Windows 10: Posting info to help diagnose recent unwanted restarts

Discus and support Posting info to help diagnose recent unwanted restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have not had a BSOD but am posting here as requested by zbook in this thread Inexplicable restarts - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums Happily, there has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Terrypin, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Terrypin Win User

Posting info to help diagnose recent unwanted restarts

I have not had a BSOD but am posting here as requested by zbook in this thread
    Inexplicable restarts - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

Happily, there has been no further impromptu occurrence since those described in detail. So I'm hoping that this will remain one of those inexplicable issues that go away, never to return!

As mentioned, sfc /scanow reported no problems. I've also run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and there are no problems there either. I'm not comfortable with running chkdsk on my SSD. And no other problems on a variety of apps seem apparent.

P.S. Probably totally irrelevant. but since my last reboot a couple of days ago I've noticed that my Space Navigator (which I use in Google Earth) has been ON (i.e. its driver loaded) whereas I'm fairly sure it was OFF during each of the unexpected restart occasions.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Sep 4, 2018
  2. AndreTen Win User

Daily Unwanted Restarts

Ok, just ask and we will go step by step.

For temps monitoring, I like HWinfo. download and install (link was here before). At start it will ask you if running only sensors, check yes and run

Posting info to help diagnose recent unwanted restarts [​IMG]

Find Temps/ Core max and GPU, click them and graph will show.

You can show it in system tray too. follow like in the picture below

AndreTen, Sep 4, 2018
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems! - Systems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Sep 4, 2018
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Posting info to help diagnose recent unwanted restarts - Similar Threads - Posting info help

2. I'd like help diagnosing the cause of my recent BSODs SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'd like help diagnosing the cause of my recent BSODs SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION &...: Hello,Been having some BSODs recently that I'd like help with diagnosing the potential cause of them.BSOD 1:26/08/2023 22:05:28 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a ffffffff`c36e4ac0 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff807`6e024ae3 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+3fce30 x64...
  3. I'd like help diagnosing the cause of my recent BSODs SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION &...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'd like help diagnosing the cause of my recent BSODs SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION &...: Hello,Been having some BSODs recently that I'd like help with diagnosing the potential cause of them.BSOD 1:26/08/2023 22:05:28 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a ffffffff`c36e4ac0 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff807`6e024ae3 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+3fce30 x64...
  4. I'd like help diagnosing the cause of my recent BSODs SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION &...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Help Diagnose Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Diagnose Crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nn_MTCQ3aH5I_y81XbV1YHBfsZQFzcNH/view?usp=share_link - dmp linkSo I had everything working a few days ago but in attempting to fix an issue with Valorant Vangaurd flagging Windows Sonic I did a Fresh install of windows using UEFI, updated all...
  6. Diagnosing recent BSOD Cause

Diagnosing recent BSOD Cause: Hello, I have been getting several BSODs lately. I ran verifier as per these instructions. When verifier was causing the crashes, the error was DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION but it did not specify what driver was causing the crash. Here is a OneDrive link to my...
  7. Diagnosing recent BSOD crashes

Diagnosing recent BSOD crashes: Hi all, I've experienced several BSOD blue screen of death crashes over the past couple of weeks.Articles I've read on the Microsoft websiteseem to indicate that the best way to diagnose this problem is to provide the minidump files located at C:\Windows\Minidump here....
  8. BSoD Diagnosing! Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD Diagnosing! Help!: My computer keeps BSoDing whenever I play games. In Metal Gear Solid V, I get freezes, which it normally doesn't happen, and in Civilization VI, it either freezes, and crashes, or BSoDs whenever I play after more than 30 minutes. I've gotten three different BSoDs;...
  9. Daily Unwanted Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Daily Unwanted Restarts: If you are not getting a Blue error screen when the computer randomly shuts down, it is more than likely an overheating issue, bad cpu, or motherboard. I also would suspect RAM (memory) but that usually gives an error screen (Blue Screen of Death) before shutting down. Also,...
  10. Dell No POST Info on Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell No POST Info on Boot: I have a dell Precision 7910 Tower with Win 10. When booting, I have no POST info displayed. Just the DELL in a big circle before going into windows. The same is on two Dell XPS8700. Anyone know of this is normal for Dell Systems with Win 10? thanks, 77645