Windows 10: Possibly unwanted & unrequired downloads slowing down my pc

Discus and support Possibly unwanted & unrequired downloads slowing down my pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; With Windows 7 support now ended, I recently purchased a small Windows-10 pc purely for internet access. At home in a rural area I access the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jh-intransit, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Possibly unwanted & unrequired downloads slowing down my pc

With Windows 7 support now ended, I recently purchased a small Windows-10 pc purely for internet access. At home in a rural area I access the internet through my mobile phone, download speeds being fairly slow. My online activity is irregular and often when I am not at home, so paying extra for fast broadband at my residence is not good value as far as I am concerned. Sometimes I have to wait ages to be able to access my email account well over an hour yesterday as my PC is clogged with these data downloads. I checked network activity on the Resources Monitor, then later looked up the web addresses from the numerical codes.

The main culprits were :

Mobile tracker Verizon Business

Microsoft Azure

Akamai Technologies

Microsoft Azure Hong Kong

Between them, they downloaded a few hundred Mb, pushing my small CPU to its maximum.

Firstly, why am I getting all this stuff? Is this hidden in the MS 'terms & conditions' and do these companies have deals with Microsoft ?

Can I safely pause the downloads? If so, how? I never asked for this stuff.

I never had such problems with Windows 7, except with the monthly security updates, which I was happy to receive.

I have no interest in saving data in the 'cloud'.

:)

jh-intransit, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Possibly unwanted & unrequired downloads slowing down my pc

Download speed is slow when downloading apps from the Store

Hi Elijah,

A few possible reasons can cause slow download speed when installing apps. To help us identify the cause of this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you also experience slow connection when browsing the Internet using Edge?
    • What is the make and model of your phone?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your reply.

Gino Des, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Possibly unwanted & unrequired downloads slowing down my pc

1. Possibly unwanted & unrequired downloads slowing down my pc - Similar Threads - Possibly unwanted unrequired

2. External hard drive slowing down pc and very slow downloads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive slowing down pc and very slow downloads.: I had an external hard drive that worked great until suddenly whenever it was plugged in my Pc would run very slow and I could not download anything on the external hard drive, so I threw it out and got a new one, but I am having the same problem on the new one. Help me!!!!!...
  3. External hard drive slowing down pc and very slow downloads.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive slowing down pc and very slow downloads.: I had an external hard drive that worked great until suddenly whenever it was plugged in my Pc would run very slow and I could not download anything on the external hard drive, so I threw it out and got a new one, but I am having the same problem on the new one. Help me!!!!!...
  4. PC SLOW DOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC SLOW DOWN: Hi ,I am currently having 64bit window 10 but it hangs too much sometimes it works fast but mostly it hangs will 32bit window be better opinion in my sight of view 32bit window 10 require less RAM and will work more faster in pc below are device specification can you please...
  5. Laptop slowed down, possible cause?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop slowed down, possible cause?: This service is using up 26% of CPU usage and seems to be causing a slow down. Can i eliminate this service or uninstall the program? Didn't experience this until recently when i upgraded to a 1440p monitor (laptop resolution is 1080p) and noticed a significant lag in...
  6. Pc slow down after Unwanted potential app installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc slow down after Unwanted potential app installation: Yesterday i just installed "utorrent web" on my Pc but windows security popup 'Unwanted app found your device may perform poorly ' immediately i just uninstalled since then my pc my got extremely slow and start lagging even i cannot open my settings...
  7. PC slows down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slows down: My Lenovo Windows 10 laptop bought in 2016 is very slow, ittakes a lot of time to load or open any folder and I am not able to know its cause. I have tried deleting temporary files in temp and %temp% folders but after some time, it again starts slowing down. It is free of...
  8. Slow down of PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow down of PC: After upgrading Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I observed that when I open any word file Microsoft word 2010 by PC become slow. For few particular word files my PC become terribly slow and it does not function properly. What is the reason for this and is there any solution?...
  9. Internet slows down on downloads.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet slows down on downloads.: When I download stuff my download speed starts off at 2.4 megabites/s and then goes down right away to like 500 kb/s. Is this normal to happen and if not how do I fix it? 85296
  10. pc slowing down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc slowing down: Hello I have problem with my laptop.I bought my laptop about a month ago and it was very fast but after this one month it started to slow down and it gets slower and slower and i dont know whats happening ..... My laptop is supposed to be fast but something happened and now...