Windows 10: Post Update Freeze

Discus and support Post Update Freeze in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After Windows 10 update today, NONE of my software works- Office, SHARESCOPE, Avast antivirus. Cant open anything. Can’t copy any files- any attempt to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gillianclo, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Post Update Freeze

After Windows 10 update today, NONE of my software works- Office, SHARESCOPE, Avast antivirus. Cant open anything. Can’t copy any files- any attempt to open anything leads to the laptop freezing..I have to do a hard reboot to unfreeze. How do I solve this problem?

:)

gillianclo, Jan 16, 2019
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jan 16, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 16, 2019
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

Post Update Freeze

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Post Update Freeze

1. Post Update Freeze - Similar Threads - Post Update Freeze

2. Windows Freezes after post

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Freezes after post: My PC has been having an issue for a while now in that I cannot boot into any type of windows whatsoever. I have tried anything and everything possible, but no matter what I do it freezes as soon as it tries to load windows in any way. I have booted into Ubuntu before to wipe...
  3. Windows Freezes after post

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Freezes after post: My PC has been having an issue for a while now in that I cannot boot into any type of windows whatsoever. I have tried anything and everything possible, but no matter what I do it freezes as soon as it tries to load windows in any way. I have booted into Ubuntu before to wipe...
  4. Windows Freezes after post

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Continue of previous post on laptop freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continue of previous post on laptop freezing: I am unable to reply to my post I made so just going to link the post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-freezes-here-and-there-on-my-laptop/b1715d07-fca0-45be-ab9c-4a9fe725541f I am sill facing those freezes as I've followed what greg the only reply...
  6. Continue of previous post on laptop freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continue of previous post on laptop freezing: I am unable to reply to my post I made so just going to link the post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-freezes-here-and-there-on-my-laptop/b1715d07-fca0-45be-ab9c-4a9fe725541f I am sill facing those freezes as I've followed what greg the only reply...
  7. Continue of previous post on laptop freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Update 20H2 - Post update freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 20H2 - Post update freezes: Running a Lenovo Desktop PC with Windows 10 which auto updated with feature update 20H2 and now subsequent cumulative updates 03-2021 & 05-2021. I now have multiple system freezes lasting 1 - 3 mins each time where no user input possible. I tried uninstalling update to...
  9. Post-Update Makes Chrome Freeze on Media Websites

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Post-Update Makes Chrome Freeze on Media Websites: Hello. My computer has recently encountered some form of issue where Google Chrome will freeze-- without an error message, like the program is still running correctly-- when I am on a media site like Facebook or Twitter for longer than a few seconds. Any attempt to close the...
  10. Computer freezes on post

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes on post: It sometimes (not always) happens when I need to change a UEFI setting. When it's happening the screen turns black and the computer tries to reboot. Note that the computer does not crash to the point of a memory dump. When this happens I have to keep trying to reboot and...