Windows 10: potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually

Discus and support potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; gave virtual access to my pc to what seems like a potential scammer wanting me to purchase antivirus protection how do i check if my pc is safe?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NatashaJames, Jun 1, 2019.

1. potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually

gave virtual access to my pc to what seems like a potential scammer wanting me to purchase antivirus protection how do i check if my pc is safe?

:)

NatashaJames, Jun 1, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jun 1, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User

potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually

Potential scam

Hi Richard, well done for being suspicious, you would be amazed how many users fall for this!

This is a well known Tech Support SCAM Microsoft will NEVER phone you

All they are trying to do is get control of your PC, they will cause your PC to become corrupt and then require you to pay to have it fixed and even though you might pay them, they will not fix it!

You stopped the process before giving them Remote Access to your PC, you therefore have nothing to worry about, well done .. .

DaveM121, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually

1. potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually - Similar Threads - potential scam technician

2. Microsoft technician had me use a scam key server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft technician had me use a scam key server: Recently I had trouble activating Windows 11 so I reached out through the MS support callback: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact I got a call back and waited in a queue and the person on the line said he would need to transfer me to solve the issue. I got...
  3. Microsoft technician had me use a scam key server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft technician had me use a scam key server: Recently I had trouble activating Windows 11 so I reached out through the MS support callback: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact I got a call back and waited in a queue and the person on the line said he would need to transfer me to solve the issue. I got...
  4. Potential scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential scam: I received an email saying Microsoft would stop processing incoming emails by midnight because I failed to verify my account. Asked me to click on the Verify Now button. Also said all upgraded users would receive an additional 10GB. This sounds like a scam. Am I right?...
  5. Technician wants remote access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Technician wants remote access: I recently built my first PC. I downloaded and installed a free version of Windows 10 Pro. I waited until I had some extra cash and decided to buy Windows 10 Home as my OS. I was told by one technician, Home will override Pro. But it did not. I get an error 0x803F700. I found...
  6. potential scam support

potential scam support: I'm getting interrupted on the net by a Microsoft update notice. It has the Microsoft logo on it but it looks fake. I went to the Microsoft update site to check my updates and all was good. Has anybody else been bothered by this?...
  7. potential scam

in Windows 10 Customization
    potential scam: i have twice received not saying need to fix outlook and scan fingerprint. is this a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/potential-scam/afaadaad-43b8-4f0f-8d4e-0128ff670e16
  8. Re Potential Scam email regarding Windows 10

Re Potential Scam email regarding Windows 10: Hello there. I just got a new computer that is Windows based and logged on into it and then a few days ago, I received this message. Did you send it to me or is it a scam? if it is legit, someone hacked my new computer when I logged into Windows. If you could please clarify...
  9. Microsoft Certified Technician Scams

Microsoft Certified Technician Scams: I noticed the comment posted regarding the man who was cold called by a scammer, I think regarding the Ammy Scam. He had asked who these people are and why aren't they in jail yet. That email was dated 2013. Here we are almost at 2020 and they have been not only scamming the...
  10. Potential scam

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Potential scam: I receivesd multiple calls from a some obe claiming be from windows and also claiming that my laptop had been breached i was concerned as she had my laptops id number so i followed her instructions to the point where she had asked my to install a remote controling program at...