Windows 10: Post login black screen after windows 10 update

Discus and support Post login black screen after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night I set my lenovo y50 to update to windows 10 after I went to sleep. Now that I'm awake i get the windows 8 lockscreen but after I enter my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thedrparzival, Aug 6, 2015.

1. thedrparzival Win User

Post login black screen after windows 10 update

Last night I set my lenovo y50 to update to windows 10 after I went to sleep. Now that I'm awake i get the windows 8 lockscreen but after I enter my pin I get a black screen with a cursor. I can open taskmanager, and I have gotten several error messages regarding ismagent.exe and sethc.exe. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong/how to fix it?

:)

thedrparzival, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Vidyashree_C Win User

Black screen after login - post KB3156421 update

Hi Marie,

As you are facing issue with Windows mail app, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• What type of folder are you referring to? Is it network folder or normal windows explorer folder?

• What is the location of the folder?

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to fix the issue.

Method1: Reference: Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Method2: System restore:

• Insert the installation USB drive and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select
      ‘System Restore’
    System Restore Disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.

If you are currently in the black screen with the pointer, you don't need to reinstall the OS, because the keyboard inputs work. If you have a local account with auto logon on, you can

• Run cmd by pressing Windows key + R, type
      cmd, and press enter.

• Wait a couple of second and run the command shutdown –r

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Aug 6, 2015
  3. MarieLECH Win User
    Black screen after login - post KB3156421 update

Hello,

Update KB3156421 was automatically installed on my PC this morning and since then, I've been unable to use my machine.

I am using an Acer Revo One mini PC (less than 6 months old), connected to a Viewsonic display through HDMI.

I am able to login after starting my computer, and I get a black screen with my mouse. I can use programs through the task manager, all files seem to be there, I can access the Internet, but the screen is black, and starting explorer.exe will not work (although
    I can open an explorer window and browse my files).

I have tried graphic card driver uninstall/update, various reboots, safe mode, uninstalling the update. No success.

MarieLECH, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Post login black screen after windows 10 update

1. Post login black screen after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Post login black

2. Windows 10 black screen after POST

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen after POST: My computer has been built for a while now. It has always seemed to struggle to boot - it has to "boot" twice each time. Sometimes it black screens after POST, but after restarting it boots normally. But now when I turn it on, it stays in the black screen after POST and...
  3. windows 10 update 1709 black screen with mouse after login

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 update 1709 black screen with mouse after login: hp pavillion laptop updated to the latest build 1709 resulted in the screen being black with mouse after login. I have returned to previous build, updated the graphics driver (although the intel graphics driver is still from 2015) and am now in the process of reinstalling...
  4. Windows black screen at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows black screen at login screen: If you can log in via safe mode one of the solutions is to turn off use sign-in info to auto finish setting up device after update or restart in Windows 10.For Windows 10 (Version 1709), select the Start button, select Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, then make sure Use...
  5. Black screen after login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after login: Hey! I have had windows 10 for a while now, but ever since release I have a pretty huge issue. After having it installed for a while (week or two) it gives me some weird windows notification (Didn't screenshot it fast enough, but is is very long with weird symbols) and after...
  6. Black screen after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after login: Hi there everybody! I've been using this forum for quite a while now but I registered because I couldn't find a fix for my problem. After I log onto windows I get a black screen for a good 5-10 mintues. I can open up Task Manager with CTRL + ALT + DELETE but can't do anything...
  7. Windows 10 Black screen after login with cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black screen after login with cursor: I'm not too sure what to do. I can get into task manager but using explorer.exe doesn't do anything. Anyone know how to fix this? 11247
  8. Window 10 black screen without cursor after login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 black screen without cursor after login: So i tried updating my computer from windows 8 to 10 and last night and it froze at 75% and configuration settings 1%, i let it sit there all night but it still was at 75%. I had read that people where having the same problem and that itll revert to windows 8.1 after you...
  9. Black screen no login after screen saver

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no login after screen saver: Hi Just been away from my computer and came back and tapped the keyboard to get a PIN login but all I got was a black screen with moving mouse cursor so had to do a hard reset. Running creators update 15063.332. Any ideas? 86476
  10. Windows 10 black screen at login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen at login: I have just installed windows 10 on my MacPro 5,1 without bootcamp and installed Bootcamp drivers via WindowSupport. I have had this issue since ive installed the OS. I believe it has something to do with the the drivers given by nVidia as when i boot into windows using safe...