Windows 10: Post Spring Update- delay in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Post Spring Update- delay in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm checking to see if these are known issues. Since installing the 1803 update my File Manager (er- Windows Explorer) has an approx. 2-3 second delay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TV2, May 15, 2018.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Post Spring Update- delay in Windows Explorer

I'm checking to see if these are known issues.

Since installing the 1803 update my File Manager (er- Windows Explorer) has an approx. 2-3 second delay opening up. Doesn't sound like much, but it is so different from before that I was opening 2 or 3 windows before realizing it was coming.

Also, the same problem as with the Fall Update: Windows shuts down but the PC does not turn off.
    I disabled Fast Startup, and it seemed to solve it, but every now and then it's back.

What do we know?

:)

2. Windows Explorer not opening since the Spring update

Hi, is anyone else having this problem: since the Spring update, to build 1803, when starting windows the computer will boot to the log-in screen and accept the Microsoft Account password. Then the screen goes black and a small white, rectangular box
    appears in the top left corner, with 'Personalised Settings' at the top of the box. I have two desktop PCs and one laptop and this problem appears on one desktop PC and the laptop but not the second desktop PC. If you hit the 'enter' key sometimes the desktop
    screen will appear, other times it won't and the 'Personal Settings' box shows 'Windows Explorer not responding'. Doing a ctrl/alt/delete to bring up task manager will allow me to 'end task' for the windows explorer entry and bring up the desktop, and then
    the pc is back to normal! It's all very weird!

Derek G Sanders, May 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 spring update

what is the date of release of windows 10 spring official update

DattaMahalle, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Post Spring Update- delay in Windows Explorer

1. Post Spring Update- delay in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Post Spring Update

2. Windows Explorer Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Delay: I have an intermittent problem with Windows Explorer under Windows 11 21H2, 22000.739. When I attempt any operation it takes 1.5 minutes to complete file move, file delete, file rename. While this is happening there is no unusual disk or CPU activity, apps in other windows...
  3. Windows Explorer Delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Delay: I have an intermittent problem with Windows Explorer under Windows 11 21H2, 22000.739. When I attempt any operation it takes 1.5 minutes to complete file move, file delete, file rename. While this is happening there is no unusual disk or CPU activity, apps in other windows...
  4. spring 2021 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    spring 2021 update: creating a sytem image went from 2 minutes using a samsung t5 external drive.what iis the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/aee51f0a-b3d8-4b46-8fc6-dca1a98951f7
  5. Spring 2021 Update

Spring 2021 Update: Taking a long time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/7a2e095c-4e8e-4f4e-af64-ced37fe0f1e6
  6. Spring Update on the Horizon

Spring Update on the Horizon: Can be sure the Win10 Spring Update Version 2004 is not far off, now... As of today Fast Track Insiders have moved on to 20H2 Builds. Obviously, meaning 20H1 is done & can be expected, soon. There's a good quantity of stuff <-- very techy term that most Folks will probably...
  7. Windows 10 Spring update

Windows 10 Spring update: Hello, I have a new HP business laptop and so far I have installed Office 2016, Symantec Security Endpoint protection and have downloaded a handful of Microsoft updates but after 10 days the Spring update has not started to download or install. The computer is connected to...
  8. Windows 10 spring update 2018

Windows 10 spring update 2018: Why do people STILL put up with the arrogant attitude put forth by the Microsoft organization? On 4 occasions Windows 10 tried to update my system with the spring 2018 creators upgrade. On the 4th attempt, it bricked my computer. AND I MEAN BRICKED. I spent a full 3...
  9. spring update

spring update: is it safe to remove the spring update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spring-update/5daf5a74-9347-494c-9bf4-71a61004ba86
  10. Pinned apps, startup scripts delayed since Spring 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned apps, startup scripts delayed since Spring 2018 update: After the Spring 2018 update I found that an odd delay was happening after login. After system boot from an SSD the login screen appears as fast as it did before, after entering password the desktop and a fairly bare taskbar appear at once. but the app icons I have pinned to...