Windows 10: Post-update problems

Discus and support Post-update problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to find a solution for the problems starting with the last Windows 10 update last week. My PC is now extremely sluggish. Number of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RizaEmir, Feb 17, 2020.

1. RizaEmir Win User

Post-update problems

I am trying to find a solution for the problems starting with the last Windows 10 update last week. My PC is now extremely sluggish.

Number of problems occurred as far as I can see:

Problem 1: Each time I switch on the PC, it scans and repairs the drive D:. It takes ages. I was told to scan the drive D: manually to repair, but it says Windows cannot access to the drive. But Control Panel says that all drives working properly.

Problem 2: I cannot connect to internet with my provider because it says ‘WIFI doesn’t have a valid IP configuration’. At the moment I use an alternative internet connection. This problem, again, started with the upgrade.

Problem 3: Video connection with Skype does not work. It freezes. I am assuming this is connected to the upgrade as well.

Any solution?

:)

RizaEmir, Feb 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Disk Optimisation post update from Windows 7

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: I suggest you to update storage controller drivers.

• Install the latest storage controller driver.
    • Go to Device Manager > Storage Controllers, right clicked on the listed drivers and select
      Update.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 17, 2020
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Nate W.H. Win User

Post-update problems

Update problems

Hi TiffanyBowers,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand your Lumia 610 keeps getting stuck on step 6 of the update that you're trying to install. I can provide you a few steps to try in an effort to resolve the update issue.

There are a couple of different steps on a support page located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484
    that we'll want to try. I would suggest the steps for stuck in download mode, stuck at OEM splash screen, and error not listed on this page.

Before performing the suggested reset under the steps for error not listed, I would first suggest trying a soft reset. If you're able to remove the battery, leaving it out of the phone for a few minutes will soft reset the phone. Another option for performing
    a soft reset would be to hold the power and volume down buttons until the phone has restarted completely.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful to your update issue.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Post-update problems

1. Post-update problems - Similar Threads - Post update problems

2. how to post answers to a problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to post answers to a problem: how to fix my computers keeps going to lock screen to fix go to control panal, click on Personalization. bottom right hand corner click on screen saver, click the arrow and choose none then under that it said: On resume, display logon screen uncheck the box restart computer...
  3. how to post answers to a problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to post answers to a problem: how to fix my computers keeps going to lock screen to fix go to control panal, click on Personalization. bottom right hand corner click on screen saver, click the arrow and choose none then under that it said: On resume, display logon screen uncheck the box restart computer...
  4. a problem linked to a before post

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a problem linked to a before post: HiI have a tp-link usb adpter. Before it would drop out every 5-7 minutes. I figured out that I have to turn airplane mode on then off and then it would work perfectly. Is there any way to not always have to turn airplane mode on then off and have any permanent solution.Thank...
  5. Internet connectivity problem post-Window updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connectivity problem post-Window updates: I'm not a tech-savvy person but I really need help. My wifi icon keeps getting randomly disappeared and I cannot access the wifi even though it's working fine on my smartphone. When I run a diagnose, the result is always 'ethernet not plugged in.' So, I tried many methods...
  6. Posting problems - receiving "answers"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Posting problems - receiving "answers": 2-3 weeks ago I posted a problem ("Microsoft is removing app pinned to taskbar 2-3 times per year"). One answer to that problem was 'call this number and Microsoft support will help'. That was pretty naive of me to assume that was the case (that I could actually call and...
  7. post update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    post update problem: My system update automatically last night and now nothing recognizes my printer although it is 'ready". Need to fix this and disable auto updates! Suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/post-update-problem/30aab6ae-89ea-4099-ba2d-d348c4f67b6e
  8. Post Windows update problems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Post Windows update problems.: I have a windows 10 hp laptop which had good performance in the beginning. But it is very disappointing and annoying to see new updates ready for installation because frankly speaking the only observable change post update is the reduced performance and drastically increased...
  9. Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.: I'd stopped using Firefox on my laptop for several month's due to multiple issues. However, yesterday I opened FF and everything was working fine. I started posting on FB and everything worked perfectly, then one of my posts just disappeared (the primary reason I stopped...
  10. Getting this problem at post screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting this problem at post screen.: Hello everyone! Every now and then when I start my computer up the post screen stalls and says below: [img] I never installed a new CPU. My computer is a custom built. Thank you for your time. 66223