Windows 10: Possibly stupid question - Build 1709 as Windows Update. If yes when ?

Discus and support Possibly stupid question - Build 1709 as Windows Update. If yes when ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The question it's on the title.... i see about three weeks ago the build 1709 it's been released.... At today i see i have the1703 installed and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DjDiabolik, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Possibly stupid question - Build 1709 as Windows Update. If yes when ?

The question it's on the title.... i see about three weeks ago the build 1709 it's been released....
    At today i see i have the1703 installed and the question it's... when this 1709 it's been pushed to windows update ?
    Someone has already received this update ? It's some particolar requirement and i need to check somethings on my pc ?

:)

DjDiabolik, Nov 6, 2017
  2. illinjah Win User

5800 - possibly stupid question about automated call centres

There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers... Possibly stupid question - Build 1709 as Windows Update. If yes when ? :)

As soon as the call is connected you can press "dialler" on the bottom right corner of your phone in order to get the keypad displayed again!

Let us know if this worked out for you. Possibly stupid question - Build 1709 as Windows Update. If yes when ? :)

illinjah, Nov 6, 2017
  3. emmavine Win User
    5800 - possibly stupid question about automated call centres

Hi,

There is possibly an obvious answer to this, but when you call a number that is answered by an automated centre, how do you press one (or whatever). I can't get around this, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

emmavine, Nov 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Possibly stupid question - Build 1709 as Windows Update. If yes when ?

MS releases this over some 2-3 months. (Think load on servers, user feedback and experience...). They also try (not always successfully) to delay release to devices thought to be less compatible.

If you take due precautions (we constantly recommend people routinely use disk imaging) you can do this manually and download the iso yourself.

Check through the problems some have been experiencing first.

dalchina, Nov 6, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    They also prioritise those newer machines that they have tested for compatibility in cooperation with their OEM partners.

Mine's an older machine, so I manually upgraded it myself on day one...
    ...and I did before upgrading - a manual upgrade is only recommended by MS if you are prepared to deal with any problems that may occur.

How to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

The safer way is to wait for Windows Update to say it is ready for your machine. If it is, you can start the process a little earlier by manually checking for updates...

How to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Bree, Nov 6, 2017
  6. I know the manually ways......... and it's no problems for me wait but at this point i have some question about "prioritise those newer machines". What does this mean? If i have a newer and top homemade assembled pc i obtain later this upgrade ?

It is possible therefore that pc by brand like ASUS Rog of Acer Gaming or Razer can be obtain this Update whit priority respect all other pc ? Strange solution.......

DjDiabolik, Nov 6, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    More on that here...

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update phased rollout approach

Bree, Nov 6, 2017
  8. RQT
    rqt Win User

"The Fall Creators Update begins rolling out to newer devices tested by us and our device partners."

Which will be why the first of my machines to update itself (on the release day) was a Dell OptiPlex 760 (originally a Vista machine, hardly the latest) - followed shortly after by a HP Compaq 6830S laptop (late Vista era). My relatively modern machines did not start updating themselves & were done manually.

So whatever Microsoft's selection method is it seems to me be something other than the one described.

9. My 2011 Gateway mini desktop started running so poorly I quit using it a couple of years ago. I tried reinstalling win 7 on it with the required updates, but the cpu and drive were always busy for no good reason. It made using the computer miserable.
    Last week I installed the windows 10 (1709) upgrade on it and did a reset clearing everything off the drive. Now it's just a delight to use again, cpu and drive simply idle along with hardly any activity at all.

I'm typing this post on it now, haven't used it in two years and it's like I just got a brand new desktop computer. Now I let my newer Dell Inspirion Intel i5 rest, I use that for photo and video processing that the little Gateway is a bit slower at. The Dell really flys with Win 10.

CannonRebel, Nov 7, 2017
  10. My 2011 Gateway mini desktop started running so poorly I quit using it a couple of years ago. I tried reinstalling win 7 on it with the required updates, but the cpu and drive were always busy for no good reason. It made using the computer miserable.
    Last week I installed the windows 10 (1709) upgrade on it and did a reset clearing everything off the drive. Now it's just a delight to use again, cpu and drive simply idle along with hardly any activity at all.

