Windows 10: Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker

Discus and support Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my windows security says i have an active unwanted app PUA:Win32/Presenoker although i already deleted the infected file. what should i do?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AngelicaBaja-Rodelas, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker

my windows security says i have an active unwanted app PUA:Win32/Presenoker although i already deleted the infected file. what should i do?

:)

AngelicaBaja-Rodelas, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft protecting users from PUA in Microsoft Edge

Source: Protecting users from potentially unwanted applications in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog

Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows

How to Turn On or Off Potentially Unwanted App (PUA) Protection in Microsoft Edge Chromium

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Windows Defender blocking PUA?

- Notifications. same as other WD notifications (PUA at the beginning of the message)
    - False positives: hard to tell. Have none in a month or so (non PUA detections)
    - PUA blocking is only for file transfers. Nothing to do with ads themselves (only ad injection).

From MS doc:
    Read more: MS docs: Detect and block potentially unwanted applications

AndreTen, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker

Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10  

To test that PUA protection is working, there is now an EICAR test file you can try downloading.

https://www.amtso.org/feature-settin...-applications/

This is Defender PUA protection in action in Windows 10 Home...

Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker [​IMG]

Thema:

Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker

1. Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/Presenoker - Similar Threads - Potentially unwanted app

2. Potentially unwanted app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially unwanted app: Recent scans are showing PUA:Win32/MyWebSearch loaded on to my PC on 15 June in file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\Users\User\Desktop\C\Users\Andy\AppData\LocalLow\HeadlineAlley_29\bar\Cache\1CBDAD6E.cab. I've run the Remove action in protection history several times,...
  3. "Potentially unwanted app" is NEVER gone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Potentially unwanted app" is NEVER gone.: [ATTACH] I installed an Android simulation software "Noxplayer" about two months ago, and it turned out that this was malicious and I quickly deleted it with the help of "Safe mode" on Windows. However, my Windows security has persisted on telling me that "Potentially...
  4. Can't get rid of Potential Unwanted Apps

Can't get rid of Potential Unwanted Apps: Hi, My windows defender display 3 'Potentially Unwanted Apps' but while selecting remove option it won't do anything. I looked inside the directory it says items are but there wasn't any with that name. Kindly, let me know how to fix. PFA the SS. [ATTACH] Thanks....
  5. Windows Security can not recognize that a PUA potentially unwanted applications is already...

Windows Security can not recognize that a PUA potentially unwanted applications is already...: Windows Security notified me for a PUA potentially unwanted applications. I wanted to manually uninstall it in control panel for a proper uninstall. I get an error that I don't have administrator access. So I put it in allow list and whet the uninstallation was successful....
  6. Potentially unwanted app found

Potentially unwanted app found: How do I remove this thing? It keeps showing up even if I just selected remove action. Well I mean I did run 3 full scans and it still shows up even when I put it in quarantine nor remove. In short it just wont disappear [ATTACH]...
  7. Pua. Win32 . detected by windows security unable to remove/quarintine?

Pua. Win32 . detected by windows security unable to remove/quarintine?: I have tried to Set-MpPreference -PuaProtection 1 within Powershell , this fails as I do not have enough permissions to perform this act, HELP...
  8. Blocking potentially unwanted applications

Blocking potentially unwanted applications: Hi. For people using Windows 10 Home1909, is their a way to set your windows defender to block PUPs and PUAs? And I know that the new Edge has an option to do this but is their a way to make this a system wide setting? Thank You....
  9. How to delete potential unwanted programs The Bright Tag?

How to delete potential unwanted programs The Bright Tag?: How do I delete the PUP The Bright Tag. I delete it but it comes right back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-potential-unwanted-programs-the/2a8f2662-1b9b-4971-8059-f29862dc9f58"
  10. Potentially Unwanted Programs

Potentially Unwanted Programs: Hi Microsoft, How do I prevent the operating system from pre- and re-installing PUPs on my computer? I neither need or want several programs on my computer that seem to have magically been installed without my permission including but not limited to: Candy Crush XBox...