Windows 10: Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage

Discus and support Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently my computer has basically become unusable. It is extremely slow. I looked at the task manager and saw that my PC is using 98% of its RAM, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WizardSleeveNan, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage

Recently my computer has basically become unusable. It is extremely slow. I looked at the task manager and saw that my PC is using 98% of its RAM, this is at the desktop where I am literally doing nothing and seems to happen every time I turn my PC on. As far as I am aware, everything was fine about a week ago because my computer worked perfectly fine, I haven't downloaded anything so I'm assuming it might be from a software update?

https://imgur.com/a/Nwn0gyE

Not sure what this 'ICEsoundService64.exe' is, but its using over 700,000 handles. Not sure if this is meant to be like this, probably not. The process under it, 'AGMService.exe' is also using 180,000 handles.

Anyone know what these services are? are they causing my problem here?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/WizardSleeveNan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WizardSleeveNan, Sep 27, 2020

2. RAM leaks and high CPU usage

Sorry to seem so negative, folks, but am I the only one who thinks it's disgraceful that the onus seems continually to be on users to fix the ridiculous RAM leaks and high CPU usage problems that were caused by the Fall 2017 Creators Update?

I received the Creators Update for Windows 10 Pro near the end of the year -- not surprisingly, since I'm currently living in eastern Europe. Installation went smoothly, but from the outset, I began experiencing significantly higher RAM and CPU usage. These
    were issues that I'd not experienced before. I did a bit of research, and discovered that the errors don't really seem to depend on system hardware or idiosyncratic configurations. Instead, the problems appear to lie clearly with the update itself.

I'm lucky enough to have a very robust system: i7 Haswell-E 5820, factory overclocked and liquid-cooled; 32 GB of RAM; GTX-980; fast SSD as my program drive, etc. I also have a Rainmeter skin that shows me RAM and CPU usage in real time. On boot, I used
    to see only about 2.25 GB of RAM being used; CPU would settle to 1-2%. Since the Creators Update, RAM usage on boot is routinely from a low of about 4.25 GB to as much as 7.5 GB, and CPU usage regularly shows prolonged inexplicable intervals of 20 - 35% usage,
    and occasionally even more.

I've tried the various suggested measures to alleviate the problems, with minimal (and only temporary) success at best. I've had no success at all in trying to get information directly from Microsoft through Support. It's worth noting that all the various
    suggestions to deal with these problems involving taking steps to cripple Windows functionality in order to reduce system overheads, thereby depriving users of some of the very benefits the OS is supposed to provide. Microsoft doesn't seem to be bothered by
    that; in fact, it seem quite content to allow users to flounder around in the mess created by the update.

Does anyone have a definitive solution for the RAM leakage and CPU usage problems (short of turning to an alternative OS)? Is there any word as to whether Microsoft will address these problems soon?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

FlatPicker, Sep 27, 2020
  3. High CPU usage & Memory leak

Hello,

I've a leak memory and high CPU from lanmanServer and System (ntoskrnl.exe).

The system (ntoskrnl.exe) is on 19%-20% CPU usage all the time and the Lanmanserver is starting from 40MB RAM and will continue until the Memory usage will be full and eventually the machine will crash. Do you have any idea
    how to fix this?

I think that was started when i updated windows 10 to 2004 version, Also the Windows update window is all the time is on progress with the Yellow icon, unless i get in and check if there are a new version and then the icon
    change to green.

Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage 7f3f64c9-d9e1-441c-a98c-ef9d22f58e19?upload=true.jpg

RonenDabach, Sep 27, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage

dalchina, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage

1. Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage - Similar Threads - Potential Memory Leak

2. High memory RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory RAM Usage: Hey there guys, there is high memory RAM usage when no apps/Programs are running on my PC... why ? And how to fix it ?...Please help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-ram-usage/d677cec5-bf79-412a-8640-31242e8e3bbc
  3. High memory RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High memory RAM Usage: Hey there guys, there is high memory RAM usage when no apps/Programs are running on my PC... why ? And how to fix it ?...Please help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-ram-usage/d677cec5-bf79-412a-8640-31242e8e3bbc
  4. High RAM memory Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM memory Usage: READ TITLE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-memory-usage/965bbc7f-371c-4acd-959f-8e8bb9534552
  5. High RAM memory Usage

High RAM memory Usage: READ TITLE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-memory-usage/965bbc7f-371c-4acd-959f-8e8bb9534552
  6. Very high virtual memory usage and possibly "handle" leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very high virtual memory usage and possibly "handle" leak: [ATTACH] Hi, I have 2x8 DDR4 3000Mhz RAM. I use 5-6 GB of them in general. But my virtual memory is 45GB -i did not set any limit it is managed by Windows- Why it happens? The most RAM consumer software is Google Chrome which I use and it crashes some times with "Out of...
  7. Potential memory leak in DWM.exe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Potential memory leak in DWM.exe?: Hi all so I've been noticing my DWM.exe sometimes sitting at 300-500 mb. I read up on it and it sounds like there's a memory leak bug known of currently https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/BUG-dwm-exe-uses-memory-leakage-with-Intel-HD-Graphics-630/td-p/1222297/page/7 I'm...
  8. YourPhoneServer.exe - excessive RAM usage/memory leak?

YourPhoneServer.exe - excessive RAM usage/memory leak?: I noticed yesterday that YourPhoneServer.exe is using excessive RAM, it appears to have a memory leak as the RAM use increases all the time. Also, if I sign out of my PC or do a restart, I have to re-link the app for it to work again. Last update of the app was March 6th...
  9. Ram and CPU usage is very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  10. High CPU usage & Memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage & Memory leak: Hello, I've a leak memory and high CPU from lanmanServer and System ntoskrnl.exe. The system ntoskrnl.exe is on 19%-20% CPU usage all the time and the Lanmanserver is starting from 40MB RAM and will continue until the Memory usage will be full and eventually the machine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Agmservice memory leak