I'm typing this post on it now, haven't used it in two years and it's like I just got a brand new desktop computer. Now I let my newer Dell Inspirion Intel i5 rest, I use that for photo and video processing that the little Gateway is a bit slower at. The Dell really flys with Win 10.

CannonRebel, Nov 7, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    There will be posts by some people waiting for Windows Update to push the Fall Creator's Update to their computer all the way into whenever the next major upgrade is after this one. Personally, I can't understand the joy in waiting for the most unreliable method to randomly push the update which is likely to be at most inconvenient time when it is just too easy to download the ISO file, mount it, and click on setup.

NavyLCDR, Nov 7, 2017
  12. My request it's related to a different point of view....... are you read all other reply ? Answer i thinks it's no.

The question about download & installation manually it's clearly know by all i thinks........

DjDiabolik, Nov 7, 2017
  13. AddRAM Win User

So, what is the point to your question or topic ?

You can install it manually or wait for it to show up as an update.

There is no reason to rush it, most everyone that jumps on the upgrade too soon has issues, and then those people come here asking us question after question about how to deal with their problem. And expect us to know the answer *Rolleyes

As long as you have your system setup to install feature updates there`s nothing more you have to do.

There is no time set in stone when you will see the update so how are we to know when you will see the update.

AddRAM, Nov 7, 2017
  14. cereberus Win User
    I'm with @NavyLCDR - manual upgrading is most reliable solution.

cereberus, Nov 7, 2017
  15. AddRAM Win User
    *Ditto

But I also believe Navy has posted that he's updated many machines using the windows update method and has not had 1 problem.

My update from the AU to the CU went flawlessly also.

AddRAM, Nov 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Possibly stupid question - Build 1709 as Windows Update. If yes when ? - Similar Threads - Possibly stupid question

2. A stupid display question..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A stupid display question..: Hello guys! I'm Alex from italy. I just can't figure out how can I switch between my two monitor. I try to explain better. My second monitor is a TV connected with hdmi cable, sometimes I need to see the second desktop while the normal TV is running without switching the...
  3. A stupid display question..

in Windows 10 Customization
    A stupid display question..: Hello guys! I'm Alex from italy. I just can't figure out how can I switch between my two monitor. I try to explain better. My second monitor is a TV connected with hdmi cable, sometimes I need to see the second desktop while the normal TV is running without switching the...
  4. Stupid question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stupid question: I just bought a new laptop, and I want to change the lock screen to a picture from a file. I did everything you're supposed to do, but I can't find an 'ok' button, or 'save changes' button, or whatever. How do I get my changes to stick?...
  5. Sorry if this is a stupid question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorry if this is a stupid question: submitted by /u/spinelazuli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4xsfu/sorry_if_this_is_a_stupid_question/
  6. This might be a stupid question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This might be a stupid question: Does factory resetting a laptop also factory reset my pc? Windows 10 is tied to my email which is used for both laptop and pc with synced settings turn on submitted by /u/pogbxxx [link] [comments]...
  7. Updating But Staying With Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.847) Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating But Staying With Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.847) Question: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...ch.aspx?q=1709 My Win 10 Version Pro according to winver is Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.847)For this bootable partition I want to stay with 1709 but it has had no security updates or any updates for that matter for about a year now....
  8. Updating But Staying With Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.847) Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating But Staying With Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.847) Question: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...ch.aspx?q=1709 My Win 10 Version Pro according to winver is Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.847)For this bootable partition I want to stay with 1709 but it has had no security updates or any updates for that matter for about a year now....
  9. Windows stupid... have questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows stupid... have questions: I rarely use Windows, but need it sometimes to help my children with their computer problems/needs. I have an HP dm4-3050us laptop that came with windows 7 Home. I have done the upgrade to Windows 10 and everything is working all right. The computer is dual booted with Linux...
  10. Possibly the question that is too stupid to ask

in Windows 10 Support
    Possibly the question that is too stupid to ask: I am trying to use VMware's Vcenter to virtualize my production system which is on the same machine. To begin the process it asks for hostname or IP address, user name, and password for my real machine. Unless vVcenter is broken no matter what I put in there is always an...