Windows 10: Potential Ransomware

Discus and support Potential Ransomware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello... For about the sixth time in as many months, I have clicked on a story to read off my homepage at MSN.COM. I'm running Windows 10 and using... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shootsnh, Jul 5, 2019.

1. shootsnh Win User

Potential Ransomware

Hello...

For about the sixth time in as many months, I have clicked on a story to read off my homepage

at MSN.COM. I'm running Windows 10 and using Edge.

While reading the story a big red sinister looking window pops up with all kinds

of dire warnings, trying to get me to click a button and/or call a number.

Having gone through this exercise before, I immediately power down my laptop and reboot.

I then use the bottom search bar and go to a safe website like Yahoo.com and after that page

loads I use my browser settings to clear everything and anything and then reboot. When loading

Edge again, the bad page is then gone.

My question is how can the MSN network allow these bad pages to be loaded for consumer consumption

and why didn't my Malwarebytes prevent it from loading ?

After rebooting the 2nd time I scanned with Malwarebytes and came up empty.

Thanks

John

:)

shootsnh, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Potential Ransomware

1. Potential Ransomware - Similar Threads - Potential Ransomware

2. Potential GPU problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Potential GPU problems: Once again i have recently been experiencing some issues possibly with my GPU or some other part. Despite my system has been completely stable the past 2 years, I've experienced two instances of a complete system freeze the past couple days. The first one was while gaming and...
  3. Since switching to 1903 (< 5 days ago) - the default White task bar has already potentially...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since switching to 1903 (< 5 days ago) - the default White task bar has already potentially...: I've been running windows 10 1809 for the duration of this screen's life. Recently with the release of the Xbox Game Pass ultimate beta for Windows 10 PC I decided migrating over was time - and its also required to access the beta. Anyway since running this update it...
  4. Potential BSOD while playing Dead By Daylight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Potential BSOD while playing Dead By Daylight: I don't really have much information to go off of, will update as I learn more. TOXICITY-(2019-06-20_23-17-56).zip 135187
  5. Additional Potential Fix for Windows 10 V1903 Update failed with error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Additional Potential Fix for Windows 10 V1903 Update failed with error code 0x80070005: Hi, I've had terrible trouble trying to get both the previous 1809 update, and the current 1903 Update. I finally got the 1903 update installed which finished at midnight last night. I had attempted to install it first via Windows updates, and then with the update...
  6. potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually: gave virtual access to my pc to what seems like a potential scammer wanting me to purchase antivirus protection how do i check if my pc is safe?...
  7. Per request from Advisor, attached link to OneDrive file of Windows Logs to potentially...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Per request from Advisor, attached link to OneDrive file of Windows Logs to potentially...: Per request from Independent Advisor | Volunteer Moderator Vijay_V., in response to previous post dated 04/26/2019, attached is a link to a zip file as requested. This file contains all related entries found under Windows Logs, (such as System, Application, Security, etc.)...
  8. May W10 Update potential problems ?

in Windows 10 Support
    May W10 Update potential problems ?: Hello, Lots of Posts around re a May Update to W10 by MS. Seems all sorts of nasty things will happen, especially if you have any external HD (perhaps for backups) installed. Other problems too, apparently. And, lots of hints for disabling the automatic backup that MS...
  9. Future potential Windows activation trouble

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Future potential Windows activation trouble: I was looking to buy a laptop that comes with a slow hard drive, and I want to buy a faster drive to replace it. Assuming that hardware conflicts are not an issue (I have researched and verified that the drive will work), will I be able to have activated Windows on the new...
  10. Security Essentials Preliminary Scan Results show potential problem...then, Nothing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Essentials Preliminary Scan Results show potential problem...then, Nothing: The last half-dozen times I've manually run Microsoft Security Essentials, it has early on found a potential problem, causing a warning message to appear (attached). It promises I can review the info when the scan is done. When the scan finishes, no such info is available. If...