in my temp folder. This file begins to...
  8. Possible Virus

Possible Virus: I was recently checking start up task within task manager and noticed a program called cmtray and was wondering what it could possibly be. After some researching I still could not find a answer some said it was malware and some said it was safe. Overall, I am very cautious...
  9. possible virus ?

possible virus ?: I have Comodo Firewall on a Dell Latitude laptop and after a scan it has a list of 30 Unrecognised files. I have been checking where the files reside on my computer using various sites on the internet to find where the files should be and so far all have been where they...
  10. Possible Virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Virus?: I woke up this morning to an issue that I’ve not had before. Malwarebytes self downloaded an upgrade I clicked on it and this is what I got: One or more copies of data on this device maybe out of sync. No writes maybe performed until a data integrity scan is completed....