Windows 10: Potential scam

Discus and support Potential scam in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I receivesd multiple calls from a some obe claiming be from windows and also claiming that my laptop had been breached i was concerned as she had my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by richardthornton2, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Potential scam

I receivesd multiple calls from a some obe claiming be from windows and also claiming that my laptop had been breached i was concerned as she had my laptops id number so i followed her instructions to the point where she had asked my to install a remote controling program at which point i hung up i gave no infomation out but i am still worried the number i was called from was 01633780580 any infomation welcome

:)

richardthornton2, Sep 18, 2018

2. Potential scam

Please ignore this message.

Warning: There are "Tech Support Scams" pretending to be Microsoft support. Please be vigilant. Microsoft never calls, emails users to inform them their account is expiring. Neither should you get an email. Learn more in the following article:

PSA: Beware of Windows 10 Activation Tech Support Scams

http://www.groovypost.com/news/beware-of-window...

Report it:

https://www.microsoft.com/reportascam/

Tech support scams - Windows Defender Security ... - Microsoft

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/su...

Protect yourself from tech support scams - Microsoft Support

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/401340...

Andre Da Costa, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Potential scam

Jsssssssss, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Potential scam

1. Potential scam - Similar Threads - Potential scam

2. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101": Hi,I last couple of weeks, we are seeing BSODs on couple of our systems with our custom SW.We've seen this on both Win10 and Win11. With latest generations of intel processors e.g. Intel Core i7 1265U, Intel Core 13700K.It runs for 3-4 days, then it ends up with something...
  3. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101": Hi,I last couple of weeks, we are seeing BSODs on couple of our systems with our custom SW.We've seen this on both Win10 and Win11. With latest generations of intel processors e.g. Intel Core i7 1265U, Intel Core 13700K.It runs for 3-4 days, then it ends up with something...
  4. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?: I am having some issues with File Explorer. Ever since I uninstalled the Virtual Machine Platform, I cannot open any folder in File Explorer—it freezes, and then I have to either kill it with the "End Process" popup, or it resets explorer.exe on its own. I also get the...
  6. Potential scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential scam: I received an email saying Microsoft would stop processing incoming emails by midnight because I failed to verify my account. Asked me to click on the Verify Now button. Also said all upgraded users would receive an additional 10GB. This sounds like a scam. Am I right?...
  7. potential scam support

potential scam support: I'm getting interrupted on the net by a Microsoft update notice. It has the Microsoft logo on it but it looks fake. I went to the Microsoft update site to check my updates and all was good. Has anybody else been bothered by this?...
  8. potential scam

in Windows 10 Customization
    potential scam: i have twice received not saying need to fix outlook and scan fingerprint. is this a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/potential-scam/afaadaad-43b8-4f0f-8d4e-0128ff670e16
  9. Re Potential Scam email regarding Windows 10

Re Potential Scam email regarding Windows 10: Hello there. I just got a new computer that is Windows based and logged on into it and then a few days ago, I received this message. Did you send it to me or is it a scam? if it is legit, someone hacked my new computer when I logged into Windows. If you could please clarify...
  10. potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually

potential scam technician accessed my pc virtually: gave virtual access to my pc to what seems like a potential scammer wanting me to purchase antivirus protection how do i check if my pc is safe?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 01633780580