Windows 10: Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker

Discus and support Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my windows security says i have an active unwanted app PUA:Win32/Presenoker although i already deleted the infected file. what should i do?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AngelicaBaja-Rodelas, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker

my windows security says i have an active unwanted app PUA:Win32/Presenoker although i already deleted the infected file. what should i do?

:)

AngelicaBaja-Rodelas, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft protecting users from PUA in Microsoft Edge

Source: Protecting users from potentially unwanted applications in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog

Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows

How to Turn On or Off Potentially Unwanted App (PUA) Protection in Microsoft Edge Chromium

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Windows Defender blocking PUA?

- Notifications. same as other WD notifications (PUA at the beginning of the message)
    - False positives: hard to tell. Have none in a month or so (non PUA detections)
    - PUA blocking is only for file transfers. Nothing to do with ads themselves (only ad injection).

From MS doc:
    Read more: MS docs: Detect and block potentially unwanted applications

AndreTen, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker

Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10  

To test that PUA protection is working, there is now an EICAR test file you can try downloading.

https://www.amtso.org/feature-settin...-applications/

This is Defender PUA protection in action in Windows 10 Home...

Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker [​IMG]

Thema:

Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker

1. Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker - Similar Threads - Potentially unwanted app

2. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  3. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  4. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  5. potential unwanted apps

potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  6. Potentially Unwanted Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted Apps: On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but...
  7. Potentially Unwanted Apps

Potentially Unwanted Apps: On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but...
  8. Potentially unwanted App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially unwanted App: PUA:Win32/LittleRegClean Whenever I click remove nothing is happening. How do I get rid of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/potentially-unwanted-app/ab605f5a-4794-49ff-88af-6c5ac10cd3ea
  9. Potentially Unwanted Application PUA detected

Potentially Unwanted Application PUA detected: Hi, So I have tried to install an add-on for FSX:SE game from a website. The web uses an installer for the add-on called "InstallMate". When I finished downloaded it and unzipped it, just after double click the .exe file, Windows Defender popped up and told me that a...
  10. Potentially unwanted app

Potentially unwanted app: Recent scans are showing PUA:Win32/MyWebSearch loaded on to my PC on 15 June in file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\Users\User\Desktop\C\Users\Andy\AppData\LocalLow\HeadlineAlley_29\bar\Cache\1CBDAD6E.cab. I've run the Remove action in protection history several times,...