Windows 10: potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually

Discus and support potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; gave virtual access to my pc to what seems like a potential scammer wanting me to purchase antivirus protection how do i check if my pc is safe?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NatashaJames, Jun 1, 2019.

1. potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually

gave virtual access to my pc to what seems like a potential scammer wanting me to purchase antivirus protection how do i check if my pc is safe?

:)

NatashaJames, Jun 1, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jun 1, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User

potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually

Potential scam

Hi Richard, well done for being suspicious, you would be amazed how many users fall for this!

This is a well known Tech Support SCAM Microsoft will NEVER phone you

All they are trying to do is get control of your PC, they will cause your PC to become corrupt and then require you to pay to have it fixed and even though you might pay them, they will not fix it!

You stopped the process before giving them Remote Access to your PC, you therefore have nothing to worry about, well done .. .

DaveM121, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually

1. potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually - Similar Threads - potential scam technician

2. Can't access virtually any of my pictures on my One drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access virtually any of my pictures on my One drive.: I go to my one drive and all of a sudden I can't see any of my pictures on there. There are hardly any thumbnails either. I have more than one email account so could this be an issue? Although, I have signed in under each and still can't see them. It is driving me insane...
  3. PC Care Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Care Scam: Alex Jones of PC Care called and installed SUPERAntiSpyware trial software after saying my computer including ID had been transmitting error messages to Microsoft. As a long time stock holder and lifetime MSN user, I'm disappointed that he knew details about my software and...
  4. Virtual PC on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual PC on Windows 10?: Is there a program available for Windows 10 machines like Microsoft's Virtual PC that I downloaded to my older Windows 7 Professional computer, so that I could run a program that would not run on any operating system newer than Windows XP? I have done a couple of searches...
  5. Remote access scam help

Remote access scam help: OK so my daughter recently allowed a remote access to my computer running windows 10. We are doing the re-store from scratch function in windows 10 be enough to get rid of anything they may put in there or do I need to completely delete the hard drive and partitions then...
  6. Im finding technician Citra

Im finding technician Citra: Hello, if any moderator saw my this post can you help contact technician named Citra? She is incharge my case just now, my connection suddenly cut out just now which I lost connection with her....
  7. Post-Scam PC Diagnostics

Post-Scam PC Diagnostics: I was scammed yesterday evening by scammers claiming to be Microsoft Support Team members. Most likely I lost $1000 in this deal. Now I need the assistance of the legitimate Microsoft Technical Support Team to run diagnostics on my PC to determine the extent of viruses,...
  8. Potential scam

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Potential scam: I receivesd multiple calls from a some obe claiming be from windows and also claiming that my laptop had been breached i was concerned as she had my laptops id number so i followed her instructions to the point where she had asked my to install a remote controling program at...
  9. Lost access to my PC

Lost access to my PC: I lost access to my computer because it requires me to set up a new PIN since “my PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security settings”. I can’t get in so I am locked out. Help me, please.......
  10. Can't access my pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access my pc: When's I switched on my pc this evening there was an red X where the Internet connection is and I could not get on to my desktop because my password is not being accepted how can I get passed this please 73437