Windows 10: Potentially haunted audio

Discus and support Potentially haunted audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Quick rundown: Plugged in headset mic, mic didnt work. Messed around with settings a bit and checked every google search page on the topic on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by noaudioguy, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Potentially haunted audio

Quick rundown: Plugged in headset mic, mic didnt work. Messed around with settings a bit and checked every google search page on the topic on the entire internet, nothing. Eventually plugged in two headsets, one for output and one for input, it kinda works but mic audio is extremely muffled and mic sensitivity is abysmal. I've restarted my PC, reinstalled my drivers, checked the super duper deep and slightly scary part of audio settings, so on and so on. If you feel like the solution is on google, don't bother because I've probably seen it before. Have fun!

:)

noaudioguy, Jun 24, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Potentially haunted audio

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Potentially haunted audio

1. Potentially haunted audio - Similar Threads - Potentially haunted audio

2. Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem: This is a potential solution that worked for me in regards to a problem discussed in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-freeze-and-audio-problem/1d742809-a22f-492e-b121-e830388a724eI was not able to post my solution to that thread as it...
  3. Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem: This is a potential solution that worked for me in regards to a problem discussed in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-freeze-and-audio-problem/1d742809-a22f-492e-b121-e830388a724eI was not able to post my solution to that thread as it...
  4. Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Potential scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential scam: I received an email saying Microsoft would stop processing incoming emails by midnight because I failed to verify my account. Asked me to click on the Verify Now button. Also said all upgraded users would receive an additional 10GB. This sounds like a scam. Am I right?...
  6. Audio Popping Issues - Potential Cause Determined

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Popping Issues - Potential Cause Determined: This is not so much a help thread, but a general discussion question related to audio drivers and potential Realtek popping causes and I would like discussion instead of assistance here. If I later do my driver update and the issue is not fixed, I'll post a request for help...
  7. Windows is haunted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is haunted: So the plot thickens .I have been unable to install updates since November 2019 not that I want to install destructive forces but I am forced to do so every five weeks and have to go through uninstalling them every time with fingers crossed that my system will still work...
  8. computer is haunted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer is haunted: ok so pretty much anytime I try to create anything where I have to enter my email address or if I am just trying to email someone, as soon as I start typing my email address the screen switches to the desktop. also if I try to use the numbers keypad on my laptop it does the...
  9. HELP!! BEING HAUNTED BY MY LAPTOP!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP!! BEING HAUNTED BY MY LAPTOP!!!!: Desperately in need of someone to instruct me on how to get rid of whatever has taken over my laptop! When I try to listen to audio it sounds like it is in a haunted house in a tunnel or reverbed what do i do for stright sound? I am on a MSI laptop and any sound from this...
  10. Really Annoying and Potentially Very Serious Audio Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Really Annoying and Potentially Very Serious Audio Issue: I'm not really sure when this started happening.. Recently, I think. But I have the curse of an absent mind. Memory and many other psychological things come to me with considerable difficulty. But anyways.. I'm getting off-topic already. My audio driver shows up as "High...