Windows 10: post 1809 upgrade - egde and skype not internet connection

Discus and support post 1809 upgrade - egde and skype not internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro x64 1809 17763.1 After the upgrade from 1803 to 1809 neither egde nor skype are connecting to the internet. No such issues with any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gotta b kiddin, Oct 4, 2018.

1. post 1809 upgrade - egde and skype not internet connection

Win 10 Pro x64 1809 17763.1

After the upgrade from 1803 to 1809 neither egde nor skype are connecting to the internet. No such issues with any other application.

Running edge in a Application Guard window it does connect to the internet however.

Which is all very strange. What to do to get edge and skype to connect?

:)

gotta b kiddin, Oct 4, 2018
  2. PaulPChou Win User

when to upgrade to 1809

Microsoft:

I've read that 1809 will be coming out very soon. What I want to know is when should I go up to 1809? When it comes out or should I wait to upgrade later?

PaulPChou, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    cant connect to Hangouts and Skype. windows 10

Hi Dianne,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

• Have you tried to connect to hangouts or skype using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you get same error message?

I suggest you to try using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer and check if you are able to connect and use Google hangouts and Skype. Get back to us with the results to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Clark Ari Win User

post 1809 upgrade - egde and skype not internet connection

skype says no internet connection

Hi John,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as intermittent connection, or when the application needs to be updated. We would like to know more about the issue so we can assist you better. Please answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue the same when accessing your account in web.skype.com?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you first run the Windows app troubleshooter. This will be able to resolve issues when your Windows application is not working properly. To do so, click on this
    link.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you fix your network connection issues in Windows 10. To do that, follow the steps provided on this
    link. The article will be able to provide you with network and internet troubleshooting that will help you
    resolve the issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

post 1809 upgrade - egde and skype not internet connection

1. post 1809 upgrade - egde and skype not internet connection - Similar Threads - post 1809 upgrade

2. Internet connectivity problem post-Window updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connectivity problem post-Window updates: I'm not a tech-savvy person but I really need help. My wifi icon keeps getting randomly disappeared and I cannot access the wifi even though it's working fine on my smartphone. When I run a diagnose, the result is always 'ethernet not plugged in.' So, I tried many methods...
  3. skype connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    skype connection: Why is my Skype connection so bad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-connection/233c4add-b632-4d47-af48-3e141d33c094
  4. Post Upgrade (it seems) poor wired & w/less internet connectivity &...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Post Upgrade (it seems) poor wired & w/less internet connectivity &...: Here's a description of my problem, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on: My Dell laptop, running Win 10 Home got very slow about six weeks ago and the audio was 'crackly'. It was fixed after uninstalling a couple of updates. (I don't remember which) About 2 weeks ago...
  5. 1903 upgrade - connected, no internet

1903 upgrade - connected, no internet: Hi people, I'm litterally hitting my head against the wall after the last upgrade. Some backstory: we're talking here about an hold custom made desktop pc, originally sold with Windows 7. It was upgraded and working smoothly until some version of windows that could be 1703...
  6. No Internet Connection 1809 Update Problem

No Internet Connection 1809 Update Problem: Hello all! After Update my windows to latest version 1809, when I power on my laptop and want to use internet using the browser, it says "No Internet Connection" and it doesn't work, like when I have no internet !! after that I had to Restart my windows to fix it! every time...
  7. Skype Is Not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Is Not connecting: My Skype app for Windows 10 is not loading it just stays on the loading screen its been like that for almost 24 hours i have tried uninstalling But nothing seems to wanna work...
  8. After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store: [img] [img] I've not been able to find any mention of this problem with 1809 yet. I had no problem running the update. Tried turning firewall off - no help. Tried re-registering Store - no help. Needless to say my internet connection is fine. I also verified that both...
  9. After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store: [img] [img] I've not been able to find any mention of this problem with 1809 yet. I had no problem running the update. Tried turning firewall off - no help. Tried re-registering Store - no help. Needless to say my internet connection is fine. I also verified that both...
  10. No internet connection after upgrade

No internet connection after upgrade: Hi, I upgraded my ageing Dell Inspiron 530 desktop PC this morning from Win7 Ultimate to Win10 Pro. The PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable. All seems fine in terms of the OS, but I have no internet access. I know the router's OK as my other devices are fine....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype problem after upgrade windows 1803 to 1809