Windows 10: Post-Upgrade BSODs various error msg

Discus and support Post-Upgrade BSODs various error msg in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 87809 Dm log I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 during april this year, and experienced blue screens as well as some desktop errors,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DrBread, Jul 1, 2016.

1. DrBread Win User

Post-Upgrade BSODs various error msg

Attachment 87809 Dm log

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 during april this year, and experienced blue screens as well as some desktop errors, but after about a week of woes, i didn't experience any crashes until the beginning of june. It was at this point that i decided to format my drives and attempt a clean installation of windows 10, after which the problems continued.

Furthermore, after crashes i frequently get a blank black screen upon restart and am unable to reach the express gate. Sometimes this happens before the crash report has been recorded, which is why i dont have records of all the crashes ive experienced. So far i have not been able to fix this through any means except powering off the computer for a sufficiently long time(10 minutes seems to work). if i restart it again without waiting, i'll just see a black screen.
    The crashes almost exclusively occur soon after startup/wakeup and when using a web browser or running a game, particularly processor-intensive ones(even if they aren't graphically demanding, such as when running games on emulators)

:)

DrBread, Jul 1, 2016

2. BSOD - Various Errors

BugCheck 19, {20, ffff848fc9df7000, ffff848fc9df74d0, 44d0000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+1092 )

Device: ASUS Notebook X555UB

BIOS DATE: 10/18/2015 Version 204

Current BIOS Version and DATE:

Version 301 2017/03/31

X555UB | Laptops | ASUS Global

Update the BIOS and the Drivers. (mostly the
    Chipset driver BugCheck A )

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Blue Screen after short idle (system_service_exception caused by ntoskrnl.exe)

I just tried the Driver verifier test.

After the restart, it BSod'ed just at the beggining of the boot.

The error msg at the blue screen was: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (aswVmm.sys)

I rebooted few times, getting either the bsod error msg above or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.. these bsod were occuring at the booting, before windows fully started..

So finally I rebooted, pressed F8 and managed to successfully start at safe mode and disabled verifier.

I've went to Windows/Minidump but there wasn't any new dmp file...

VitorMartinsCar, Jul 1, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Your motherboard does not natively support Windows 10. please let us know the source of the drivers you installed?

You are getting various different BSODs which is a strong indication of hardware/compatibility related issue. You are saying that it all started after you upgraded to windows 10. So the source of the drivers would play a critical role in the issue, prima facie.

Among various issues, some OHCI related issue is seen.
    Code: BugCheck D1, {2140000, 2, 0, fffff80084a0334c} Probably caused by : usbohci.sys ( usbohci!OHCI_ProcessDoneAsyncTd+1dc ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] You should try the Windows 8 / 8.1 Legacy driver for the firewire. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2970191

Let us know how it goes.

5. DrBread Win User
    im sorry, im not exactly sure i understand the question.

i haven't manually installed any drivers for my motherboard

also, im not using any firewire devices, nor do i appear to have any firewire port. does this matter at all?

DrBread, Jul 3, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    My question was .... how you got the drivers? If you havent done it manually, then it is configured by windows updates, and should not install a firewire port driver when it is not there.

Your explanation is required here.

7. DrBread Win User
    its been there since i installed windows
    or so it seems, at least.

DrBread, Jul 3, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Let us stress them? Enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers. Driver Verifier - Enable and DisableRun Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Post-Upgrade BSODs various error msg [​IMG]
    Information Why Driver Verifier:
    It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
    It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

9. DrBread Win User
    sorry for the long wait Attachment 90837

here's the minidump i was able to gather through verifier

DrBread, Jul 18, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    This is pointing to your DualShock 3 controller driver.
    Code: BugCheck C9, {21f, fffff8004273b174, ffffe00145d734c0, 0} Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ScpVBus.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ScpVBus.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ScpVBus.sys Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] It seems to be a little old for Windows 10.
    Code: Image name: ScpVBus.sys Timestamp: Mon May 06 03:01:26 2013 (5186CFAE)[/quote] Please seh for any possible update that is compatible with windows 10 and apply it.

11. DrBread Win User
    i doubt that there's any updates, ps4 has been out for awhile now and DS4 hasn't gotten any official pc support

ive been using a 3rd party wrapper in order to use a ds4

DrBread, Jul 21, 2016
  12. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Tough situation there, mate. You either have to abandon the DS4 used with DS3 wrapper or have to accept those BSODs; till you get the proper driver for that device.

13. DrBread Win User

the latter, because ive had bsod's to spare even before was using this controller

DrBread, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Post-Upgrade BSODs various error msg - Similar Threads - Post Upgrade BSODs

2. Various Recurring BSOD Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various Recurring BSOD Errors: Hello, I've been getting various BSOD errors for the last 5 months and I couldn't find any reason or solution yet.There are 5 Critical error logs on the Event Viewer since 3 weeks ago. Those error's sources are Kernel-Power and Event ID is 41. Last critical error's...
  3. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  4. BSODs with various errors

BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  5. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. error msg in upgradation to window11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error msg in upgradation to window11: My laptop HP14 bs701tu has processor i3 6th gen @ 2.00GHz with 4GB RAM. It has TPM 2.0 and UEFI with secure boot enabled. Even after meeting all requrements I am getting error message that Windows11 won't run in your PC.Plz help me out.THANK YOU!...
  7. error msg in upgradation to window11

error msg in upgradation to window11: My laptop HP14 bs701tu has processor i3 6th gen @ 2.00GHz with 4GB RAM. It has TPM 2.0 and UEFI with secure boot enabled. Even after meeting all requrements I am getting error message that Windows11 won't run in your PC.Plz help me out.THANK YOU!...
  8. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hi There, I'm hoping someone can help me here, I'm being pestered by random BSOD errors including Reference by Pointer PFN List Corrupt System Service exception I am not overclocking to my knowledge anything on my PC. I've tested my RAM and my HDD, both had errors....
  9. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hello, I have a Latitude E5450 laptop running Windows 10 with the latest updates. Recently I have started getting the blue screen of death very often (several times a day) with various errors. I did all the hardware diagnostic possible (memtest, CPU, GPU,..), all were...
  10. Error msg.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error msg.: Had error msg. that my home computer was invaded accompanied by a terrible beeping sound. Requested I call a support number 855-523-5682. Is this a legitimate error or scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-msg/88f7afd0-ef57-4e29-8a7c-aa5a0a1ca6d1"