Windows 10: Post MS update fingerprint scanner sign-in gone?

Discus and support Post MS update fingerprint scanner sign-in gone? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows Version: 2004 5/30/2020 Build 19041.329 Sometime within the past several days I noticed a lot of Windows settings no longer present. I figured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by markg2, Jun 17, 2020.

1. markg2 Win User

Post MS update fingerprint scanner sign-in gone?

Windows Version: 2004 5/30/2020 Build 19041.329

Sometime within the past several days I noticed a lot of Windows settings no longer present. I figured it was just the usual, minor side-effects of an OS update.

But not the fingerprint reader that's worked just fine on the Lenovo P50 for years.

Settings/Sign-in options says 'Windows Hello Fingerprint - This option is currently unavailable. We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with...'

Before I reinstall the Lenovo reader I thought I'd check to see if that's that.

Mark

:)

markg2, Jun 17, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Hi, I just found Hello had stopped recognising mine. I went to Device Manager, and checked for an update for it. To my surprise, it found one, and once installed, all was well.

More:
    if you search for
    Lenovo P50 fingerprint "windows 10"

you will find a number of older reports of various issues. Would be worth you reviewing those.

ThinkPad P50 Fingerprint Readers not working in Windows 1803-English Community

Post MS update fingerprint scanner sign-in gone? [​IMG]

Your PC seems to be from around 2016- is that right?

Some older Lenovo's f.readers no longer had a compatible driver once upgraded.

General video:

dalchina, Jun 19, 2020
  3. markg2 Win User

Windows Version: 2004 5/30/2020 Build 19041.329

Sometime within the past several days I noticed a lot of Windows settings no longer present. I figured it was just the usual, minor side-effects of an OS update.

But not the fingerprint reader that's worked just fine on the Lenovo P50 for years.

Settings/Sign-in options says 'Windows Hello Fingerprint - This option is currently unavailable. We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with...'

Before I reinstall the Lenovo reader I thought I'd check to see if that's that.

Mark

markg2, Jun 19, 2020
  4. EdTittel Win User

FWIW, the only time I've had driver problems on any of my recent-vintage Lenovos (2018 or newer) has been with the Synaptics Fingerprint reader. It would consistently appear with the uh-oh! exclamation point in DevMgr. But a right-click on the device, then Update driver, Browse my computer for drivers would bring up the right driver every time. All I had to do was select it from "Let me pick form a list of available drivers on my computer" (it was the lone entry that appeared) and it came back up, every time.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Post MS update fingerprint scanner sign-in gone? - Similar Threads - Post update fingerprint

2. Fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner: My fingerprint scanner only works if I shut down the pc, If I sign out it doesnt work even if I sleep it it wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner/e14f6d09-4626-42f4-a22b-5717a7f6c540
  3. Fingerprint scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner: Yesterday I had my fingerprint sensor replaced and then after installing drivers it showed the sensor in device managerbut after I restarted the laptop, its gone I did everything and still cant use it.Windows keep saying that it cant find a compatible scanner...
  4. Using Fingerprint scanner with timed required sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Fingerprint scanner with timed required sign in: Is there any way to enable the finger print scanner with required sign in time being 15min?I've attached a picture to better explain: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-fingerprint-scanner-with-timed-required-sign/64f38f49-df88-4485-9272-fe0b6ca1d14c
  5. Using Fingerprint scanner with timed required sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Fingerprint scanner with timed required sign in: Is there any way to enable the finger print scanner with required sign in time being 15min?I've attached a picture to better explain: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-fingerprint-scanner-with-timed-required-sign/64f38f49-df88-4485-9272-fe0b6ca1d14c
  6. Fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fingerprint scanner: Hi, I'm trying to set up the fingerprint scanner to log in. It says I need to enter a PIN, but when I try to set up / reset a PIN it says this option is not available at the moment. The fingerprint scanner was working fine until last week. Thank you!...
  7. Fingerprint scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner: My fingerprint scanner stopped working a while back. I believe it is a Goodix scanner. the driver was up to date, but the computer showed that the "DEVICE" was not present on the computer VOSTRO 5402 Service Tag: C04NB63.I couldn't find any information on how to add the...
  8. Need guidance for MS Hello fingerprint scanner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need guidance for MS Hello fingerprint scanner: I bought my HP Pavilion laptop with Win 10 in December and have kept all the drivers up to date. I've read the support on how to reset my fingerprint. What I'm not understanding is that it seems to work and not work randomly. I did discard and start over once already which...
  9. fingerprint scanner

fingerprint scanner: whenj i try to change my sign inj options to windows hello fingerprint scanner,"we could not fint a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello finger print. im using windows 10 enjterprise. when i used vista i had no problems.how can i resolve this issue? than\x...
  10. Fingerprint Scanner

Fingerprint Scanner: My fingerprint scanner just recently stopped working and I have no idea why. I have used it for about a year now, but just recently it started saying that something went wrong each and every time that I try to use it to log in or to add a new fingerprint. I am using windows...