Windows 10: Post login black screen after windows 10 update

Discus and support Post login black screen after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night I set my lenovo y50 to update to windows 10 after I went to sleep. Now that I'm awake i get the windows 8 lockscreen but after I enter my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thedrparzival, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Post login black screen after windows 10 update

Last night I set my lenovo y50 to update to windows 10 after I went to sleep. Now that I'm awake i get the windows 8 lockscreen but after I enter my pin I get a black screen with a cursor. I can open taskmanager, and I have gotten several error messages regarding ismagent.exe and sethc.exe. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong/how to fix it?

:)

thedrparzival, Aug 6, 2015

2. Black screen after login - post KB3156421 update

Hi Marie,

As you are facing issue with Windows mail app, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• What type of folder are you referring to? Is it network folder or normal windows explorer folder?

• What is the location of the folder?

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to fix the issue.

Method1: Reference: Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Method2: System restore:

• Insert the installation USB drive and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select
      ‘System Restore’
    System Restore Disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.

If you are currently in the black screen with the pointer, you don't need to reinstall the OS, because the keyboard inputs work. If you have a local account with auto logon on, you can

• Run cmd by pressing Windows key + R, type
      cmd, and press enter.

• Wait a couple of second and run the command shutdown –r

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Aug 6, 2015
  3. MarieLECH Win User
    Black screen after login - post KB3156421 update

Hello,

Update KB3156421 was automatically installed on my PC this morning and since then, I've been unable to use my machine.

I am using an Acer Revo One mini PC (less than 6 months old), connected to a Viewsonic display through HDMI.

I am able to login after starting my computer, and I get a black screen with my mouse. I can use programs through the task manager, all files seem to be there, I can access the Internet, but the screen is black, and starting explorer.exe will not work (although
    I can open an explorer window and browse my files).

I have tried graphic card driver uninstall/update, various reboots, safe mode, uninstalling the update. No success.

MarieLECH, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Post login black screen after windows 10 update

1. Post login black screen after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Post login black

2. Black screen after sign in page post update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sign in page post update: Hi, so my laptop runs windows 10. I sae there was an update for windows 10 and also an option to update to windows 11, i ignored both. I went to put my laptop into sleep mode because i was going out and saw it was updating before going into sleep mode. Im unsure if it was the...
  3. Black screen after sign in page post update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sign in page post update: Hi, so my laptop runs windows 10. I sae there was an update for windows 10 and also an option to update to windows 11, i ignored both. I went to put my laptop into sleep mode because i was going out and saw it was updating before going into sleep mode. Im unsure if it was the...
  4. Black screen after sign in page post update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 black screen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen after login: Around every other time i login i get a black screenI have 2 accounts on the machine, the other account does not do this - so I am suspecting a profile corruption, the eventlog gives an error, but it's not meaningful enough other than the session not starting. If i use task...
  6. Windows 10 black screen after login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 black screen after login: Around every other time i login i get a black screenI have 2 accounts on the machine, the other account does not do this - so I am suspecting a profile corruption, the eventlog gives an error, but it's not meaningful enough other than the session not starting. If i use task...
  7. After POST, Extended Black Screen Delay Before Windows Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After POST, Extended Black Screen Delay Before Windows Login: Hello, I'm running a new install of Windows 10 Pro, 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746). Windows is booting from NVME (WD SN850), which is setup correctly in the BIOS. At boot, the ASUS logo pops up, the Windows "circle of dots" spins for a moment, and then the screen goes dark for...
  8. Black screen after login after recent windows 10 updates

Black screen after login after recent windows 10 updates: As the question describes, I get 2-4 minutes of black screen after login, I can still see the blue screen if I do ctrl alt del but I can't see task manager if I click it, just a black screen with the mouse cursor visible. Sometimes I get prompts and I can see them, then after...
  9. Windows 10 - Post-Update Black Screen (No Boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Post-Update Black Screen (No Boot): Hello there, I've had an issue with my Windows 10 on my PC since yesterday at around 7pm EST. I came home from work, and my PC was sitting on the Desktop, as per usual, I could access my files, browse, play games, ETC, and there were no issues, but I wanted to restart my PC...
  10. Windows 10 black screen after POST

Windows 10 black screen after POST: My computer has been built for a while now. It has always seemed to struggle to boot - it has to "boot" twice each time. Sometimes it black screens after POST, but after restarting it boots normally. But now when I turn it on, it stays in the black screen after POST and...