Windows 10: Potential memory leak in DWM.exe?

Discus and support Potential memory leak in DWM.exe? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all so I've been noticing my DWM.exe sometimes sitting at 300-500 mb. I read up on it and it sounds like there's a memory leak bug known of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pixelated_Fairy, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Potential memory leak in DWM.exe?

Hi all so I've been noticing my DWM.exe sometimes sitting at 300-500 mb. I read up on it and it sounds like there's a memory leak bug known of currently https://community.intel.com/t5/Grap...ith-Intel-HD-Graphics-630/td-p/1222297/page/7

I'm honestly not super deep tech savvy so I was wondering, would the 300-500 mb range be indicative of a memory leak? Or is this within the normal parameter. Most other times it's around 50mb or less until it starts spiking.

If this is the case is there anything I can do to try to remedy it? It sounds like there hasn't been a particular fix in place and I can't rollback my driver as suggested in the forum since I did a clean install of my graphics drivers some months back.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Pixelated_Fairy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pixelated_Fairy, Mar 23, 2021
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Desktop Window Manager Memory Leak

These applications not are compute-intensive, compared to
    CPU speed. "The problem" is the memory leak of DWM.

As soon as I could observe a high memory consumption by DWM, I started windows performance tool kit and run the diagnose. Then I switch to the game and
    continued playing for a few seconds
    until stop the diagnosis.

Jean Bolão, Mar 23, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Potential memory leak in DWM.exe?

Possible Memory Leaks in Windows 10

A memory leak occurs when an application closes and fails to release all its RAM back to the operating system.

The first step in dealing with a memory leak is to determine which application is leaking memory.

The next step is to contact that application's technical support with complete details of the memory leak, since the developers will want to fix the problem ASAP.

BulldogXX, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Potential memory leak in DWM.exe?

1. Potential memory leak in DWM.exe? - Similar Threads - Potential memory leak

2. Windows 11 taskbar issues, and potential explorer memory leak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar issues, and potential explorer memory leak: Hi,For the last week or so, I started having problems with the Windows 11 taskbar:I cannot expand tray icons by left-clicking the little arrow icon left-most tray icon.Time on the right is frozen.Apps are not shown in the taskbar if they are not pinned ones.I cannot...
  3. Windows 11 taskbar issues, and potential explorer memory leak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar issues, and potential explorer memory leak: Hi,For the last week or so, I started having problems with the Windows 11 taskbar:I cannot expand tray icons by left-clicking the little arrow icon left-most tray icon.Time on the right is frozen.Apps are not shown in the taskbar if they are not pinned ones.I cannot...
  4. Windows 11 DWM leak preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 DWM leak preview: Hi, if Intel did not solved this problem, does Windows 11 do the DWM leak too?DWM leak preview when using Windows 11 if this problem is not solved: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-dwm-leak-preview/00a96ef9-338b-4d31-aba5-60b7c4e2cff5
  5. Windows 11 DWM leak preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 DWM leak preview: Hi, if Intel did not solved this problem, does Windows 11 do the DWM leak too?DWM leak preview when using Windows 11 if this problem is not solved: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-dwm-leak-preview/00a96ef9-338b-4d31-aba5-60b7c4e2cff5
  6. DWM memory leak problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DWM memory leak problems: Like many people, I've suddenly started having memory leak problems with Desktop Window Manager, getting as high as 4.4GB which isnt good for my little 16GB laptop. It seems universally accepted that it's caused by a faulty Intel river for the Intel HD 630 and I've seen a...
  7. DWM EXE high memory, anyone know how to fix it

DWM EXE high memory, anyone know how to fix it: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/u7m40go4z8b61.png?width=666&format=png&auto=webp&s=a54ff7e9c58e02b4417c2abc2d4682e8e03c2e36 submitted by /u/mr_griffon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kx0o1w/dwm_exe_high_memory_anyone_know_how_to_fix_it/
  8. Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage

Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage: Recently my computer has basically become unusable. It is extremely slow. I looked at the task manager and saw that my PC is using 98% of its RAM, this is at the desktop where I am literally doing nothing and seems to happen every time I turn my PC on. As far as I am aware,...
  9. Potential Memory Leak - SpatialAudioLicenseSrv.exe Zombie Processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Potential Memory Leak - SpatialAudioLicenseSrv.exe Zombie Processes: Recently my computer has had a Paged pool of upwards of 48GB and upon further inspection it appears that SpatialAudioLicenseSrv.exe has been creating zombie processes under svchost.exe. Does anybody know what the cause of this is and how to fix this? Thanks...
  10. is this memory leak?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...