Windows 10: post no 998 about the taskbar button icons being too small

Discus and support post no 998 about the taskbar button icons being too small in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Did anyone found a way to make the taskbar icons larger? I looked through 10 pages of posts on the topic, hoping that a solution was found, but found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Feb 24, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

post no 998 about the taskbar button icons being too small

Did anyone found a way to make the taskbar icons larger? I looked through 10 pages of posts on the topic, hoping that a solution was found, but found none. On my 15.6" laptop the taskbar icons are truly tiny. I am referring to both the icons in the system tray and my apps which use the Quick launch style folder containing the shortcuts, numbered in the order I want them loaded.I can upsize any icon, (the British flag icon is three times the size of the original), but it has no effect. Also, a Windows shortcut accepts only .ico files, — no .jpg .png nor .svg.and the space allotted to icons is square,

post no 998 about the taskbar button icons being too small [​IMG]

post no 998 about the taskbar button icons being too small [​IMG]

:)

ineuw, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

post no 998 about the taskbar button icons being too small e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Feb 24, 2020
  3. W10 taskbar icons too small

I would agree that the Windows 10 taskbar buttons/icons are too small, much smaller than Win 7 or 8. The response below suggests going into the taskbar Properties and unchecking 'use small taskbar buttons', but I have had this unchecked the whole time,
    and the taskbar buttons are still too small, annoyingly so.

RobbiePeele, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. post no 998 about the taskbar button icons being too small - Similar Threads - post 998 taskbar

2. Taskbar too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar too small: My task bar is very small, barely visible. It has been like this for months. How do I make it bigger? I already turned Small Icons on task bar off, if it was on, it would be even smaller....
  3. Taskbar too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar too small: My task bar is very small, barely visible. It has been like this for months. How do I make it bigger? I already turned Small Icons on task bar off, if it was on, it would be even smaller....
  4. Taskbar too small

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Icons get weird when "use small taskbar buttons" is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons get weird when "use small taskbar buttons" is on: Whenever i activate the "use small taskbar buttons" option some of the icons get weird, any idea of why this happens?Already tried restarting the taskbar, don't know what else to do.with option off:with option on:...
  6. Icons get weird when "use small taskbar buttons" is on

Icons get weird when "use small taskbar buttons" is on: Whenever i activate the "use small taskbar buttons" option some of the icons get weird, any idea of why this happens?Already tried restarting the taskbar, don't know what else to do.with option off:with option on:...
  7. Taskbar icons too small

Taskbar icons too small: Hi !! I recently had to change my laptop size to 100% because the software I'm using for work can't support my screen scaling, I have the 1920 x 1080 resolution because it's the clearest, but the issue here is my taskbar apps are tiny. I want to know if there's a solution to...
  8. Icon Images too small

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon Images too small: [ATTACH] My icons recently became much too small. I am at 125% zoom but before they scaled correctly. Its only system things too (only happening to spotify, nahmic, xbox, etc.) Sorry if this is a common issue....
  9. Secondary taskbar buttons are small

Secondary taskbar buttons are small: Hi everyone, I've recently tried with a secondary taskbar but on the secondary taskbar the buttons are small. I've looked a bit through settings but cannot find anything to change it. There is a setting to change between large and small buttons on primary taskbar ie the large...
  10. Quick Launch taskbar: small is too small, large is too large

Quick Launch taskbar: small is too small, large is too large: I am quite reluctantly forced to move down to the unfriendly UI of Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have enabled the Quick Launch toolbar, and have added the shortcuts I normally use there. The trouble is, the size of the icons is not consistent with the rest of the taskbar....