Windows 10: potentially unwanted app found

Discus and support potentially unwanted app found in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get the "potentially unwanted app found" message on Windows security about once a week and I don't know what to do abouit it. Any suggestions?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeorgeCrown, Jan 10, 2021.

1. potentially unwanted app found

I get the "potentially unwanted app found" message on Windows security about once a week and I don't know what to do abouit it. Any suggestions?

:)

GeorgeCrown, Jan 10, 2021
  2. meebers Win User

Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found

This just popped up, potentially unwanted app found. Detected MiniTool_Partition_Wizard_Bundleinstaller?? Tried Remove, Quarantine - does not remove the Yellow Triangle. Anybody else seen this?? False positive?? Had 2 instances, blocked the first one.

meebers, Jan 10, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unwanted App - where is it?

If it's a UWP app (Store app) then you can try here:

potentially unwanted app found [​IMG]

whilst everything installed is listed here:

potentially unwanted app found [​IMG]

If that means you were using a browser, there may be a download record.

dalchina, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

potentially unwanted app found

Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found

Not exactly a false positive, more a precaution as MiniTool bundle optional apps from their partners in their installer. See this thread, in particular post #2 from MiniToolSupport themselves.

Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert

Thema:

potentially unwanted app found

1. potentially unwanted app found - Similar Threads - potentially unwanted app

2. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  3. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  4. Potentially Unwanted App Found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially Unwanted App Found: I get the potentially unwanted app PUA found, go to settings, security, app and browser control and see Actions recommended. PUA found Click on review, again get PUA found. Do you want this app to make changes to your device. Click NO. But still have PUA. How do I get rid of...
  5. Potentially Unwanted App Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted App Found: I get the potentially unwanted app PUA found, go to settings, security, app and browser control and see Actions recommended. PUA found Click on review, again get PUA found. Do you want this app to make changes to your device. Click NO. But still have PUA. How do I get rid of...
  6. Potentially Unwanted App Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. "Potentially unwanted app found"

"Potentially unwanted app found": Windows did a scan and it said "potentially unwanted app found", but when I clicked the report, I couldn't find absolutely anything to do with the said app and it said no threats found? I dug as much as I could, took some tips from here, and still found nothing on it.Decided...
  8. Potentially unwanted app found

Potentially unwanted app found: How do I find out what app is causing this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/potentially-unwanted-app-found/5aef0f1a-d07e-4a73-81b6-a8209baaa9af
  9. Potentially Unwanted App Found

Potentially Unwanted App Found: Hi, i got this notification about unwanted app but when i clic on remove it doesn't do anything. I even uninstalled the app but its still stuck in there and won't go away. I restarted the pc but still nothing..idk how to get rid of that thing..Like I can dismiss it but can it...
  10. Potentially unwanted app found

Potentially unwanted app found: How do I remove this thing? It keeps showing up even if I just selected remove action. Well I mean I did run 3 full scans and it still shows up even when I put it in quarantine nor remove. In short it just wont disappear [ATTACH]...