Windows 10: Post-Update Makes Chrome Freeze on Media Websites

Discus and support Post-Update Makes Chrome Freeze on Media Websites in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. My computer has recently encountered some form of issue where Google Chrome will freeze-- without an error message, like the program is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by maggiemaenot, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Post-Update Makes Chrome Freeze on Media Websites

Hello. My computer has recently encountered some form of issue where Google Chrome will freeze-- without an error message, like the program is still running correctly-- when I am on a media site like Facebook or Twitter for longer than a few seconds. Any attempt to close the media tab also results in a freeze. It will remain frozen like this for approximately thirty seconds before the screen blinks black and I can use the program again for a few more seconds, then rinse and repeat. When I shut it down, the computer thinks that the program is still running, so I have to go into Task Manager and force-close it through the 'Details' tab just through the 'Processes' tab gives me an error message saying that force-closing it is not an option.

My computer has been fine up until its most recent update, which appears to be the Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus KB2267602 Version 1.329.3163.0 . I have tried restarting my computer multiple times, deleting and reinstalling Chrome, and deleting the most recent update Windows would allow me to, which was a security update dating back to the 13th of January. I'm not sure what else to do. A colleague of mine has also had the same issue, which makes me believe this isn't an issue with just my computer. What might I be able to do or look in to to either get rid of this issue or avoid it on Chrome?

:)

maggiemaenot, Jan 30, 2021

2. Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Last update makes my pc freeze

Hi Mecha,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Which Windows update KB number is recently installed?
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps provided.

Step 1.

Let’s try performing system restore and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      rstrui
      and hit enter.

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the System Restore.
    Now try to hide Windows Updates or driver updates from the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates

Also you can visit the below link for more information on How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated graphic driver and install the same.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you

Billion Debbarma, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Post-Update Makes Chrome Freeze on Media Websites

Google chrome not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

Just a few questions first, to get a clear picture of the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the error message displayed on the screen?

I would recommend that you uninstall Chrome and try again and make sure you are downloading Google Chrome from trusted website.

To uninstall google chrome follow the steps below:

• Press Win + X and open Control panel
    • Go to program and click program and feature.
      • Uninstall chrome

Hope this helps.

Please post back to us if you have any questions. We will be glad to provide you with the additional options.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Post-Update Makes Chrome Freeze on Media Websites

1. Post-Update Makes Chrome Freeze on Media Websites - Similar Threads - Post Update Makes

2. Windows Update 20H2 - Post update freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 20H2 - Post update freezes: Running a Lenovo Desktop PC with Windows 10 which auto updated with feature update 20H2 and now subsequent cumulative updates 03-2021 & 05-2021. I now have multiple system freezes lasting 1 - 3 mins each time where no user input possible. I tried uninstalling update to...
  3. Please make a website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please make a website: Okay now i'm here i can tell anything minecraft is a good game but why i can't join the realms and join the other server like i'm ginna join to our Private server but I can't please make a website that we players can open our setting and allow us to join realms just please...
  4. Chrome not loading websites after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome not loading websites after update: After the latest Windows update, Chrome does not load websites anymore. Whenever I try to go to a website, the only thing I see is that spinner on the the tab as if it's loading, but nothing else happens. This keeps happening after Windows updates. After a few days, Chrome...
  5. Windows 10, post update issue with Chrome browser

Windows 10, post update issue with Chrome browser: Hi, Is anyone else having this issue? I use Google Chrome and following every Windows update I find that Chrome has been hijacked by Yahoo. I have to re-install Chrome to get over the problem but that isn't really satisfactory. Does this happen to any other browsers or just...
  6. Making a post

Making a post: I am trying to follow the wiki post about the Microsoft Performance Recorder. It says to zip the result file, upload it to OneDrive and "and put a link to it your next post." I've never posted - so how do I do that?...
  7. Post Update Freeze

Post Update Freeze: After Windows 10 update today, NONE of my software works- Office, SHARESCOPE, Avast antivirus. Cant open anything. Can’t copy any files- any attempt to open anything leads to the laptop freezing..I have to do a hard reboot to unfreeze. How do I solve this problem?...
  8. google chrome are freezing after update

google chrome are freezing after update: hello guys i have a problem with mi google chrome the app every time it freeze i try uninstall and reinstall it but the issue persist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/google-chrome-are-freezing-after-update/d60f9d0d-ba4e-4eab-9046-377c41916152
  9. How to save websites in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    How to save websites in Chrome: I've recently been having a lot of issues w/MS Edge and Firefox, in fact Edge became unusable for reasons I won't go in to here. A computer tech friend swears by Chrome, so I downloaded it and clicked on the "Import from Firefox button" and there they were. It seems very...
  10. Computer freezes on post

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes on post: It sometimes (not always) happens when I need to change a UEFI setting. When it's happening the screen turns black and the computer tries to reboot. Note that the computer does not crash to the point of a memory dump. When this happens I have to keep trying to reboot and...