Post login black screen after windows 10 update

Discus and support Post login black screen after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Last night I set my lenovo y50 to update to windows 10 after I went to sleep. Now that I'm awake i get the windows 8 lockscreen but after I enter my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thedrparzival, Aug 6, 2015.

1. thedrparzival Win User

Last night I set my lenovo y50 to update to windows 10 after I went to sleep. Now that I'm awake i get the windows 8 lockscreen but after I enter my pin I get a black screen with a cursor. I can open taskmanager, and I have gotten several error messages regarding ismagent.exe and sethc.exe. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong/how to fix it?

:)

thedrparzival, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Vidyashree_C Win User

Black screen after login - post KB3156421 update

Hi Marie,

As you are facing issue with Windows mail app, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• What type of folder are you referring to? Is it network folder or normal windows explorer folder?

• What is the location of the folder?

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to fix the issue.

Method1: Reference: Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Method2: System restore:

• Insert the installation USB drive and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select
      ‘System Restore’
    System Restore Disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.

If you are currently in the black screen with the pointer, you don't need to reinstall the OS, because the keyboard inputs work. If you have a local account with auto logon on, you can

• Run cmd by pressing Windows key + R, type
      cmd, and press enter.

• Wait a couple of second and run the command shutdown –r

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Aug 6, 2015
  3. MarieLECH Win User
    Black screen after login - post KB3156421 update

Hello,

Update KB3156421 was automatically installed on my PC this morning and since then, I've been unable to use my machine.

I am using an Acer Revo One mini PC (less than 6 months old), connected to a Viewsonic display through HDMI.

I am able to login after starting my computer, and I get a black screen with my mouse. I can use programs through the task manager, all files seem to be there, I can access the Internet, but the screen is black, and starting explorer.exe will not work (although
    I can open an explorer window and browse my files).

I have tried graphic card driver uninstall/update, various reboots, safe mode, uninstalling the update. No success.

MarieLECH, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Post login black screen after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Post login black

1. Ntlite - Help with post set-up commands to change power settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Ntlite - Help with post set-up commands to change power settings: I have already tried the ntlite forums but haven't had much help so I thought I would try here to see if I could get some help getting these 4 commands to work in the post set-up page. powercfg -setacvalueindex 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e...
  2. Win 10 & Mouse (2nd posting)

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 & Mouse (2nd posting): My original post was marked solved in error. It concerned how to program the extra buttons provided on my Microsoft 5000 mouse. TC had been helping me. At first I was given a link to the mouse manual. It turns out that that manual was for a "Bluetooth notebook mouse". I have...
  3. Post Spring Update- delay in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Post Spring Update- delay in Windows Explorer: I'm checking to see if these are known issues. Since installing the 1803 update my File Manager (er- Windows Explorer) has an approx. 2-3 second delay opening up. Doesn't sound like much, but it is so different from before that I was opening 2 or 3 windows before realizing...
  4. I Posted this twice but I cannot find it and nobody has Responded

in Windows 10 Support
    I Posted this twice but I cannot find it and nobody has Responded: I Beliieve I have some problem I think it could be a Solved by Brink However I have Posted this Twice and I dont know what else I can Do any Help Please Regards 109828
  5. Stop DCOM Error from Posting

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop DCOM Error from Posting: Is there a way to stop error 10016 from posting in the event viewer. There is one generated every time I start chrome and changing permissions does not fix this problem so I would like to stop it from posting. I tried change schannel logging from 1 to 0 but the error still...
  6. Win 10 x64 1703 Build 15063.332 with 90+ second boot from post 2 login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 x64 1703 Build 15063.332 with 90+ second boot from post 2 login: Hello everyone. I only just signed up to the forums here, but have used them many times in the past to find answers and suggestions, I have read through many for answers to my latest Windows issue, but 98% of what I found for the slow boot problem is either related to a blank...
  7. Post-upgrade, post-login - cannot do anything, mouse constantly busy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Post-upgrade, post-login - cannot do anything, mouse constantly busy: Hello, I just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro x64 overnight on a home-built PC (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, AMD HD 7970 GPU, 4GB RAM, Intel board). After logging into Windows 10 for the first time, I have what appears to be an intact desktop, but my mouse cursor displays the...