Post login black screen after windows 10 update

Discus and support Post login black screen after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night I set my lenovo y50 to update to windows 10 after I went to sleep. Now that I'm awake i get the windows 8 lockscreen but after I enter my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thedrparzival, Aug 6, 2015.

1. thedrparzival Win User

Last night I set my lenovo y50 to update to windows 10 after I went to sleep. Now that I'm awake i get the windows 8 lockscreen but after I enter my pin I get a black screen with a cursor. I can open taskmanager, and I have gotten several error messages regarding ismagent.exe and sethc.exe. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong/how to fix it?

:)

thedrparzival, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Vidyashree_C Win User

Black screen after login - post KB3156421 update

Hi Marie,

As you are facing issue with Windows mail app, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• What type of folder are you referring to? Is it network folder or normal windows explorer folder?

• What is the location of the folder?

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to fix the issue.

Method1: Reference: Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Method2: System restore:

• Insert the installation USB drive and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select
      ‘System Restore’
    System Restore Disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.

If you are currently in the black screen with the pointer, you don't need to reinstall the OS, because the keyboard inputs work. If you have a local account with auto logon on, you can

• Run cmd by pressing Windows key + R, type
      cmd, and press enter.

• Wait a couple of second and run the command shutdown –r

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Aug 6, 2015
  3. MarieLECH Win User
    Black screen after login - post KB3156421 update

Hello,

Update KB3156421 was automatically installed on my PC this morning and since then, I've been unable to use my machine.

I am using an Acer Revo One mini PC (less than 6 months old), connected to a Viewsonic display through HDMI.

I am able to login after starting my computer, and I get a black screen with my mouse. I can use programs through the task manager, all files seem to be there, I can access the Internet, but the screen is black, and starting explorer.exe will not work (although
    I can open an explorer window and browse my files).

I have tried graphic card driver uninstall/update, various reboots, safe mode, uninstalling the update. No success.

MarieLECH, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Post login black screen after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Post login black

2. Wifi, bluetooth and other software failing after W10 updating

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi, bluetooth and other software failing after W10 updating: Since last June, wireless devices are turned off, several days the speakers also, and DVD works bad. I've attempted many solutions but there is no success: DISM (no fails detected), updating Win drivers, updating Dell drivers -all of them are ok- but problem persists....
  3. windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10: I was updating Windows 10 it restarted then did some more then restarted again and now says unable to get back to Windows no restore point was made can't repair problem - turn computer off and throw away....
  4. Windows 10 wallpaper Slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 wallpaper Slideshow not working: After the last Windows update, desktop slideshow is not working. I tried even after a clean installation of Win 10 Pro 64bit. If the time is set to 1 min, then the wallpapers are changing. However, if it is 10 min, then after one change of wallpaper, it is not moving to the...
  5. Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard: Hi, My laptop is displaying the Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon, but when I open the dashboard, I cannot find anything to resolve. I also have Avast installed. Best...
  6. Windows features wouldn't show on windows 10, appears blank!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows features wouldn't show on windows 10, appears blank!: I installed windows 10 on my pc, I am trying to enable my .net framework and I understand that the way to go about this is through windows features, however my windows features box appears blank, I can't find the checkbox with all the options, I have followed the steps listed...
  7. Windows 10 since 1803 cant ping (most of the time) by ipv6 or rdp?

Windows 10 since 1803 cant ping (most of the time) by ipv6 or rdp?: I have a problem with my desktop since i ran the update to 1803..If i do a ping machinename (in this case a 2016 server).. it will say cannot find host name.. if i keep hammering it, eventually one ping might go through.Same deal with RDP. My network consists of a netgear...
  8. Windows 10 Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Screen Flickering: My screen flickers on and off when I am doing random things, it wasn't like this before. How can I fix this issue? I am on windows 10 laptop and also docking station. 116304
  9. Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?

Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?: Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access? Is there other software to do this? Is 10-Pro required on both computers, if I have to get 10-Pro?...
  10. I am unable to sign in to windows. .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to sign in to windows. .: I am unable to sign in. This occurred after the Hello option appeared on the sign in screen. Now if you touch any key the computer shuts down....