Windows 10: Post problem reports here for Batch files for use in BSOD debugging

Discus and support Post problem reports here for Batch files for use in BSOD debugging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Use this thread to report any problems you find with any of the batch scripts in Batch files for use in BSOD debugging or if you have a suggestion.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ztruker, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Ztruker Win User

Post problem reports here for Batch files for use in BSOD debugging

Use this thread to report any problems you find with any of the batch scripts in

Batch files for use in BSOD debugging

or if you have a suggestion.

:)

Ztruker, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User

Post problem reports here for Batch files for use in BSOD debugging [​IMG]
    Information This thread is for use by the BSOD team ONLY, to store batch files that can be used to collect additional data, fix settings or anything else that is useful in debugging BSOD problems in Windows 10.

The way I see it working is the first post (this one) will be an index and each additional post will be a batch file with the instructions necessary to run it. This post will also have any instructions that will apply to all batch file.

Warning Before running any batch file, check the properties of your Command Prompt or Powershell window to make sure the vertical scroll buffer (Height) is large enough to hold the output so it can be collected and posted in your BSOD thread. To check this, do the following: 1 Right click on the Powershell (or Command Prompt) title bar and select Properties.

2 The Windows Powershell or Command Prompt properties window will open. Click on the Layout tab,
    check the Height setting. Set it to 3000 then click OK

Once you have run the batch script, if you have been asked to capture the output and post it in your BSOD thread, do the following:1 Right click on the Powershell (or Command Prompt) title bar and select Edit then click on Select All.

2 Right click on the Powershell (or Command Prompt) title bar and select Edit then click on Copy.

3 That will copy everything from the Powershell (or Command Prompt) window to the Clipboard.4 Go to your thread in the BSOD forum, start a new post and paste the information into the post. If you enclose the pasted information in [DOS][/DOS] tags the data will look like it does in a Command Prompt window. Sorry, nothing to make it look like a Powershell window.

Batch scripts for use by the TenForums BSOD team
    [table][tr][td]Tuneup.bat[/td] [td]Run SFC and DISM commands and use WMIC to change some settings[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]DiskParInfo.bat[/td] [td]Collect Boot Manager and Hard Drive information[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Ztruker, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User

Information Tuneup.bat - Runs the following commands

sfc /scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    sfc /scannow
    chkdsk /scan
    wmic recoveros get autoreboot
    wmic recoveros set autoreboot = false
    wmic recoveros get autoreboot
    wmic recoveros get DebugInfoType
    wmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 7
    wmic recoveros get DebugInfoType

• Must be run from a Elevated Command Prompt or Powershell.
    • If you forget, you will be instructed to do so.

Before running the batch file, check the properties of your Command Prompt or Powershell window to make sure the vertical scroll buffer (Height) is large enough to hold the output so it can be collected and posted in your BSOD thread. To check this, do the following:

1 Right click on the Powershell (or Command Prompt) title bar and select Properties.

2 The Windows Powershell or Command Prompt properties window will open.
    Click on the Layout tab, check the Height setting. Set it to 3000 then click OK

3 Now click on the Download button below to download the Tuneup.bat batch file to wherever you want it.
    This can be your Downloads folder or your Desktop or anywhere you like.

To run the batch file, in the Command Prompt or Powershell window, you can change to the directory you downloaded it to and run it or you can specify the full path of the batch file.

If you placed it in Downloads, enter:cd %userprofile%\downloads
    tuneup.bat

or enter %userprofile%\downloads\tuneup.bat
    If you placed it on your Desktop, enter:cd %userprofile%\desktop
    tuneup.bat

or enter %userprofile%\desktop\tuneup.bat

Download Tuneup.bat

*Arrow Return to Index

Ztruker, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

Information DiskParInfo.bat - Runs the following commands to collect Boot Manager and Hard Drive information.
    Rem for Command Prompt
    bcdedit /enum all
    Rem for Powershell
    bcdedit --% /enum all

diskpart
    list disk
    list vol
    select disk 0
    detail disk
    list partition
    select partition 1
    detail partition
    select partition 2
    detail partition
    select partition 3
    detail partition
    select disk 1
    detail disk
    list partition
    select partition 1
    detail partition
    select partition 2
    detail partition
    select partition 3
    detail partition
    select disk 2
    detail disk
    list partition
    select partition 1
    detail partition
    select partition 2
    detail partition
    select partition 3
    detail partition
    select disk 4
    detail disk
    list partition
    select partition 1
    detail partition

• The bcedit command must be run from a Elevated Command Prompt or Powershell.
    • If you forget, you will be instructed to do so.

To run the batch file, in the Command Prompt or Powershell window, you can change to the directory you downloaded it to and run it or you can specify the full path of the batch file.

If you placed it in Downloads, enter:cd %userprofile%\downloads
    diskParInfo.bat

or enter %userprofile%\downloads\tuneup.bat
    If you placed it on your Desktop, enter:cd %userprofile%\desktop
    diskParInfo.bat

or enter %userprofile%\desktop\tuneup.bat
    Download DiskParInfo.bat *Arrow Return to Index

Ztruker, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Post problem reports here for Batch files for use in BSOD debugging - Similar Threads - Post problem reports

2. Need help understanding BSOD debugging crash reports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help understanding BSOD debugging crash reports: For a couple months now, my housemate's computer has been crashing several times a day, straight to BSOD. We've been hammering at it for a while now, and I'm in deep now. Normally pretty good with such things, but this is a bit further in the weeds than I've gotten before.Not...
  3. Need help understanding BSOD debugging crash reports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help understanding BSOD debugging crash reports: For a couple months now, my housemate's computer has been crashing several times a day, straight to BSOD. We've been hammering at it for a while now, and I'm in deep now. Normally pretty good with such things, but this is a bit further in the weeds than I've gotten before.Not...
  4. Debug report about RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug report about RAM: Can you help me fix this blue screen error it keeps on happening randomly.******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  5. Debug report about RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Debug report about RAM: Can you help me fix this blue screen error it keeps on happening randomly.******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  6. Debug report about RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how to report bug in batch file processor

how to report bug in batch file processor: How does one report a bug in the batch file processor for a DOS window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-report-bug-in-batch-file-processor/c6c7bf7c-b03d-4f4b-a559-6e9ce19eac30
  8. Debug file problem

Debug file problem: Yesterday I got a debug file and I got help by someone and he told me I had to re-download chrome or any web browser built on the Chromium Engine but today after I re-downloaded my browser I got the same debug file that said the same thing...
  9. Batch files for use in BSOD debugging

Batch files for use in BSOD debugging: [img] Warning This thread is for use by the BSOD team ONLY, to store batch files that can be used to collect additional data, fix settings or anything else that is useful in debugging BSOD problems in Windows 10. [img] Information The way I see it working is the first post...
  10. Batch File Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch File Problem: So I want to backup my saved game files after each time I play, as there is a bug after the latest patch that can delete your saves. Figured better to be safe then sorry. Now I found the following online and edited to my info... Code: @echo off cd "D:\Must Keep\Game & Other...