Windows 10: Post 1809 power issues - no resume after screen timeout

Discus and support Post 1809 power issues - no resume after screen timeout in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have found an incredible productivity killing issue since updating to v1809. If I leave the computer for a few minutes and screen is turned off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by David460, Dec 24, 2018.

1. David460 Win User

Post 1809 power issues - no resume after screen timeout

I have found an incredible productivity killing issue since updating to v1809.

If I leave the computer for a few minutes and screen is turned off, nothing can get it to resume. The only way to get back to work is to press the power button until machine shuts down, then restart. It seems the computer is going into sleep mode, not rebooting as on resume I get the same desktop as when the screen shut off.

I have tried setting the power management for the screen using the new System interface and the legacy control panel. It doesn't make any difference.

If this cannot resolve I will need to roll back to 1803.

:)

David460, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Post 1809 power issues - no resume after screen timeout

Lock Screen on timeout Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to set lock screen automatically. We will help you to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right Click from Desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Click on lock screen.
    • Click on screen saver settings.
    • Click on “On resume, display logon screen”.
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Post 1809 power issues - no resume after screen timeout

1. Post 1809 power issues - no resume after screen timeout - Similar Threads - Post 1809 power

2. Screen timeout issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen timeout issue: İ have some wierd issue since i reinstalled win11, it is when pc screen times out and turns off, it will turn on in a little while even if there is no. Any reaction that could cause to awaken pc, neiither me nor programs, but allso in the second time of time out it doesnt be...
  3. Screen timeout issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen timeout issue: İ have some wierd issue since i reinstalled win11, it is when pc screen times out and turns off, it will turn on in a little while even if there is no. Any reaction that could cause to awaken pc, neiither me nor programs, but allso in the second time of time out it doesnt be...
  4. Blue screen - Watchdog power timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen - Watchdog power timeout: Hi, I had many blue screens in the last month. The message errore is "watchdog power timeout".It happens after i put the the pc into sleep mode. Here it is dump files and system info:Dump files Thanks for the help.Anthony...
  5. Blue screen - Watchdog power timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen - Watchdog power timeout: Hi, I had many blue screens in the last month. The message errore is "watchdog power timeout".It happens after i put the the pc into sleep mode. Here it is dump files and system info:Dump files Thanks for the help.Anthony...
  6. WIN32K POWER WATCHDOG TIMEOUT blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN32K POWER WATCHDOG TIMEOUT blue screen: On coming out of hibernation my system is going to blue screen with the above error message. This has happened twice in the last couple of days. It initially happened when I installed a second monitor to my Surface Pro 5 so I removed the 'management' tool that I downloaded...
  7. WIN32K POWER WATCHDOG TIMEOUT blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN32K POWER WATCHDOG TIMEOUT blue screen: On coming out of hibernation my system is going to blue screen with the above error message. This has happened twice in the last couple of days. It initially happened when I installed a second monitor to my Surface Pro 5 so I removed the 'management' tool that I downloaded...
  8. win32k power watchdog timeout blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win32k power watchdog timeout blue screen: Hello all, I am getting the win32k power watchdog timeout blue screen error on my laptop. I reinstalled Win10 using a flash drive, updated all drivers several times. It didn't help. My laptop Dell Inspiron 5491, also I am using an additional monitor from DELL. This...
  9. Windows 2019: Some Monitors do not resume display after display power off timeout time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 2019: Some Monitors do not resume display after display power off timeout time: Hi, We are getting this issue from our customers- Monitors: IBM TFT LCD T117 AOC 931Sn BENQ GL2250-T Server systems CPU Skylake/Caskadelake Matrox vga display onboard Windows: Server 2019 version 1809 OS build 17763.107 Resolution: 1024x768, 1440x900, 1920x1080...
  10. Some Monitors do not resume display after display power off timeout time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some Monitors do not resume display after display power off timeout time: Hi, We are getting this issue from our customers- Monitors: IBM TFT LCD T117 AOC 931Sn BENQ GL2250-T Server systems CPU Skylake/Caskadelake Matrox vga display onboard Windows: Server 2019 version 1809 OS build 17763.107 Resolution: 1024x768, 1440x900, 1920x1080...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen with cursor display timeout win10 1809

2. resume after screen timeout

3. past 1809 power issues = no resume