Windows 10: POST CPU Fan Failure

Discus and support POST CPU Fan Failure in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I startup my system (cold) I get a POST error "CPU Fan Failure" and I am directed into the BIOS where I can view the status of the different fans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Johnml, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Johnml Win User

POST CPU Fan Failure

When I startup my system (cold) I get a POST error "CPU Fan Failure" and I am directed into the BIOS where I can view the status of the different fans on my motherboard. Sure enough the CPU fan hasn't started. With some patience I have discovered that after about 5 minutes the fan begins and all is well. So now everyday when I start up I still get the error and boot to BIOS but I just ENTER, ENTER out and window starts up and all is well knowing the fan will eventually start. I have never had a problem with overheating and I have watched the temperature as I wait for the fan to start. I have tried rebooting after the system has warmed up and I boot right into Windows with no interruption.

My question is: Is this a problem with my CPU cooler fan or is it a motherboard problem or something else? I would like to get it fixed. My system is as follows:
    Asus P8Z77-M Pro motherboard
    Intel i5-2400 3.10 GHz
    Zalman CNPS 8900 110mm fan
    Windows 10 pro (up to date)

Thanks
    John

:)

Johnml, Jan 24, 2017

2. Win 10 fails to boot after power failure,

After a recent power failure, windows 10 failed to boot and asked me to choose Keyboard language, but the KB and mouse stopped working. Also sometimes while attempting to boot an error message comes up stating the CPU fan is dead, but it is not!

MalcolmCal1963, Jan 24, 2017
  3. Fan runs constantly

Hi,

The fan in the laptop is constantly running to cool down the cpu and it is normal for it to increase it's speed, your fan should run quietly even it increases the rpm. But if you hear a loud noise in the fan, there may the issue with CPU utilization which
    increases the temperature in the system.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 24, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

POST CPU Fan Failure

Checking out that cooler.....it has some pretty bad reviews. That said, check your BIOS for something called low power state for the cpu fan. Wording will be different for different brand mobo's. When you find it, set it to auto.

Plankton, Jan 24, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    Let me check my sons PC as it has a Asus mobo in it.

Plankton, Jan 24, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    Simple, buy a new fan, they don't last forever. You can oil it but that maybe only a temporary fix. It must be about 5 years old.

Helmut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

POST CPU Fan Failure

1. POST CPU Fan Failure - Similar Threads - POST CPU Fan

2. "CPU fan failure: Press F-1" Now, what?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "CPU fan failure: Press F-1" Now, what?: Greetings, fellow users, and Happy Thanksgiving! I am facing several issues with my machine Dell Inspiron 3847 so you may discover other questions at this site focusing on a specific issue; it's basically on life support so I am desperately looking to keep it "alive" until I...
  3. "CPU fan failure: Press F-1" Now, what?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "CPU fan failure: Press F-1" Now, what?: Greetings, fellow users, and Happy Thanksgiving! I am facing several issues with my machine Dell Inspiron 3847 so you may discover other questions at this site focusing on a specific issue; it's basically on life support so I am desperately looking to keep it "alive" until I...
  4. "CPU fan failure: Press F-1" Now, what?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Fan Error / 2000rpm fan: Hey all! So I was having issues with my cooler and replaced it recently with the 212 RGB Black edition. Naturally I put the cpu fan connecter on the heatsink to the cpu fan header and I put the previous back exhaust fan that was connected to the radiator next to it, which was...
  6. cpu fan running

in Windows 10 Customization
    cpu fan running: CPU fan going up and down seconds after startup. Computer is new. Goes up and down all day. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-fan-running/1000fe4a-b302-4583-ba76-bdd0e386d239
  7. Cpu fan problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cpu fan problem?: Hello. So today I checked my PC temps from aida64 and saw something strange. CPU temp was jumping to 2000, 1800 then 1000rpm and then didn't show at all. Ofc I checked my CPU fan right away but it was working normal. Then I checked maybe it's something with bios and same...
  8. CPU fan issues

CPU fan issues: Hey everyone, Been digging around for a few days and haven't been able to find an answer myself so I figured I try here. My CPU (i7-6700k) has been running hot (90'C+). The other day I noticed the fan wasn't even spinning while that hot and even when hitting 100'C. Also...
  9. cpu fan

cpu fan: will the cpu fan run without the o/s installed-----putting together a new system and testing individual pieces 66923
  10. CPU Fan Not Working?

CPU Fan Not Working?: If the pc is on and CPU fan is stopped running than what will happen? 55677