Windows 10: Potential Phishing Scan

Discus and support Potential Phishing Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I logged in to my Windows 10 account I received a dialog requesting me to confirm my account email. I then received the following email from a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CraigPodczerwinski, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Potential Phishing Scan

When I logged in to my Windows 10 account I received a dialog requesting me to confirm my account email. I then received the following email from a Microsoft Account Team. Is this this phishing attempt?

Microsoft account team<*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>
    5:17 PM
    To *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Microsoft account
    Password reset code
    Please use this code to reset the password for the Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.
    Here is your code: 8209548
    If you don't recognize the Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, you can click here to remove your email address from that account.
    Thanks,
    The Microsoft account team

:)

CraigPodczerwinski, Nov 18, 2020

2. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Nov 18, 2020
  3. quietman7 - MVP, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Potential Phishing Scan

Jsssssssss, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Potential Phishing Scan

1. Potential Phishing Scan - Similar Threads - Potential Phishing Scan

2. Safely scanning potentially infected drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safely scanning potentially infected drive: Hello, I have recently got a terrible malware on my pc that forced me to ditch my hard drive, while I was taking out my hard drive out of my pc my pc is prebuilt which was the first time I had done that I found some random 1tb ssd. I wish to use this drive but I am worried...
  3. Safely scanning potentially infected drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safely scanning potentially infected drive: Hello, I have recently got a terrible malware on my pc that forced me to ditch my hard drive, while I was taking out my hard drive out of my pc my pc is prebuilt which was the first time I had done that I found some random 1tb ssd. I wish to use this drive but I am worried...
  4. PHISHING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PHISHING: To day I receive e-mails from :McAfee Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> , McAfee Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> and McAfee Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>with PHISHING :Your Antivirus Has Expired, You are not...
  5. PHISHING or Not

PHISHING or Not: J’ai reçu un e-mail en anglais alors que mon compte est en français provenant de l’adresse suivante *** Email address is removed for privacy *** concernant « service agreement ». Est-ce un e-mail de Microsoft ????Merci...
  6. Phishing

Phishing: I received a suspicious email claiming to be from Microsoft, can I forward it so it can be investigated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/phishing/f6992c69-8058-4790-bc5b-140977070d19
  7. Phishing

Phishing: A probable phishing attack has frozen my computer. Screens have Microsoft logo. "Support" numbers are probably fake. A flashing green box says "return to safety." I don't trust any of it but how do I safely return to using the computer?...
  8. Phishing

Phishing: I clicked on a phishing link and entered a password. I've already changed the password on the account it was linked to but how can I be sure there is no malware on my computer? I ran a scan using the virus and threat protection software on the computer and they came back...
  9. Phishing

Phishing: I keep getting emails saying "Note to self" with my Hotmail profile that are phishing. I am reporting them but obviously cannot block them. What has happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/phishing/c5ec6333-f368-4957-a64f-7964bcef2589
  10. Phishing

Phishing: I got phished about a month ago by an Indian outfit. They trailed an HP printer driver installation page I was trying to use for a new printer, and place a "chat" ear at the bottom of the page. After I could not find what I was looking for, I clicked on the chat ear and the...