Windows 10: Potential Bug - Windows 10/1909 showing some Dutch strings in OS UI despite language being...

Discus and support Potential Bug - Windows 10/1909 showing some Dutch strings in OS UI despite language being... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Settings Windows Display language: English Default App language: English BUT: Default Input Language: Dutch (don't know how to change) System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CorneliusRoemer, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Potential Bug - Windows 10/1909 showing some Dutch strings in OS UI despite language being...

Settings

Windows Display language: English

Default App language: English

BUT: Default Input Language: Dutch (don't know how to change)

System

Surface Pro 3

Windows 10 Build 1909

Expected Behaviour:

OS strings are all in English

Actual Behaviour:

Some OS strings, e.g. "Starting up" are printed in Dutch "Inschakelen"; also parts of the settings in update interface (see screenshots)

Severity:

Unlikely to be very common since one needs to have multiple languages enabled, even then the typical user speaks all the languages they enable so it is at most a cosmetic issue - but fairly high-profile since it shows centrally on startup.

Comment:

Maybe this is me just being silly and not being able to figure out how to change the Default Input Language - please help me fix this if this is possible. I've searched the web to no avail.

Potential Bug - Windows 10/1909 showing some Dutch strings in OS UI despite language being... cd86c34d-daf8-40e0-a5e7-9a65131d1ecd?upload=true.png Potential Bug - Windows 10/1909 showing some Dutch strings in OS UI despite language being... e5b8c672-de96-4efb-9712-653fb5611ec9?upload=true.png

:)

CorneliusRoemer, Dec 9, 2019

2. unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Regions speech not available despite correct language pack install

The issue still remains unresolved, as English (Australia) simply does not show up in the list despite following all suggested steps to date (which I had done previously)

ChristopherWatson_46, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Potential Bug - Windows 10/1909 showing some Dutch strings in OS UI despite language being...

I am unable to change the OS language on my Windows 10 home edition

Hello,

I have a windows 10 home edition system and Originally i bought the machine in the Netherlands. I was able to change the OS language back then without any hustle, and it was running with the English (US) language. However recently after the OS updated to
    the latest windows version, the default language changed back to Dutch and i am unable to change it to English(US). I have tried the steps suggested in this forum even to the point of changing the override advance setting in the control panel, but the problem
    persists. Another may problem is since the system is currently running with Dutch i can not fully maneuver within the system to make the necessary changes.

Kindly, could you provide me with some suggestion that will correct my OS setting easily? considering the language limitation i am facing already with the current language settings. Thank you for your assistance.

sabeteshiminassie, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Potential Bug - Windows 10/1909 showing some Dutch strings in OS UI despite language being...

1. Potential Bug - Windows 10/1909 showing some Dutch strings in OS UI despite language being... - Similar Threads - Potential Bug 1909

2. Windows 10 not changing language fully. Dutch to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not changing language fully. Dutch to English: Hey!I wanted to change my windows 10 display language to English US but some components are still in Dutch, such as the start-menu, the search thingy and the settings app some options are in English tho.Does anyone know how to fix this? I have restarted the system multiple...
  3. Windows 10 not changing language fully. Dutch to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not changing language fully. Dutch to English: Hey!I wanted to change my windows 10 display language to English US but some components are still in Dutch, such as the start-menu, the search thingy and the settings app some options are in English tho.Does anyone know how to fix this? I have restarted the system multiple...
  4. Windows UI thinks some keys are being pressed down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows UI thinks some keys are being pressed down.: Windows 10 thinks I'm holding down the arrow key. This happens on Windows menus and programs. There is no problem on other programs. Browsers, notepad, Discord etc work just fine, it's just Windows that is freaking out. The problem persists even if I unplug my keyboard and...
  5. Windows UI thinks some keys are being pressed down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows UI thinks some keys are being pressed down.: Windows 10 thinks I'm holding down the arrow key. This happens on Windows menus and programs. There is no problem on other programs. Browsers, notepad, Discord etc work just fine, it's just Windows that is freaking out. The problem persists even if I unplug my keyboard and...
  6. Not showing update despite there being some

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not showing update despite there being some: Hi all. I have recently paused updates but I have now resumed them and it says up to date. However I know I need to get the March update for version 2004 which I was being prompted to up date to before I paused them. Are the any other methods to make windows check for...
  7. Outlook - after switching Dutch>English language a part is still Dutch

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook - after switching Dutch>English language a part is still Dutch: It is nothing serious, but I've always wondered why a part of Outlook, after switching to English language (language-pack) remains Dutch. The folder tree on the left remains Dutch, toolbar etc. are English, Options are English. See screenshot 1) All Dutch version 2) After...
  8. Windows UI issue - wrong/mixed interface strings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows UI issue - wrong/mixed interface strings: Hi all, I bought a new laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Home Edition. I also installed the last Windows updates and Russian language pack from MS Store. Finally, I see that some of the UI strings are wrong and/or placed incorrectly. For instance, right string should be...
  9. UI bug report

in Windows 10 Customization
    UI bug report: My windows runs at resolution of 1920 x 1080 with "text, apps and other items" at 125% and orientation as landscape. After running any fullscreen application in other resolutions (tested with 1366x768 and 1280x960) than the native the small view that shows hidden apps does...
  10. Windows 10. Use languages different from UI language

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10. Use languages different from UI language: Hi all, I have a small problem with languages in windows 10 (originally the same problem was in win8, but I didn't solve it there as well). I bought the laptop with german windows. But whole my life I worked with english UI interface. I know what and where I should search...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 ui display language bug