Windows 10: Potential GPU problem?

Discus and support Potential GPU problem? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, so for the past week I've had a strange issue that occurred 3 times so far Whether or not the issue pertains to the gpu I don't know as one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Ghost Prodigy, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Potential GPU problem?

Hello, so for the past week I've had a strange issue that occurred 3 times so far

Whether or not the issue pertains to the gpu I don't know as one of the symptoms is the screen going black with no recovery

• First the mouse would stop working, and the cursor sometimes disappears as well
    • Whatever image is on the screen freezes
    • Then a few seconds or so later the monitor goes black with no recovery without a full restart
    • Whole PC stays powered on when the screen goes black along with the keyboard and mouse lights staying on.
    • I haven't found any pattern to the issue besides all 3 instances occurring when on chrome.
    • It has never happened when gaming

In 2 out of 3 instances I've had to restart the computer for it to function properly again, however this last time it restarted on its own after a minute or so. Any ideas on what the issue could be or ways to troubleshoot would be fantastic, thank you

:)

Ghost Prodigy, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Faith Win User

Potential GPU problems

Ah, ok. I'm not familiar with OCCT, but does it mention what error it reports? Maybe updating the driver fixed this? I'm not sure what else I can suggest other than changing hardware, or reverting drivers way back. You should try and ask on the nvidia support forum if no one else in here have suggestions for you. Since this points a lot towards the gpu being faulty I'm sure someone there can point you in the right directions. *Smile

Faith, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Potential GPU problems

It doesn't specify at all. I asked on another forum about it and they told me to just run furmark and prime95 at the same time to stress the power supply. No crashes/errors from that so they mentioned it seemed unlikely for it to have been the power supply. Somehow it hasn't frozen the couple days after i updated nvidia drivers but i'm by no means confident that i've escaped the problem. I actually made a post of the Nvidia support forum as well on this, and was suggested that my previous driver might've been bad all along and it just took 2+ weeks before the problems showed.

BobLeSaget, Mar 2, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Potential GPU problem?

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Potential GPU problem?

1. Potential GPU problem? - Similar Threads - Potential GPU problem

2. cpu and gpu problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cpu and gpu problem: why my cpu wont use the base speed 1,70ghz my cpu only work at 0,80ghz no matter what I open and my gpu wont utilize more than 20% no matter what game I open. This problem happen when I download the windows update and also i already update my driver...
  3. GPU Problem

GPU Problem: I tried updating windows 10 version 1809 to 1909 as it was showing that my current version is nearing end of service. but it got stuck 48% during reboot. So did hard shut down and rolled all the chnages. But now when i am llaying GTA V my pc is using the GPU and using only...
  4. GPU problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU problem: I have a RX 560 gpu and a Intel HD 4400 which i use to run my second monitor and my computer is using intel hd 4400 for games, I saw it on steam survey, how I can change so that my computer is using rx 560 instead of hd 4400 for games?...
  5. gpu and apu problems

gpu and apu problems: hi my laptop is an asus x555qg with these hardwere: cpu : amd a12 9720 p gpu 0: amd r7 graphics 1gb gpu 1: amd r8 m435dx 2gb (dedicated) ram : 16 gb problem is that system info shows these numbers right but task manger , apps and even display driver and bios detecte that...
  6. GPU/Display problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU/Display problem: I am seeking assistance to resolve an ongoing problem with the functioning of the GPU installed in my PC. History The desktop PC was built in July 2015 and has never ceased to crash in one way or another when drivers installed. Since this time I have used the most updated...
  7. Potential GPU problems

Potential GPU problems: Once again i have recently been experiencing some issues possibly with my GPU or some other part. Despite my system has been completely stable the past 2 years, I've experienced two instances of a complete system freeze the past couple days. The first one was while gaming and...
  8. May W10 Update potential problems ?

in Windows 10 Support
    May W10 Update potential problems ?: Hello, Lots of Posts around re a May Update to W10 by MS. Seems all sorts of nasty things will happen, especially if you have any external HD (perhaps for backups) installed. Other problems too, apparently. And, lots of hints for disabling the automatic backup that MS...
  9. Is my GPU the problem?

Is my GPU the problem?: So recently my friend was having trouble with his EVGA graphics card underperforming. While he was trying to get a replacement part, they had him test his GPU in another PC. So I took my MSI graphics card out and put his in. He then installed the drivers for his graphics...
  10. Potential installation or upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Potential installation or upgrade problem: Currently running Windows 8.1 on a 20gb partition. I would like to upgrade to windows 10 when it is released. Question is how? I suspect 20gb isn't enough as 16gb is already taken up by win 8.1. I installed win 8.1 as a clean install then activated with a win 8 key....