Windows 10: Posting problems - receiving "answers"

Discus and support Posting problems - receiving "answers" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 2-3 weeks ago I posted a problem ("Microsoft is removing app pinned to taskbar 2-3 times per year"). One answer to that problem was 'call this number... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bob2001(2), Oct 10, 2019.

1. Posting problems - receiving "answers"

2-3 weeks ago I posted a problem ("Microsoft is removing app pinned to taskbar 2-3 times per year"). One answer to that problem was 'call this number and Microsoft support will help'.

That was pretty naive of me to assume that was the case (that I could actually call and get help from Microsoft), but I called and, in the process, lost a computer (their 'help line' trashed my desktop).

So, at least I was sufficiently awake to avoid a cash payment on top of having to buy a new computer. They were trying to get me to send them money.

Does anyone monitor replies on the 'Community' for scams?

Is it possible to search/find problems that I have opened? I have tried and failed to find the originally reported problem that caused all of this. At 1300 PDT on 10 Oct 2019, the criminals stand ready to answer the phone and take your money. But, it seems impossible to find anyone in law enforcement with any real interest in finding them, arresting them, putting them away. It is just life in the 21st century. Criminals free to operate with zero risk of prosecution. Too hard.

Bottom line: public service announcement - don't call a phone number posted in a reply to a problem. The numbers will change but the criminals will not.

Further public service announcement - I actually wrote up this report with the criminals phone numbers in the report, but Microsoft converted that section of the report to *****. I wish that they had done that on my earlier reported problem. I would still have a computer.

:)

bob2001(2), Oct 10, 2019
  2. yahanna Win User

EMERGENCY - Boot Loop After Win Update

Hi zbook,

I already answered him that "Fix VSS Problems" doesnt fix the problem. What do you suggest?

yahanna, Oct 10, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 10, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Posting problems - receiving "answers"

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Posting problems - receiving "answers"

1. Posting problems - receiving "answers" - Similar Threads - Posting problems receiving

2. Posts to MS Answers out of date - broken links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Posts to MS Answers out of date - broken links: One of the problems with the present is it has a tendency to become the past very quickly - and the older we get the more quickly time goes... I sound like my grandparents - and my parents - oh, I am a grandparent...Data often has a shelf-life. Posts to MSA definitely has a...
  3. Where are my posted question on Microsoft answers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my posted question on Microsoft answers: Hello,I need guidance in following matter.What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive? Will appreciate step by step instructions of the procedure. I will be doing this process on mobile phone & not on a computer or a laptop.I have tried creating a link for...
  4. Where are my posted question on Microsoft answers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are my posted question on Microsoft answers: Hello,I need guidance in following matter.What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive? Will appreciate step by step instructions of the procedure. I will be doing this process on mobile phone & not on a computer or a laptop.I have tried creating a link for...
  5. how to post answers to a problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to post answers to a problem: how to fix my computers keeps going to lock screen to fix go to control panal, click on Personalization. bottom right hand corner click on screen saver, click the arrow and choose none then under that it said: On resume, display logon screen uncheck the box restart computer...
  6. how to post answers to a problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to post answers to a problem: how to fix my computers keeps going to lock screen to fix go to control panal, click on Personalization. bottom right hand corner click on screen saver, click the arrow and choose none then under that it said: On resume, display logon screen uncheck the box restart computer...
  7. how to post answers to a problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I see answers to my post!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I see answers to my post!: I have several notes in my mailbox that someone has replied to my Post of Windows Update Problems of the new OS, but I don't see them when I click on the message link!...
  9. Not receiving replies to my posts

in Windows 10 Support
    Not receiving replies to my posts: For the last week or so I have not receive email when someone replies to my posts or threads I have subscribed to. Thank you. 129588
  10. got my answer in other post may remove this.

in Windows 10 Support
    got my answer in other post may remove this.: redacted you can remove this i got my answer here Will insiders be able to disable the so called keylogger once..... - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums it helped me also understand the permissions we give MS as well thanks for the post guys. 11609