Windows 10: Possible Virus-Skype showed up in task manager......i never had Skype and STILL dont........

Discus and support Possible Virus-Skype showed up in task manager......i never had Skype and STILL dont........ in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; ok So a Game Master from a online game i play Black Desert Online told me to try a VPN site to help with gaming as far as trying to be able to log... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mikehernandez2, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Possible Virus-Skype showed up in task manager......i never had Skype and STILL dont........

ok So a Game Master from a online game i play Black Desert Online told me to try a VPN site to help with gaming as far as trying to be able to log back on the game again, but in which it wasnt that at all. Well i downloaded a free trial from 1 of the suggested gaming VPN sites. I installed it and as part of thatr installation it had me instal Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 redistributable.(x86)-12.0.3051. Well i was googling similar cases to why the game is not playable again but found an article from a friend about why my pc is so slow even takes 30+ seconds to get into the control panel. And this is even with the game not running. Well i read the forum link it was on this very forum site, that a person was having super pc bogdown like me. Well someone responded to them and the person who was seeking help said that those steps had worked. Those people also had Windows 10 like i do. Because i had skype (3) runnin in task manager as they did. Ive never had skype on this pc so how did that program become able to be running on my pc? i closed down the running Skype program. The advice given was go to SYSTEM>apps and features tab and scroll down the list of apps till you find Messaging, which i did. Then says left click to show "move" and "uninstall". Well the uninstall button is greyed out so i cant un install it along with the same button in the advanced options of it. But The app thats titled Messaging has Microsoft Coportation. And guess what? it has the EAXCT SAME intsalled on date as that redistributable does which is 11/09/18 and is 232kb. That same redistributable i got from that gaming vpn program i downloaded from a gaming vpn site that was reccomnended to me by a Gaming Master from the game.So i deleted that redistributable but i still cant delete that Messages app from (supposedly you guys). But if thats really a non-virus posing as you guys then why does it have the ecaxt same date as the redistributable i had to install to use that gaming vpn program? This is too pobvious to see there is a legit issue here in my case and that other 2 persons cases. And they both said that solution worked so why is it that thay were able to delete the app "Messaging", but i cannot? This has to be the culprit. I deleted that gaming vpn back on the date of 11/09/18 cuz alol it was doing is saying it was looking for best route server wize to play the game. And that game was on the list on that gaming vpn program with all the different versions, because i play on Steam while others play on X-box and who bought the game outright either from a store in real life or on their official site. SOME1 PLZ HELP ME! I cannot do anything but browse basically at the moment!

:)

mikehernandez2, Nov 11, 2018

2. Skype and Gizmoz?

ok, I tried to shut it down in Task Manager and it started up again on it's own! Gizmoz is not listed in msconfig, but I did find it in the Program Files (x86) directory and it does appear to have something to do with Skype. I think I am going to unistall Skype and see if it goes with it and then reinstall from I different location myself.

t77snapshot, Nov 11, 2018
  3. DrPepper Win User
    The baddest skype virus got me !

Unless it hide's in ze cpu cache.

I almost got a virus from skype too but instead it got me *Stick Out Tongue Possible Virus-Skype showed up in task manager......i never had Skype and STILL dont........ :p

DrPepper, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Possible Virus-Skype showed up in task manager......i never had Skype and STILL dont........

Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Possible Virus-Skype showed up in task manager......i never had Skype and STILL dont........

1. Possible Virus-Skype showed up in task manager......i never had Skype and STILL dont........ - Similar Threads - Possible Virus Skype

2. skype

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    skype: unable to connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype/7ac67da8-9048-4cc2-91d7-025847dd1b82
  3. Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER: This is completely unacceptable. Firstly the only reason I have not just switched to Linux is because of Windows software exclusivity, and it's on my last nerve. A few months ago I noticed Skype in my system tray, without my installing. I disabled it starting up with Task...
  4. I uninstalled OneDrive, yet it's still showing up in task manager. It never used to do this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I uninstalled OneDrive, yet it's still showing up in task manager. It never used to do this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vertius_x [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikow4d/i_uninstalled_onedrive_yet_its_still_showing_up/
  5. Skype

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype: Can you help please - Unable to open Skype on my desktop which is running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype/53de871d-867b-4f42-82ae-ab23f3c9a3e2
  6. Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype: How to stop Skype for Business on start up even when all the boxes are unticked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype/13c9d9d7-dfc8-4196-b308-9e0c8fecf699
  7. Skype Download Infected with virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Skype Download Infected with virus: For about three weeks I have been trying to install Skype on a Windows Laptop. Every time AVG picks up a virus (win32/heri) and the installation stops. Can anyone advise me? Thanks...
  8. Skype is constantly being suspended in Task Manager - NO NOTIFICATIONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype is constantly being suspended in Task Manager - NO NOTIFICATIONS: Hi, I've been having issues with Skype showing new message notifications on my Windows 10 pro computer ever since the update came out for suspending programs in the background. The green leaf is always on Skype, showing suspended unless I open the app. If it's suspended,...
  9. Skype

Skype: Hello My brother has both a smart phone an an iPad but is a total non tech. Is there any way we can Skype without his having an email address. We have tried to set up an email address but it is to no avail. TY 35995
  10. Skype

Skype: Skype showed up in my Outlook.com account in Firefox and I have no use for it. Is there a way to get rid of it?? 7498

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my task manager showing Skype with a 4 after it?

2. I dont have skype but skyeapp is in task manager