Windows 10: Post Failed Update-Now laptop is running very slow

Discus and support Post Failed Update-Now laptop is running very slow in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community,I have been having some issues with my work laptop for the last few days. This past week I came into my office and saw an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JummaGanatra, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Post Failed Update-Now laptop is running very slow

Hello Microsoft Community,I have been having some issues with my work laptop for the last few days. This past week I came into my office and saw an update was going on and this was on Friday morning. The update was stuck at 94% for the longest of time. I looked up the issue with the Microsoft community and was told to essentially restart the computer in safe mode and follow some command prompts to get rid of the update. After waiting a while longer to check if the update was actually progressing I saw it was and even got to 99%. Then I was hit with the prompt of "We couldn’t complete the

:)

JummaGanatra, Aug 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptop is running very slow

Hi Thomas,

What all troubleshooting steps have you performed?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would request you to execute the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if there is any improvement in the speed of laptop.

To perform common maintenance tasks in Windows, such as cleaning up unused files and shortcuts, try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. For example, the System Maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files
    and shortcuts that you can clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

• Click on System Maintenance option.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Please revert if you face any issues with slow speed of laptop.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Aug 9, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

Post Failed Update-Now laptop is running very slow

windows 10 downloading & installing very slow & often fails

Hi Tom,

There may be underlying factors on the laptop which cause the speed to not be as fast as it should. To have a better idea of why this happens, please answer these questions:

• Was it this way since getting the device?
    • Is the connection slow when browsing the web?
    • Did this start after installing programs or updates?
    • What error message do you get when the updates fail?

Let's see if the issue is related to the drivers on the laptop by running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and allow the troubleshooter to run.

You can also try the troubleshooter on this
    page
    to diagnose and fix errors with Windows Update.

Let us know if the suggestions help you in resolving the problem.

Come back if you need more help.

Ruz San, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

Post Failed Update-Now laptop is running very slow

1. Post Failed Update-Now laptop is running very slow - Similar Threads - Post Failed Update

2. Windows updates running very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates running very slow: On a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, I am applying Windows Updates. Running for the last three hours, finished only 77%. Resource monitor show CPU usage only 17%, memory usage less than 60%, C drive data transfer less than 2 MB/s SSD can do 400 MB/s, network usage almost...
  3. Windows updates running very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates running very slow: On a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, I am applying Windows Updates. Running for the last three hours, finished only 77%. Resource monitor show CPU usage only 17%, memory usage less than 60%, C drive data transfer less than 2 MB/s SSD can do 400 MB/s, network usage almost...
  4. Windows updates running very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Diagnostics Test run, now the Laptop wifi is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Diagnostics Test run, now the Laptop wifi is very slow: Hello, so to quickly explain. I had decided to run a windows diagnostics test to ensure my laptop is running smoothly. Essentially I was getting some streaming issues on discord but nothing major.However, upon completion suddenly the laptop seems unable to connect to the...
  6. Windows 10 Diagnostics Test run, now the Laptop wifi is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Diagnostics Test run, now the Laptop wifi is very slow: Hello, so to quickly explain. I had decided to run a windows diagnostics test to ensure my laptop is running smoothly. Essentially I was getting some streaming issues on discord but nothing major.However, upon completion suddenly the laptop seems unable to connect to the...
  7. Windows 10 Diagnostics Test run, now the Laptop wifi is very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Computer got a BSOD and is now running very slow

Computer got a BSOD and is now running very slow: My computer recently got a BSOD, after i reinstalled windows my computer started running very slow and i don’t know why, is there any way i could fix it?...
  9. Laptop is running very slow

Laptop is running very slow: my windows 10 is running very slow. it taking 3-4 minutes to start. 10 seconds to open any window. the windows update of version 2004 is failing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-running-very-slow/2c08d0bb-8031-46f2-a8ea-f2580aa13187
  10. Windows 10 Laptop running very slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Laptop running very slow: hi this is marnirao I was purchased new laptop, that configuration are as follows:- Lenovo Ideapad 330 Windows 10 home Single Language Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 - 7130U CPU @ 2.70 GHz 4 GB RAM 1 TB Hard Disk From the fist day onwards I am trying to use better. But...