Windows 10: Possible vulnerability to router

Discus and support Possible vulnerability to router in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm noticing something weird on my network, a few days ao I could not change my Firefox password in a Firefox browser, and the router password I had... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by itzco_521, Sep 13, 2020.

1. itzco_521 Win User

Possible vulnerability to router

I'm noticing something weird on my network, a few days ao I could not change my Firefox password in a Firefox browser, and the router password I had set up was no longer valid. I tried yesterday to do a factory reset on my router, I changed the default router password and a few minutes later I got logged out and the password I had created was no longer valid. That time I used Wireshark to find suspicous activity and I think I found something.

This 65.52.198.70 is establishing a ssl connection with my windows PC. I suspect that is part of the problem. There might be a spyware or something my PC hasnt caught yet cause I've done several scans with Windows Defender. I can provide the full Wireshark capture file if needed. Thanks in advance

Possible vulnerability to router e33fb65d-3c47-4c7b-8e14-8b44510cdb1c?upload=true.png

:)

itzco_521, Sep 13, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 13, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    WPA2 Vulnerability Found

Also don't use your router in bridge mode, or mobile hotspot with WiFi data offloading enabled, without patched firmware.
    https://kb.netgear.com/000049498/Se...ies-PSV-2017-2826-PSV-2017-2836-PSV-2017-2837

MrGenius, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Netgear R7000, R6400, and R8000 routers vulnerable

Source: Security Advisory for VU 582384 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Read more:

Brink, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Possible vulnerability to router - Similar Threads - Possible vulnerability router

2. Is it possible to remotely configure my router for wake on lan?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to remotely configure my router for wake on lan?: I've been away from home for over a year now, and have been successfully using wake on lan to access my home pc. However, the router seems to have died now. I have a friend who's tried rebooting it for me, but apparently it only stays on for a few seconds and then shuts down...
  3. Cisco IOS XE routers Software Authentication Bypass Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Cisco IOS XE routers Software Authentication Bypass Vulnerability: Summary A vulnerability in the Cisco REST API virtual service container for Cisco IOS XE Software could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to bypass authentication on the managed Cisco IOS XE device. The vulnerability is due to an improper check performed by the area...
  4. Vulnerability?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vulnerability?: Windows 10. Files can be accessed without the user password from Troubleshoot>System Image Recovery>select a system image>Advanced >install a driver and it loads up the Local storage where files can be copied to external storage....
  5. Cisco warns over critical ASR 9000 Series router vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Cisco warns over critical ASR 9000 Series router vulnerability: Summary A vulnerability in the sysadmin virtual machine (VM) on Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers running Cisco IOS XR 64-bit Software could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to access internal applications running on the sysadmin VM. The...
  6. Mitigating the last "L1 terminal fault" vulnerabilities - possible or not?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mitigating the last "L1 terminal fault" vulnerabilities - possible or not?: Hello, So I have a 8700K and MSI Z370 with the last BIOS (and also the last, and necessary microcode update - see picture). I have installed the OS patch (Windows 10 x64). Yet the PC is still vulnerable, I can't figure why. This is from the perspective of a normal...
  7. Malwarebytes Vulnerability

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Vulnerability: A security vulnerability has been discovered and patched in the Malwarebytes antivirus for Windows, as COSIG (Centre Opérationnel de Sécurité Informatique Gouvernemental) is reporting. The discovery was made by Francis Provencher, a member of the COSIG research & pentesting...
  8. Blocking Netflix off my router, possible?

Blocking Netflix off my router, possible?: I've had success in blocking all other IPs and domains on my router but this has boggled my mind. I want to block netflix traffic in my router. The problem is, netflix is in an app form in my sister's iPhone and I have no luck in doing so because so many new IPs from...
  9. Is it possible to asign MAC address to router ports?

Is it possible to asign MAC address to router ports?: Hi, I have a Asus rt-12n modem router and a netgear nighthawk r7000 router. The Asus is only used to connect to the landline and all wireless connection is via the netgear router. Is it possible to limit access on the Asus LAN ports? The only wired connection I allow is the...
  10. Netgear R7000, R6400, and R8000 routers vulnerable

in Windows 10 News
    Netgear R7000, R6400, and R8000 routers vulnerable: NETGEAR is aware of the security issue #582384 that allows unauthenticated web pages to pass form input directly to the command-line interface. A remote attacker can potentially inject arbitrary commands which are then executed by the system. NETGEAR has tested the...