Windows 10: Post Update Freeze

Discus and support Post Update Freeze in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After Windows 10 update today, NONE of my software works- Office, SHARESCOPE, Avast antivirus. Cant open anything. Can’t copy any files- any attempt to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gillianclo, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Post Update Freeze

After Windows 10 update today, NONE of my software works- Office, SHARESCOPE, Avast antivirus. Cant open anything. Can’t copy any files- any attempt to open anything leads to the laptop freezing..I have to do a hard reboot to unfreeze. How do I solve this problem?

:)

gillianclo, Jan 16, 2019
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jan 16, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 16, 2019
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

Post Update Freeze

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Post Update Freeze

1. Post Update Freeze - Similar Threads - Post Update Freeze

2. New Build Windows 10 freezing post latest updates July 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Build Windows 10 freezing post latest updates July 2020: After recent patches 7/15-7/16 were installed: KB4565627 Can remove this, but didn't solve the issue KB4565503 Can't remove this KB4566785 Can't remove this My PC is freezing intermittently, it has only happened 4 times so far and every time it happens i can see when...
  3. PC will not POST following an update !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not POST following an update !: My wife was using her Lenovo PC and had finished what she was doing and started to shutdown. The computer responded with Sleep? Update and Shutdown? or Update and Restart? She selected Update and Shutdown. The next day she turned the computer on and nothing happened. To...
  4. post

post: How do I find what I posted on this forum? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/post/b2a14555-e748-4855-a344-b94a0d59f940
  5. Post-update problems

Post-update problems: I am trying to find a solution for the problems starting with the last Windows 10 update last week. My PC is now extremely sluggish. Number of problems occurred as far as I can see: Problem 1: Each time I switch on the PC, it scans and repairs the drive D:. It takes...
  6. post update problem

post update problem: My system update automatically last night and now nothing recognizes my printer although it is 'ready". Need to fix this and disable auto updates! Suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/post-update-problem/30aab6ae-89ea-4099-ba2d-d348c4f67b6e
  7. Post Windows update problems.

Post Windows update problems.: I have a windows 10 hp laptop which had good performance in the beginning. But it is very disappointing and annoying to see new updates ready for installation because frankly speaking the only observable change post update is the reduced performance and drastically increased...
  8. Post-boot freeze at desktop; can't figure out

Post-boot freeze at desktop; can't figure out: I've been trying to install Windows 10 on an SSD; for ~2 weeks I've been occasionally getting a frozen computer just after boot at the desktop. I've had to clean install Win10 at least half a dozen times. I haven't figured out what causes it, but once it happens the cycle...
  9. Computer freezes, no BSOD. Should I post it here?

Computer freezes, no BSOD. Should I post it here?: My PC freezes pretty much every day. I have to do a hard restart; task manager does not work when it is frozen. I get no BSOD. Should I post in this thread or another? 77025
  10. Computer freezes on post

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes on post: It sometimes (not always) happens when I need to change a UEFI setting. When it's happening the screen turns black and the computer tries to reboot. Note that the computer does not crash to the point of a memory dump. When this happens I have to keep trying to reboot and...