Windows 10: Possible Windows drag lag fix

Discus and support Possible Windows drag lag fix in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was having some windows problems, one of which was this drag lag issue with whatever window seemed to be open. Some diving into old reddit posts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Street-Two-5919, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Possible Windows drag lag fix

So I was having some windows problems, one of which was this drag lag issue with whatever window seemed to be open. Some diving into old reddit posts said it had to do with mouse polling rate and showing contents of window while dragging in advanced system settings. Neither of those worked for me so I did a fresh install of Windows, problem went away. After about 6 hours of use and changing settings here and there I changed the text size in windows from 100% to 120% because I'm blind as fuck. As soon as I did the problem started almost immediately, so I'm assuming it's a scaling issue with Windows 10

My settings: 1920x1080 - 100% Scale and Layout - text size 100% - GPU scaling OFF

I changed the text size to 120% and the bug started. Maybe Windows likes the text size and layout scaling to be the same? Who knows...

If your having this bug just mess around with the scaling options. It could be different for other resolutions

submitted by /u/Street-Two-5919
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Street-Two-5919, Aug 29, 2022

2. Explorer lagging when dragging files

So I noticed a couple months back that Explorer started lagging when I drag a file anywhere, even within the same window. I click, start to drag, and it immediately lags for about a second or two, then suddenly moves to the spot I indicated. Does it with right-click drags, too. It's not my CPU, I've checked. Memory's good, too. Updated Windows several times since this has started, that didn't fix it. Updated my GPU drivers, too, didn't solve it. What's the issue? Should I do a fresh Windows install?

GuyInDogSuit, Aug 29, 2022
  3. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Aug 29, 2022
  4. Jose Est Win User

Possible Windows drag lag fix

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

Possible Windows drag lag fix

1. Possible Windows drag lag fix - Similar Threads - Possible drag lag

2. Mouse Button Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse Button Drag Lag: In Win 10, I select files in a folder, by holding down the mouse button, and dragging the arrow cursor over the files that I wish to select, but there is a serious delay or lagging of the blue shading, as the files are selected. How can this lagging be rectified? I appears to...
  3. Mouse Button Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Button Drag Lag: In Win 10, I select files in a folder, by holding down the mouse button, and dragging the arrow cursor over the files that I wish to select, but there is a serious delay or lagging of the blue shading, as the files are selected. How can this lagging be rectified? I appears to...
  4. Mouse Button Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mouse lagging then dragging windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse lagging then dragging windows: im trying to drag a window but at some point it just stops im not sure if it happened before can someone help me fix it without resetting windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-lagging-then-dragging-windows/9db140cd-d183-4d82-872d-b6c9a6bab13d
  6. Desktop Icon Dragging Lags

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Dragging Lags: I'm using a brand new work machine with Windows 10 and experiencing a weird bug. When I attempt to drag a desktop icon from one place to another, there's a 1-2 second lag before the move actually occurs. During this time, a slightly transparent "ghost" of the icon will remain...
  7. Desktop drag lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop drag lag: Whenever I drag an icon/shortcut on my pc it take a second to move it and is laggy. It’s also pretty laggy when I drag the blue box thingy to select multiple icons. Even just hovering the mouse over icons it takes awhile to register. And this is on a decent gaming pc and my...
  8. Windows Pen Tablet Click and Drag Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Pen Tablet Click and Drag Lag: Hi all, I'm trying to use a graphics tablet with windows 10 and encountering some really infuriating problems. It seems like windows 10 ignores the input from the tablet when doing a 'click and drag' until the tablet pen is moved out of an initial radius, at which point it...
  9. Windows Pen Tablet Click and Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Pen Tablet Click and Drag Lag: Hi all, I'm trying to use a graphics tablet with windows 10 and encountering some really infuriating problems. It seems like windows 10 ignores the input from the tablet when doing a 'click and drag' until the tablet pen is moved out of an initial radius, at which point it...
  10. Explorer lagging when dragging files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer lagging when dragging files: So I noticed a couple months back that Explorer started lagging when I drag a file anywhere, even within the same window. I click, start to drag, and it immediately lags for about a second or two, then suddenly moves to the spot I indicated. Does it with right-click drags,...