Windows 10: Possible virus on my computer that wont go away

Discus and support Possible virus on my computer that wont go away in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i recently tried to download a save file of a game to put in my nintendo ds but i went to a phising website and when i pressed download it gave me a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CT Gamer, Sep 1, 2020.

1. CT Gamer Win User

Possible virus on my computer that wont go away

So i recently tried to download a save file of a game to put in my nintendo ds but i went to a phising website and when i pressed download it gave me a .exe, and now im getting constant spams from windows defender saying "Possible virus found: Contebrew.A1ml" and im really scared because i looked it up and its saying its a trojan, i deleted the app but the contebrew thing says its in my downloads it isnt And im scared because this isnt my laptop and it has important stuff on it, i tried windows defender but when i press "Remove" or "Quarantine" it just gives me another popup saying that its there still. please help this laptop was like £700 and i cant afford to lose it. Someone please tell me how to remove it

:)

CT Gamer, Sep 1, 2020

2. computer virus

i think me computer has a virus when i start it up there are no short cuts or task bar( thing with the start button) any suggestions on how to fix it? thanxs

L: email-martinjurewicz@hotmail.com

i nEeD HeLp, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Possible virus on my computer that wont go away - Similar Threads - Possible virus computer

2. Icon on screen wont go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon on screen wont go away: This icon stays on the screen even if apps are fullscreen, the icon is only there after logging into windows, and you cant take a screenshot of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-screen-wont-go-away/e40700b5-7195-4436-b29c-52d5cdaf14e8
  3. Virus/Threats Not Going Away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus/Threats Not Going Away: Every couple of days/weeks I receive a message from Windows Antivirus saying that threats have been detected, I remove the threats using Windows Antivirus but after a couple days/weeks I receive the message again.Question is, how do I remove these threats permanently and/or...
  4. Activate Windows Wont Go Away

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows Wont Go Away: My computer suddenly says it can't activate windows. Windows was installed months back and for some reason, this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-wont-go-away/8436fd0f-e900-4bd6-942e-8039e747d0be
  5. Activate Windows Wont Go Away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows Wont Go Away: My computer suddenly says it can't activate windows. Windows was installed months back and for some reason, this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-wont-go-away/8436fd0f-e900-4bd6-942e-8039e747d0be
  6. BSOD Wont go away...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Wont go away...: Hi, Over the past year I've had a range of BSODs. They had a variety of different error codes and after looking into it it seemed that my RAM was the problem. After plenty of testing I found that one stick was faulty so I replaced it and ended up being fine for a while. Flash...
  7. malware infection wont go away

malware infection wont go away: i tried removing it but it says its in a different drive j drive even though i dont use j drivei restarted my pc and removed defenders log files but its still appearing...
  8. Virus called PC Accelerate wont go away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virus called PC Accelerate wont go away: So I was trying to get an autoclicker but it didnt install and then I deleted and then this thing called PC Accelete showed up and it wont go away and then theres a Chrome logo at the top with search the web and it also wont go away. Ive deleted the auto clicker file but PC...
  9. Possible virus on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible virus on my computer: I just want to make this short and simple, I just downloaded a file that i believe was a .iso, I thought it was a legit source until now I realize my pc isnt staying on, everytime I turn on the pc and log into my windows account, cmd.exe immediately pops up blank, then after...
  10. Pop Ups wont go away

Pop Ups wont go away: PLEASE HELP I have a pop up ob my desktop, that shows up every time I turn on my computer and wont go away. Says things like "she left a message" with a profanity picture....