Windows 10: Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS

Discus and support Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, Recently I've been having issues with BSODs that appear to be coming from my graphics card, but I've no real way to check and make sure so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by the-ultra-nerd, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS

Hey all,

Recently I've been having issues with BSODs that appear to be coming from my graphics card, but I've no real way to check and make sure so wanted to get an opinion or two on what to do.

Google Drive link to zip file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v3D6BS5qVjzdYCp8uj2QLXdtRetlBRq3

:)

the-ultra-nerd, Sep 19, 2019

2. Frequent BSOD's, possibly MB/GPU related

Have had frequent BSOD's for an extended period of time, which seem to be hardware related seeing as they have persisted through multiple OS installs as well as driver reinstalls. BSOD's occur when browsing online as well as when gaming, with visual artifacting
    followed by BSOD when the GPU hits 70 degrees celsius in games, no pattern for BSOD's when browsing online. Error codes have often referred to drivers, page files, threads, many USB related errors, and general exceptions. A full list of dumps from the past
    month have been compiled into the rar file available at the following link: http://1drv.ms/1Ri6XWx

Expecting to have to replace my motherboard or graphics card, just not sure which (or maybe both) is the issue. Memtest86 and Chkdsk showed no errors, and substituting RAM had no impact.

Thanks in Advance,

Tom Angus

Thomas Angus, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Bad Pool Header, Driver related crashes, BSOD whiel gaming

Hi

I have recently upgraded my hardware to Intel Skylake platform, complete system build is linked below via pcpartpicker website
    Intel Core i7-6700K, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti (2-Way SLI), Phanteks Enthoo Pro - 2016 - prashant9700s Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

Once I complete my build, there were no errors or BSOD but once I started rendering 4K videos, I faced freezes and BSODs, things got worst when I started playing latest game : Rise of the Tomb Raider in 4K and 2K resolutions !

I had few BSOD crashes : Drivers related crashes (which I don't remember drivers reference), then most recently it was one was Bad Pool Header one while in gaming session

I also had bad memory error but since my RAM sticks are brand new, I don't think so it is causing it but anyway to ensure it is not the case I ran Mem test 86 for required runs of test and nothing came up regarding RAM sticks

I have attached system report as suggested by your forum here, so please let me know what could be the reason for these BSOD ?

Thank you

Prashant
    Attachment 62361

prohdgaming, Sep 19, 2019
  4. alexsubri Win User

Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS

1. Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS - Similar Threads - Possibly Bad Graphics

2. Why is weird stuff happening after a possibly graphics driver related BSOD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is weird stuff happening after a possibly graphics driver related BSOD?: Yesterday, I was rendering the image sequence of an animation in Blender and got a bluescreen after some frames. The error code I got was 0x80800000000. After restarting, I had to update my graphics driver. Had a Windows update the day before this. Now, I'm dealing with the...
  3. Why is weird stuff happening after a possibly graphics driver related BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is weird stuff happening after a possibly graphics driver related BSOD?: Yesterday, I was rendering the image sequence of an animation in Blender and got a bluescreen after some frames. The error code I got was 0x80800000000. After restarting, I had to update my graphics driver. Had a Windows update the day before this. Now, I'm dealing with the...
  4. BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers: Split from this thread. Good Morning, I am hoping to have some help here. I have a user that is utilizing a Dell Precision 7520 with a Nvidia QuadroM2200. User was previously on a D3100 Dock and from my under standing that dock does not support dedicated graphics card..User...
  5. BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers: Split from this thread. Good Morning, I am hoping to have some help here. I have a user that is utilizing a Dell Precision 7520 with a Nvidia QuadroM2200. User was previously on a D3100 Dock and from my under standing that dock does not support dedicated graphics card..User...
  6. Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver: My PC has crashed about 5 times now over the last 6 months. It is not reproduceable and seemingly happens randomly, as no particular application or action seems to trigger it. The PC doesn't literally blue screen, it just freezes then restarts. A surface level look with...
  7. Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver: My PC has crashed about 5 times now over the last 6 months. It is not reproduceable and seemingly happens randomly, as no particular application or action seems to trigger it. The PC doesn't literally blue screen, it just freezes then restarts. A surface level look with...
  8. Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Possible bad drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible bad drivers: Hey guys, I've been getting quite alot of bluescreens for a while now since I built this computer in January this year. I've been doing alot of troubleshooting using Memtest and Intel Diagnostic tool for CPU. I found a thread...
  10. BSOD with VPN - possibly related to network drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with VPN - possibly related to network drivers: Hi, I am experiencing BSOD on the University network-eduroam, which have not happened before. It happens few minutes after I am connected to my Okayfreedom VPN, but I do not have this problem at home with my wifi which is strange. There is no problems without the VPN...