Windows 10: Potential Bug with KB3176934 or KB3176936

Discus and support Potential Bug with KB3176934 or KB3176936 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have noticed that one of the latest updates (KB3176934 or KB3176936) has broken one of two options available with right-clicking the Taskbar. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by johnpd, Aug 23, 2016.

1. johnpd Win User

Potential Bug with KB3176934 or KB3176936

I have noticed that one of the latest updates (KB3176934 or KB3176936) has broken one of two options available with right-clicking the Taskbar. The option to "Show windows side by side" now functions the same as the "Show windows stacked". Prior to applying these updates, those functions worked properly.

JohnD

:)

johnpd, Aug 23, 2016
  2. johnptd Win User

Potential Bug with KB3176934 or KB317693436

I am sorry, your response is not relevant. This has happened on more than one computer. Something was broken with one of those updates.

JohnD

EDIT:

I retried my computer and now the side by side is working properly. I will respond again if the issue returns and I can figure out what might be the problem.

johnptd, Aug 23, 2016
  3. johnptd Win User
    Potential Bug with KB3176934 or KB317693436

I have noticed that one of the latest updates (KB3176934 or KB3176936) has broken one of two options available with right-clicking the Taskbar. The option to "Show windows side by side" now functions the same as the "Show windows stacked". Prior to applying
    these updates, those functions worked properly.

JohnD

johnptd, Aug 23, 2016
  4. roblinb Win User

I just ran the updates on two of my computers at home. Fortunately I'm not seeing the same loss of functionality.

roblinb, Aug 24, 2016
  5. johnpd Win User
    I tried another computer (before and after updating) and it worked ok. I retried the one I had an issue with and now it is working. Very strange.

JohnD

johnpd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Potential Bug with KB3176934 or KB3176936 - Similar Threads - Potential Bug KB3176934

2. Potential Ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential Ransomware: Hello... For about the sixth time in as many months, I have clicked on a story to read off my homepage at MSN.COM. I'm running Windows 10 and using Edge. While reading the story a big red sinister looking window pops up with all kinds of dire warnings, trying to get me...
  3. Potential Bug: Accessing GPO blocked command prompt through PowerShell

Potential Bug: Accessing GPO blocked command prompt through PowerShell: GPO is used to block CMD being run and trying results in "Disabled by administrator" or similar. A user can still access PowerShell though, as it's usually needed for logon scripts, and then type "cmd" and it will again say "Disabled by administrator". If however, the...
  4. Potential scam

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Potential scam: I receivesd multiple calls from a some obe claiming be from windows and also claiming that my laptop had been breached i was concerned as she had my laptops id number so i followed her instructions to the point where she had asked my to install a remote controling program at...
  5. Potentially Unwanted Programs

Potentially Unwanted Programs: Hi Microsoft, How do I prevent the operating system from pre- and re-installing PUPs on my computer? I neither need or want several programs on my computer that seem to have magically been installed without my permission including but not limited to: Candy Crush XBox...
  6. Kb3176936

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Kb3176936: Subject update received on 8 March but failed to install. After, when checking for updates it is not available/listed. However, when I google KB3176936 it seems to be originally issued o/a Aug 16. Again, my system is current per update check. Any ideas on the cause ?...
  7. KB3176934 fails to install

KB3176934 fails to install: A few minutes ago, Windows downloaded and installed some updates. All went fine, except for KB3176934 (one of updates named 1607). I tried various times. It downloads the update, install it, but after the restart it figures like "failed" 61278
  8. KB3176934/36 stuck at Working on Updates

KB3176934/36 stuck at Working on Updates: Hello Community, I believe my Windows 10 is stuck installing those 2 updates (or 1 of the 2). It stays at Working on Updates 63% complete and stays there forever. Steps I've tried: 1- Hard rebooting (same effect) 2- Using the Windows 10 Pro CD 2a- Startup repair (no...
  9. Potentially Dangerous Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potentially Dangerous Software: Earlier today I downloaded a program which several people a this site ranging from banned members to VIP members have said that they use. While I was installing it, ESET NOD32 Antivirus blocked two website accesses, and when scanning the computer afterward, Malwarebytes...
  10. Optimising to full potential

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Optimising to full potential: Hi everyone! I am looking for some advice to optimize my PC to its full potential. Any tips on software and hardware tweaks are welcome. My specs are listed in the bottom-left tab of this post. I also want to know if there is any limitation of performance if I have a...