Windows 10: Post Anniversary Update: Long App List in Start Menu

Discus and support Post Anniversary Update: Long App List in Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Before the update, there was "all programs" which would hide all the apps but now they're all exposed as soon as you click the start button. How to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jj2016, Aug 12, 2016.

1. jj2016 Win User

Post Anniversary Update: Long App List in Start Menu

Before the update, there was "all programs" which would hide all the apps but now they're all exposed as soon as you click the start button. How to remove this long ugly list?

Post Anniversary Update: Long App List in Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

jj2016, Aug 12, 2016

2. "All apps" stays open on the start menu in Windows 10

The Start menu has changed in the Anniversary Update (v1607). All apps can't be hidden. However, with the Creators Update coming in
    March 2017, there is an option to hide All apps list via Settings.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 12, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu (non-full-screen version not showing icons for "Pinned tiles" & "All apps")

If you have an alphabetical list of apps on the left hand side of your start menu, your system has updated to the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10. If that is the case, then there is no way of 'Turning it off'.

This is the new Start Menu in the Anniversary Upgrade, some like it, a lot of users do not, I read somewhere that in the March upgrade there will be the option to customise the look and feel of the Start menu, but until then we are stuck with this one .
    . .

I hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Aug 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

This is by MS design and can't be changed.
    Try searching the web for e.g.
    What's changed in the windows anniversary update
    and you will find this described.

Many have asked the same question.

Solution:
    a. Use a replacement start menu
    b. Don't use Windows *Smile
    c. Tape a piece of paper over that area *Biggrin
    d. Remove all the relevant shortcuts from the appropriate folder. (Downside- you won't have a functioning start menu). *Huh

dalchina, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Post Anniversary Update: Long App List in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Post Anniversary Update

2. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  3. Issue With Start Menu Apps List

Issue With Start Menu Apps List: I run Windows 10 and have an issue with the Start Menu List of Apps the list of apps/ programs in alphabetic order that appears on the left side of the screen next to the Start Tiles. Some shortcuts are contained in folders that I want to move out of the folders, place them...
  4. Customize Start Menu App List

Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  5. Long wait for adds or changes to show up in start menu Apps List

in Windows 10 Support
    Long wait for adds or changes to show up in start menu Apps List: When I add or change folders, shortcuts to the start menu Apps List everything goes well except that it takes hours for the changes or additions to show up. Restarting the computer does not help. Sometimes they show up the next day. Working with this path:...
  6. Cortana News Post Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana News Post Anniversary Update: Hi guys. Just wondering here if this is a known issue. Does Cortana not show news items anymore when you click on the Ask Me Anything tab? It did pre anniversary update but it does not now. My region/location is all UK. Many thanks 59356
  7. Additional post-Anniversary update kills Sticky Notes app

Additional post-Anniversary update kills Sticky Notes app: Just confirmed this behavior on a number of Windows 10 Pro x64 machines. Immediately after installation of Anniversary Update the Sticky Notes app works as intended. However, later the Store app will show that there's an update for Sticky Notes app. Downloading and...
  8. No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!

No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!: So I just updated to the latest Windows Update upon a prompt. (Automatically in other words.) This added the Anniversary Update as well, which changed the Start Menu somewhat. There is one problem though, it doesn't work as intended. I was under the impression that "All Apps"...
  9. Post 1607 update start menu/apps not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Post 1607 update start menu/apps not working: Pulling my hair out... I have updated several computers to the Windows 10 anniversary update and all went without a hitch until the last computer I updated. The start menu button will not work, and when trying to open windows apps like Edge and Store the app will momentarily...
  10. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...