Windows 10: "Potentially unwanted app" is NEVER gone.

Discus and support "Potentially unwanted app" is NEVER gone. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I installed an Android simulation software "Noxplayer" about two months ago, and it turned out that this was malicious and I quickly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tarossff, Jul 8, 2020.

1. "Potentially unwanted app" is NEVER gone.

"Potentially unwanted app" is NEVER gone. cFsZCgFXmfUt0cEnvgdSLEbAUzmKSz0rIHWaPk7vHXo.jpg

I installed an Android simulation software "Noxplayer" about two months ago, and it turned out that this was malicious and I quickly deleted it with the help of "Safe mode" on Windows.

However, my Windows security has persisted on telling me that "Potentially unwanted app found." as seen in the screenshot taken below.

https://preview.redd.it/as4jxdy9ok9...bp&s=8afdb92f708aebb062eb1813f1912de5683b1ee3

And one of the warnings in detail below.

https://preview.redd.it/79ulntgfok9...bp&s=9f0d681703ef1366c02c30947b676a11a2373858

I literally saw if these apps was completely deleted and none of it exist as far as I checked both Program Files and regkey.

And what's weired is that Windows Security on this screan says that No action needed. What the hell is going on??

https://preview.redd.it/h75tpwzuok9...bp&s=09be9d339702d6cac92a50faa1d2fada23af3322

https://preview.redd.it/a0l8wn8svk9...bp&s=b2908da6fcde46d5cf4faf4e687d81baad1f26c4

So, could you give me your advise to fix the problem?

submitted by /u/tarossff
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tarossff, Jul 8, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Rob Koch Win User
    Potentially Unwanted Programs

Haven't tried this myself, since I just ignore the pinned ads and so have never had any of these installed that I'm aware of, though it wouldn't matter in my case since I'd just ignore them.

How to Get Rid of “Suggested Apps” (like Candy Crush) in Windows 10

Unlike the previously mentioned option, this doesn't require a registry hack and is simply a setting for suggested apps. However, I don't know whether this incudes those like Xbox, which provides deeper support than games.

Rob

Rob Koch, Jul 8, 2020
  4. "Potentially unwanted app" is NEVER gone.

Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

Hi Denis

Thanks for the Suggestion, but only if it were that easy...There is no such option as you can see by the image below.

"Potentially unwanted app" is NEVER gone. [​IMG]

MrWhispers, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

"Potentially unwanted app" is NEVER gone.

1. "Potentially unwanted app" is NEVER gone. - Similar Threads - Potentially unwanted app

2. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  3. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  4. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  5. potential unwanted apps

potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  6. Potentially Unwanted Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted Apps: On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but...
  7. Potentially Unwanted Apps

Potentially Unwanted Apps: On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but...
  8. Potentially unwanted App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially unwanted App: PUA:Win32/LittleRegClean Whenever I click remove nothing is happening. How do I get rid of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/potentially-unwanted-app/ab605f5a-4794-49ff-88af-6c5ac10cd3ea
  9. Potentially unwanted app

Potentially unwanted app: Recent scans are showing PUA:Win32/MyWebSearch loaded on to my PC on 15 June in file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\Users\User\Desktop\C\Users\Andy\AppData\LocalLow\HeadlineAlley_29\bar\Cache\1CBDAD6E.cab. I've run the Remove action in protection history several times,...
  10. Potentially unwanted app found

Potentially unwanted app found: How do I remove this thing? It keeps showing up even if I just selected remove action. Well I mean I did run 3 full scans and it still shows up even when I put it in quarantine nor remove. In short it just wont disappear [ATTACH]...