Windows 10: Post update prompting for fingerprint check saying "it doesn't recognize" user and shutting...

Discus and support Post update prompting for fingerprint check saying "it doesn't recognize" user and shutting... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After a Windows update, my computer asks me to place my finger on the sensor for a fingerprint check saying "it doesn't recognize" me. It showed a blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MMH_2023, May 26, 2023.

1. MMH_2023 Win User

Post update prompting for fingerprint check saying "it doesn't recognize" user and shutting...

After a Windows update, my computer asks me to place my finger on the sensor for a fingerprint check saying "it doesn't recognize" me. It showed a blue screen and said it will shut down now to collect error information. What issue would cause the fingerprint sensor to be prompted again and again? My computer never did this before.

:)

MMH_2023, May 26, 2023
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Post update prompting for fingerprint check saying "it doesn't recognize" user and shutting... 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 26, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, May 26, 2023
  4. Post update prompting for fingerprint check saying "it doesn't recognize" user and shutting...

Fingerprint removed during upgrade and i can't login !!

Hi Firas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to login to the guest account and update the drivers for fingerprint by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Right click on the driver for Fingerprint and select the option to update the driver and follow the prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Post update prompting for fingerprint check saying "it doesn't recognize" user and shutting...

1. Post update prompting for fingerprint check saying "it doesn't recognize" user and shutting... - Similar Threads - Post update prompting

2. Post update prompting for fingerprint check saying "it doesn't recognize" user and shutting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Post update prompting for fingerprint check saying "it doesn't recognize" user and shutting...: After a Windows update, my computer asks me to place my finger on the sensor for a fingerprint check saying "it doesn't recognize" me. It showed a blue screen and said it will shut down now to collect error information. What issue would cause the fingerprint sensor to be...
  3. "Fingerprint could be recognized"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Fingerprint could be recognized": I've got a fingerprint on my Surface Laptop Go and almost every time I log in, it can't be recognized. Can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-could-be-recognized/4ae53578-f2b2-4324-9ca8-0e37ae91b87f
  4. "Fingerprint could be recognized"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Fingerprint could be recognized": I've got a fingerprint on my Surface Laptop Go and almost every time I log in, it can't be recognized. Can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-could-be-recognized/4ae53578-f2b2-4324-9ca8-0e37ae91b87f
  5. After Window Update, Windows 11 doesn't recognize my PIN and Fingerprints.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Window Update, Windows 11 doesn't recognize my PIN and Fingerprints.: Just after I reset my Lenovo Laptop as suggested by Autoupdate, I cannot log in to Windows 11. It says that Windows 11 does not recognize my PIN. Alternative login using fingerprints also fail. When I try to reset my PIN, it is said that Windows 11 does not have utility to do...
  6. After Window Update, Windows 11 doesn't recognize my PIN and Fingerprints.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Window Update, Windows 11 doesn't recognize my PIN and Fingerprints.: Just after I reset my Lenovo Laptop as suggested by Autoupdate, I cannot log in to Windows 11. It says that Windows 11 does not recognize my PIN. Alternative login using fingerprints also fail. When I try to reset my PIN, it is said that Windows 11 does not have utility to do...
  7. SIGN IN FINGERPRINT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    SIGN IN FINGERPRINT NOT RECOGNIZED: Just got an update, and now my fingerprint is not recognized for login, only the pin works. How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-fingerprint-not-recognized/ae0157c9-3525-4b4e-9a22-fe011689b426
  8. Win10 Doesn't Recognize Second User Profile

Win10 Doesn't Recognize Second User Profile: I bought a new Acer Aspire 5 laptop that has a fingerprint scanner built in. It's running Win10 and will be used by two people: my wife and I.After the laptop was fully charged I began the setup. I got Wifi connectivity established and created my profile including fingerprint...
  9. Post MS update fingerprint scanner sign-in gone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Post MS update fingerprint scanner sign-in gone?: Windows Version: 2004 5/30/2020 Build 19041.329 Sometime within the past several days I noticed a lot of Windows settings no longer present. I figured it was just the usual, minor side-effects of an OS update. But not the fingerprint reader that's worked just fine on the...
  10. Windows doesn't recognize my laptop's fingerprint sensor.

Windows doesn't recognize my laptop's fingerprint sensor.: Hello, I just bought a used HP elitebook 840 G2 which has a fingerprint sensor, I tried to link it to windows hello but couldn't. Tried to check if my fingerprint sensor drivers are up to date but couldn't even find one so I installed it from the windows website. Now that I...