Windows 10: Potential ViRuS please help

Discus and support Potential ViRuS please help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I let a roommate use my computer for about 20 mins because she claimed she had to download an image onto a USB drive. Afterwards my computer was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gregoryblueste, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Potential ViRuS please help

I let a roommate use my computer for about 20 mins because she claimed she had to download an image onto a USB drive. Afterwards my computer was completely slower and I couldn't download any anti virus software and even had trouble accessing certain anti virus websites. I went as far as to do a complete reset of surface book which included a reinstallaltion of windows locally yet the problem still persists. I had absolutely no speed issues beforehand and no issues with downloading files or streaming. Please help

:)

gregoryblueste, Jun 12, 2021
  2. Jsssssssss, Jun 12, 2021
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Potential ViRuS please help

remove a virus

1) Do steps 1, 2 and 5 in this multi-step removal guide:
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-potentially-unwanted-program/

2) Do not download anything from the link (pcrisk) which another user previously posted. It's one of those SpyHunter pushing sites. SpyHunter is a commercial program which is absolutely not recommended here in Microsoft Community.

3) Suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Potential ViRuS please help

1. Potential ViRuS please help - Similar Threads - Potential ViRuS please

2. Help with potential virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with potential virus: Hello i’ve been having problems with my windows laptop about having a issue of “preparing automatic repair” ive noticed that there’s been some files what has been downloaded onto the laptop so im thinking that its a virus? its not letting me do much and im wondering if i can...
  3. Help with potential virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with potential virus: Hello i’ve been having problems with my windows laptop about having a issue of “preparing automatic repair” ive noticed that there’s been some files what has been downloaded onto the laptop so im thinking that its a virus? its not letting me do much and im wondering if i can...
  4. Potential Virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Potential Virus?: Every time I start up my computer 3 tabs of PowerShell pop up on my screen despite me turning off the run upon startup option in my task manager. Another issue I've had is when I open up Google Chrome it pops up for a second, then closes and restarts every time. I have also...
  5. please help me with this virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    please help me with this virus: So recently i have been getting a notification on windows defender about it blocking something about 2-3 times a day. So than I installed Malawarebytes and got rid of most of the stuff but theres this one thing that keeps re appearing.I have no idea how i got it and theres...
  6. Virus or No? Help please :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus or No? Help please :: Hello! This keeps popping up on my screen. I thought it was a virus but I ran a scan on McAfee and it said I was virus free. Help is appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-or-no-help-please/43c81a66-9874-45b6-bd2f-74ba2636e29d
  7. VIRUS EVERYWHERE! PLEASE HELP

VIRUS EVERYWHERE! PLEASE HELP: Does anyone know the solution to networking security for my att gateway ? Its getting hacked from source?? Unknown from adroid mobile or through gateway itself what security can i download or plug in ? Its taken control over everything My laptop went missing in shipping and...
  8. Potential Virus on PC

Potential Virus on PC: Hello, I have made an AMD PC and used my storage from my old pc. There has been an application called, Intel Security Assist. I can not uninstall or remove it, and this application has been on my pc for years now. Is this Malware or an application that simply can not be...
  9. Is this a potential virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a potential virus?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iTechsTR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx1sy3/is_this_a_potential_virus/
  10. Locky Virus... help please!

Locky Virus... help please!: My computer came down with the Locky Virus this morning. When I googled it a company called Equipe Microfix came up and they said for $500 (for their labor) and 1.2 bitcoin they would fix the problem. I.e. go on the dark web to get a private key and decrypt program and use...