Windows 10: Post-Scam PC Diagnostics

Discus and support Post-Scam PC Diagnostics in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was scammed yesterday evening by scammers claiming to be Microsoft Support Team members. Most likely I lost $1000 in this deal. Now I need the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GregF_56, Sep 20, 2018.

1. GregF_56 Win User

Post-Scam PC Diagnostics

I was scammed yesterday evening by scammers claiming to be Microsoft Support Team members. Most likely I lost $1000 in this deal. Now I need the assistance of the legitimate Microsoft Technical Support Team to run diagnostics on my PC to determine the extent of viruses, malware, and so forth. Who do I call?

:)

GregF_56, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Sep 20, 2018
  3. zbook Win User

Post-Scam PC Diagnostics

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Post-Scam PC Diagnostics

1. Post-Scam PC Diagnostics - Similar Threads - Post Scam Diagnostics

2. PC not posting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not posting: pc not posting after trying to go to recovery using the after pc boots hold power button for 10 seconds and it said to do this 3 times and now my system won’t boot i’ve tried unplugging everything and still won’t post...
  3. PC not posting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not posting: pc not posting after trying to go to recovery using the after pc boots hold power button for 10 seconds and it said to do this 3 times and now my system won’t boot i’ve tried unplugging everything and still won’t post...
  4. PC not posting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Scam on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam on pc: This is a shot of my screen - I was on line with an agent and waiting for a rech rep - had to leave. I'm sure it's a scam... but may be more. What do I have to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-on-pc/6a990f16-e145-4a8d-8083-c58891891b4c
  6. Scam on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scam on pc: This is a shot of my screen - I was on line with an agent and waiting for a rech rep - had to leave. I'm sure it's a scam... but may be more. What do I have to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-on-pc/6a990f16-e145-4a8d-8083-c58891891b4c
  7. Scam on pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. scam responses to questions posted in MS Community

scam responses to questions posted in MS Community: I posted a question in this forum. I received an email response to call ****. I called and they wanted to charge me for "updating" my system--the person I spoke with claimed to be from MS. In retrospect the problem I noted couldn't have been windows related, it was a...
  9. PC scam

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC scam: My pc was hacked and an alarm went off and i was directed to call an 800 number to fix the problem. is the company PSM LLC a legit Microsoft partner or was I scammed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-scam/93423f56-6be6-4815-a3f7-2fd7ab21d021
  10. PC Care Scam

PC Care Scam: Alex Jones of PC Care called and installed SUPERAntiSpyware trial software after saying my computer including ID had been transmitting error messages to Microsoft. As a long time stock holder and lifetime MSN user, I'm disappointed that he knew details about my software and...