Windows 10: Postgres Folder In C:\Users ???

Discus and support Postgres Folder In C:\Users ??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently noticed this folder in my C:\Users folder named postgres. I didn't find mush about it when searching the web. I was wondering what this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Geosammy, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Geosammy Win User

Postgres Folder In C:\Users ???

I recently noticed this folder in my C:\Users folder named postgres.
    I didn't find mush about it when searching the web.
    I was wondering what this might be associated with?

Here are a few screenshots I took.
    Showing it's location and the folders therein.

Postgres Folder In C:\Users ??? [​IMG]

The only most recent program addition (1/23/2019) to my system,

was the installation of the Discord App.

Thanks.

:)

Geosammy, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Unable to see folder C:\users\all users

Windows does not have a folder All users. It is a link to C:\ProgramData folder, in other words when you run command DIR "C:\Users\All Users", it lists the content of folder C:\ProgramData.

4. Postgres Folder In C:\Users ???

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Postgres Folder In C:\Users ???

1. Postgres Folder In C:\Users ??? - Similar Threads - Postgres Folder Users

2. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  3. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  4. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users: Hello,I would like to delete an old user's folder in C:\Users but there is the folder AppData and the file NTUSER.DAT which prevent me from doing so. Is there a solution to this problem I've also tried taking ownership of the folder, but it doesn't fix my...
  6. Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users: Hello,I would like to delete an old user's folder in C:\Users but there is the folder AppData and the file NTUSER.DAT which prevent me from doing so. Is there a solution to this problem I've also tried taking ownership of the folder, but it doesn't fix my...
  7. C:\User folders

C:\User folders: Please respond to the following with your thoughts and recommendations since this setup looks WACKY to me:Note that I am the only person who has ever used my computer. No one else has ever created a User folder on it.There are five User folders under C:\Users in my File...
  8. Administrator user not having write privileges to the folders installed by Postgres

Administrator user not having write privileges to the folders installed by Postgres: We want to understand the behavior of permissions assigned to folders installed by an application for example take postgres. Note: Both installations are done by "admin" user who is part of the "administrators" group. The installation is done into "dbs" folder On...
  9. Renaming the user folder under c:\users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renaming the user folder under c:\users: Hi all. As a user who's part of a domain, my user folder under C:\Users is very long and this is disturbing when I use Bash (WSL). the folder is first.last.domainName and that's too long. Ideally, I just want my user folder to be my first.last name without the domain name...
  10. How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?: While my request in the thread Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account? was successfully handled, I now have this situation which I consider appropriate to mention in a new thread. Basically, I would like to rename the "new user" folder of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. postgres user folder

2. what is postgres in my users folder

3. postgres db shared folder

4. C user postgres,
  5. c users postgres