Windows 10: Posting problems - receiving "answers"

Discus and support Posting problems - receiving "answers" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 2-3 weeks ago I posted a problem ("Microsoft is removing app pinned to taskbar 2-3 times per year"). One answer to that problem was 'call this number... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bob2001(2), Oct 10, 2019.

1. Posting problems - receiving "answers"

2-3 weeks ago I posted a problem ("Microsoft is removing app pinned to taskbar 2-3 times per year"). One answer to that problem was 'call this number and Microsoft support will help'.

That was pretty naive of me to assume that was the case (that I could actually call and get help from Microsoft), but I called and, in the process, lost a computer (their 'help line' trashed my desktop).

So, at least I was sufficiently awake to avoid a cash payment on top of having to buy a new computer. They were trying to get me to send them money.

Does anyone monitor replies on the 'Community' for scams?

Is it possible to search/find problems that I have opened? I have tried and failed to find the originally reported problem that caused all of this. At 1300 PDT on 10 Oct 2019, the criminals stand ready to answer the phone and take your money. But, it seems impossible to find anyone in law enforcement with any real interest in finding them, arresting them, putting them away. It is just life in the 21st century. Criminals free to operate with zero risk of prosecution. Too hard.

Bottom line: public service announcement - don't call a phone number posted in a reply to a problem. The numbers will change but the criminals will not.

Further public service announcement - I actually wrote up this report with the criminals phone numbers in the report, but Microsoft converted that section of the report to *****. I wish that they had done that on my earlier reported problem. I would still have a computer.

:)

bob2001(2), Oct 10, 2019
  2. yahanna Win User

EMERGENCY - Boot Loop After Win Update

Hi zbook,

I already answered him that "Fix VSS Problems" doesnt fix the problem. What do you suggest?

yahanna, Oct 10, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 10, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Posting problems - receiving "answers"

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Posting problems - receiving "answers"

1. Posting problems - receiving "answers" - Similar Threads - Posting problems receiving

2. Receiving no answer for question about trojan virus on microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Receiving no answer for question about trojan virus on microsoft account: I have asked a question in microsoft community yesterday but not receiving any answer. In the meantime I have pressed the RSS feed button to unsubscribe by mistake, I do not know whether I am subscribed to it or not as it is taking me to a different page. Please answer for...
  3. post update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    post update problem: My system update automatically last night and now nothing recognizes my printer although it is 'ready". Need to fix this and disable auto updates! Suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/post-update-problem/30aab6ae-89ea-4099-ba2d-d348c4f67b6e
  4. Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken (re-post)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless gaming receiver driver is broken (re-post): This is a re-post. After a fresh install of Windows 10 to keep my PC fast, I plugged in my wireless Xbox 360 receiver, not made by Microsoft, instead made by Akord, popped in the CD to install the necessary drivers, and apparently Windows thinks that it is corrupt, or...
  5. Not receiving replies to my posts

in Windows 10 Support
    Not receiving replies to my posts: For the last week or so I have not receive email when someone replies to my posts or threads I have subscribed to. Thank you. 129588
  6. I hope to answer the problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hope to answer the problem: Unable to change folder icons except desktop icons Windows ten 64bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-hope-to-answer-the-problem/6eb459fb-37c7-404f-808e-b763000ce0d6
  7. Why can I no longer post answers on threads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can I no longer post answers on threads: Why can I no longer post answers on threads. Keeps saying Oopss something went wrong. Do you need a degree to post on here....
  8. Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.: I'd stopped using Firefox on my laptop for several month's due to multiple issues. However, yesterday I opened FF and everything was working fine. I started posting on FB and everything worked perfectly, then one of my posts just disappeared (the primary reason I stopped...
  9. BSOD On this computer but did not receive response on Acer post

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD On this computer but did not receive response on Acer post: So I was watching u-verse online (Marvels Agents of Shield) and everything just froze with a humming sound -- I could not move the cursor so I powered it off. The computer was restarted by me -- it rebooted fine but then crashed after a few minutes. Here is the BSOD log file...
  10. got my answer in other post may remove this.

in Windows 10 Support
    got my answer in other post may remove this.: redacted you can remove this i got my answer here Will insiders be able to disable the so called keylogger once..... - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums it helped me also understand the permissions we give MS as well thanks for the post guys. 11609