Windows 10: Potential Ransomware

Discus and support Potential Ransomware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello... For about the sixth time in as many months, I have clicked on a story to read off my homepage at MSN.COM. I'm running Windows 10 and using... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shootsnh, Jul 5, 2019.

1. shootsnh Win User

Potential Ransomware

Hello...

For about the sixth time in as many months, I have clicked on a story to read off my homepage

at MSN.COM. I'm running Windows 10 and using Edge.

While reading the story a big red sinister looking window pops up with all kinds

of dire warnings, trying to get me to click a button and/or call a number.

Having gone through this exercise before, I immediately power down my laptop and reboot.

I then use the bottom search bar and go to a safe website like Yahoo.com and after that page

loads I use my browser settings to clear everything and anything and then reboot. When loading

Edge again, the bad page is then gone.

My question is how can the MSN network allow these bad pages to be loaded for consumer consumption

and why didn't my Malwarebytes prevent it from loading ?

After rebooting the 2nd time I scanned with Malwarebytes and came up empty.

Thanks

John

:)

shootsnh, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Potential Ransomware

1. Potential Ransomware - Similar Threads - Potential Ransomware

2. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101": Hi,I last couple of weeks, we are seeing BSODs on couple of our systems with our custom SW.We've seen this on both Win10 and Win11. With latest generations of intel processors e.g. Intel Core i7 1265U, Intel Core 13700K.It runs for 3-4 days, then it ends up with something...
  3. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101": Hi,I last couple of weeks, we are seeing BSODs on couple of our systems with our custom SW.We've seen this on both Win10 and Win11. With latest generations of intel processors e.g. Intel Core i7 1265U, Intel Core 13700K.It runs for 3-4 days, then it ends up with something...
  4. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?: I am having some issues with File Explorer. Ever since I uninstalled the Virtual Machine Platform, I cannot open any folder in File Explorer—it freezes, and then I have to either kill it with the "End Process" popup, or it resets explorer.exe on its own. I also get the...
  6. How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?

How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?: I am having some issues with File Explorer. Ever since I uninstalled the Virtual Machine Platform, I cannot open any folder in File Explorer—it freezes, and then I have to either kill it with the "End Process" popup, or it resets explorer.exe on its own. I also get the...
  7. Potentially Unwanted Program, Don't exsist...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted Program, Don't exsist...: Hello, Windows Defender says: There's a PIP. It should be file: D:\Downloads\archief_01\Derden\HelpDesk\XXX\Linksys Wireless GPCI-driver.exe. But map 'archief_01\...' don't exsist I can't delete....
  8. Potentially Unwanted Program, Don't exsist...

Potentially Unwanted Program, Don't exsist...: Hello, Windows Defender says: There's a PIP. It should be file: D:\Downloads\archief_01\Derden\HelpDesk\XXX\Linksys Wireless GPCI-driver.exe. But map 'archief_01\...' don't exsist I can't delete....
  9. Weird registry key that could potentially be malware, but all the results are really old on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird registry key that could potentially be malware, but all the results are really old on...: I was snooping around in my registry as per usual and i found two registry keys that stuck out to me, dbrowprx.asproxy and dbrstprx.asproxy and also a whole bunch of registry keys with the same names but labeled 1, 2, etc. I did a quick google search and it showed me results...
  10. Weird registry key that could potentially be malware, but all the results are really old on...

Weird registry key that could potentially be malware, but all the results are really old on...: I was snooping around in my registry as per usual and i found two registry keys that stuck out to me, dbrowprx.asproxy and dbrstprx.asproxy and also a whole bunch of registry keys with the same names but labeled 1, 2, etc. I did a quick google search and it showed me results...