Windows 10: Post May 20, 2019 Update, "Start" from taskbar won't open

Discus and support Post May 20, 2019 Update, "Start" from taskbar won't open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running Win 10 Version 1809, after last update initial symptoms for a day was the start menu being resized. It would not display any tiles until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cliquot Clubber, May 21, 2019.

1. Post May 20, 2019 Update, "Start" from taskbar won't open

Running Win 10 Version 1809, after last update initial symptoms for a day was the start menu being resized. It would not display any tiles until I resized the window. Now it will not open at all. The peculiar thing is, I have three profiles on this machine for specific purposes. Two are Outlook profiles, one is the Administrator's profile which is local. The profile I use most for everyday use and email is the problematic one. The other two have no "Start" menu issues. How may I restore the Start function from the taskbar Windows icon for this profile?

:)

Cliquot Clubber, May 21, 2019

2. Win10 start menu won`t open (SOLUTION)

To all people that suffer from same problems as I did:

-Win 10`s start menu won`t open after restart

-Win 10`s menu stops working after few days if your pc has been idle or just on.

-Win 10`s menu works after AC power down

-Win 10`s menu won`t work after restart unless you log out and relog through CTRL+ALT+DEL

It took me 7 hours to find cause of this problem, lots program reinstallations and browsing through internet.

Even Microsoft support didn`t provide the right answer for this problem, they just give you commands and advices to create new accounts, cleanup this, reinstall that, clean boot this, normal boot that. But what they don`t say is that all those problems are
    caused by their so called "feature" that released with their "Fall Creators Update". A feature that saves some data into the memory, so after restart it start`s to open all your chrome windows and other programs.

CAUSE:

Your windows might get some conflicts with some programms during the session, before the update if you shutdown/restart your pc, windows where just dumping all the data out of the window, after the update it started to save it to the memory (including all the
    conflicted data). THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

SOLUTION:

Go to your Search icon on the taskbar, type > Settings > Accounts > Sing-In options > Under "Privacy" uncheck/disable "Use my sing-in info to automatically setting up my device after an update or restart" > Restart

Hope it helps folks!

3DArtist

And ofcourse:

Microsoft, you`ve already forced us into updates with Win10.

Will you now please stop screwing up windows even more with your pointless system breaking features!

Stop reinventing the wheel.

3DArtist_007, May 21, 2019
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, May 21, 2019
  4. Post May 20, 2019 Update, "Start" from taskbar won't open

Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Post May 20, 2019 Update, "Start" from taskbar won't open

1. Post May 20, 2019 Update, "Start" from taskbar won't open - Similar Threads - Post May 2019

2. May 2019 Update Catastrophe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 Update Catastrophe: ANY HELP COMMENTS ??? To Whom it may Concern, I am running Windows 10: Lic #**** on a new MSI AMD MB, NVME HD, AMD RYZEN 5 CPU, w/ 8G RAM. On Oct 12 2019 your company FORCED the May 2019 to Update my computer, which corrupted the entire version of Windows 10, I was...
  3. May 2019 Update Catastrophe

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    May 2019 Update Catastrophe: ANY COMMENTS ??? To Whom it may Concern, I am running Windows 10: **** - **** – **** – **** – **** on a new MSI AMD MB, NVME HD, AMD RYZEN 5 CPU, w/ 8G RAM. On Oct 12 2019 your company FORCED the May 2019 to Update my computer, which corrupted the entire version of...
  4. How to get back the colored Taskbar and Start Menu after May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get back the colored Taskbar and Start Menu after May 2019 Update: In Version 1903 they changed the default Light color mode to light grey, but this color can be changed by going into Settings > Personalization > Colors and changing the top dropdown menu labeled "Color" to Custom mode. Below that you must then change the Default Windows...
  5. Windows 10 taskbar and start menu not working after May 2019 update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar and start menu not working after May 2019 update 1903: Tried a few of the suggested fixes found on this site and elsewhere but nothing has worked. I don't have dev profile activated, yes I have firewall running, no I haven't installed any other software other than the update to make this happen.... This is a bone stock W10...
  6. May 2019 Feature Update

May 2019 Feature Update: Hello, What does this update consist of? im curious and want to know. Tyla T. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-feature-update/73c356b1-811b-42b7-a750-25c5362ff801
  7. Windows update MAY 2019

Windows update MAY 2019: Hello , I want to know that when 1903 update will be released for India and what will the size of the update. Thanks in advance.........
  8. May 2019 update

May 2019 update: Hello. I was wondering when the 1903 of windows will be released? How many weeks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-update/e1ff5233-7c1c-4c7f-8fe3-cd9d0089c39c
  9. Start menu won't open from taskbar on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu won't open from taskbar on the desktop: I upgraded to Windows 10 last night and have had nothing but problems. The biggest one is the fact that I cannot open the start menu, I had worked around it by right clicking it and then selecting what I needed from there. However now that doesn't even work. Any help...
  10. File Explorer won't open from Taskbar or Start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer won't open from Taskbar or Start menu.: File Explorer won't open from Taskbar or Start menu and right click on files and folders (In file explorer and on desktop) is not working and causes explorer.exe to freeze. File explorer does open from desktop folder and shortcuts as well as "open file location" in task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my safari does not open since the last update 2019

2. recore wont start in windows 10 may 2019

3. Windows will not start after May 2019 update

4. taskbar icons not appearing on second monitor,
  5. win 10 cannot open start