Windows 10: POSSIBLE WINDOWS DEFENDER / SYSTEM MECHANIC PRO SYSTEM SHIELD CONFLICT

Discus and support POSSIBLE WINDOWS DEFENDER / SYSTEM MECHANIC PRO SYSTEM SHIELD CONFLICT in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The problem is : System Mechanic Pro System Shield won't initialise and System Shield real time protection cannot be enable. System Shield generates... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PROFESSOR JOHNDANIELS, Jun 21, 2020.

1. POSSIBLE WINDOWS DEFENDER / SYSTEM MECHANIC PRO SYSTEM SHIELD CONFLICT

The problem is : System Mechanic Pro System Shield won't initialise and System Shield real time protection cannot be enable. System Shield generates message indicating that Windows Defender must be disabled in order for System Shield to fully function. When Windows Defender disabled, System Shield virus scan cannot be initialised and real time protection cannot be enabled. Problem first noted on 14/6. Raised ticket with Iolo Customer Support on that day. To date no response other that " ticket progressing".

Remedies tried : System Mechanic Pro has been re installed and unistalled 6 times using Revo Unistaller to remove remnants. Downloaded Kaspersky Free to determine if the apparent conflict affected other anti virus programmes. It did not. Kaspersky functioned normally and overrode Windows Defender.

Windows Software etc : Windows Home 10 1909 18363.900. Latest available update for this computer KB 4497165. 2004 not yet avaiable for this computer. Processor AMD A12-9720P RADEON R7.

Many thanks for assistance in advance.

:)

PROFESSOR JOHNDANIELS, Jun 21, 2020
  2. OMPONGIII Win User

Will System Mechanic Pro (with Virus Protection) and Windows 10 Defender co-exist?

Will System Mechanic Pro (with Virus Protection) and Windows 10 Defender co-exist?

OMPONGIII, Jun 21, 2020
  3. How To Disable Windows Defender and use instead my Iolo System Mechanics in my PC?

If you have the professional edition of System Mechanic, then I believe it does include an AV component that can be installed with a reinstallation:

http://support.iolo.com/link/portal...r-time-if-I-already-have-antivirus-protection

But I certainly wouldn’t recommend that; for the reasons given here:

iolo System Shield Review

Additionally, the reason why Windows Defender is running so hot might have a lot to do with background processes that are being run by System Mechanic – although you might be able to work around that issue by disabling ActiveCare, or by setting up
    exclusions for System Mechanic’s folders and executable processes:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...dd-an-exclusion-to-windows-defender-antivirus

It’s also worth noting that third-party AV apps are sometimes less prone to aggravation by background processes, so you might want consider switching to another free AV solution as an alternative to enabling the System Shield in System Mechanic:

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows 10

The Best Free Antivirus Protection for 2020

GreginMich, Jun 21, 2020
  4. POSSIBLE WINDOWS DEFENDER / SYSTEM MECHANIC PRO SYSTEM SHIELD CONFLICT

Will Microsoft's Defender run with System Mechanic Pro's antivirus package? Or do I have to turn off the Defender program?

To Whom It May Concern?

Will Microsoft's Defender run with System Mechanic Pro's antivirus package?

Or do I have to turn off the Defender program?

Thanks!

Ray Phelps

Ray PhelpsToo, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

POSSIBLE WINDOWS DEFENDER / SYSTEM MECHANIC PRO SYSTEM SHIELD CONFLICT

1. POSSIBLE WINDOWS DEFENDER / SYSTEM MECHANIC PRO SYSTEM SHIELD CONFLICT - Similar Threads - POSSIBLE DEFENDER SYSTEM

2. Marketing for Iolo's system mechanic and others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Marketing for Iolo's system mechanic and others: Hi, I downloaded and used System Mechanic for sometime 1-2 yrs, then saw the light and actually READ the reviews, so uninstalled. The program is 99% however there are a few *.dll and other Iolo files I cannot delete. I see marketing pop ups quite regularly and cant find...
  3. System Mechanic app

System Mechanic app: Why can't I access my System Mechanic app that I have used for years? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mechanic-app/24f293dd-84f8-4376-a290-f1e05f485777
  4. How do I disable Windows Defender Antivirus so I can enable System Mechanic System Shield...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable Windows Defender Antivirus so I can enable System Mechanic System Shield...: I have iolo System Mechanic Ultimate Defense. I previously uninstalled McAfee protection and am now trying to enable the System Shield Real-time protection in System Mechanic Ultimate Defense. I get a message "Disable conflicting real-time protection....Windows Defender...
  5. system mechanic

system mechanic: System Mechanic has disappeared from my system. It is paid through 01/04/2022. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mechanic/6032535b-b9c2-4223-a835-0ce9353f0738
  6. system mechanic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system mechanic: i bought this PC performance disk for this computer my wife got from her grand parents and i cant seem to get the thing do do what its post to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mechanic/664372d8-3ece-4365-a721-497aeae11166
  7. Do I need to unintall windows Defender, to install, System Mechanic Pro?

Do I need to unintall windows Defender, to install, System Mechanic Pro?: Do I need to uninstall windows Defender to install, System Mechanic Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/do-i-need-to-unintall-windows-defender-to-install/331ab48d-8ede-49ef-9a3b-fdd1db0b3a76
  8. Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar: This is the first time in all my years of using Windows that I've seen an app that won't pin to the taskbar. When I move it over the taskbar, it'll show the symbol. When I press the Windows key and scroll down installed apps, it doesn't show up. It only shows up in the...
  9. Problem installing System Mechanic 18

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing System Mechanic 18: I have 3 PC's, with different ASUS motherboards, all running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; I have been trying to install System Mechanic 18, but while it will load with no problems on one PC, on the other two I get "There was an error retrieving the installation file: Error Code...
  10. Using Windows Defender and System Mechanic in Windows 10

Using Windows Defender and System Mechanic in Windows 10: Windows 10 I purchased System Mechanic not knowing about Windows Defender. I have both running. Should I use both or just one? If just one which should I use? I assume I can turn off Windows Defender and or delete System Mechanic. Btw, I am inexperienced. Thank you. 66536