Windows 10: Potentially unwanted app

Discus and support Potentially unwanted app in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recent scans are showing PUA:Win32/MyWebSearch loaded on to my PC on 15 June in file:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndrewBanks#keyboard, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Potentially unwanted app

Recent scans are showing PUA:Win32/MyWebSearch loaded on to my PC on 15 June in file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\Users\User\Desktop\C\Users\Andy\AppData\LocalLow\HeadlineAlley_29\bar\Cache\1CBDAD6E.cab.

I've run the Remove action in protection history several times, but get messages that this app is still there although blocked. Have gone into the AppData folder to try to delete it there, but it doesn't show up.

Is there anything else I can do to get rid of this? Or is there a bug producing false "found" messages after the original app has been removed, please? I see that other users have had similar recent problems.

:)

AndrewBanks#keyboard, Jul 15, 2020
  2. meebers Win User

Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found

This just popped up, potentially unwanted app found. Detected MiniTool_Partition_Wizard_Bundleinstaller?? Tried Remove, Quarantine - does not remove the Yellow Triangle. Anybody else seen this?? False positive?? Had 2 instances, blocked the first one.

meebers, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found

Not exactly a false positive, more a precaution as MiniTool bundle optional apps from their partners in their installer. See this thread, in particular post #2 from MiniToolSupport themselves.

Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert

Bree, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Potentially unwanted app

Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

Hi Denis

Thanks for the Suggestion, but only if it were that easy...There is no such option as you can see by the image below.

Potentially unwanted app [​IMG]

MrWhispers, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Potentially unwanted app

1. Potentially unwanted app - Similar Threads - Potentially unwanted app

2. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  3. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  4. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  5. potential unwanted apps

potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  6. Potentially Unwanted Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted Apps: On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but...
  7. Potentially Unwanted Apps

Potentially Unwanted Apps: On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but...
  8. Potentially Unwanted App Found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially Unwanted App Found: Hi, i got this notification about unwanted app but when i clic on remove it doesn't do anything. I even uninstalled the app but its still stuck in there and won't go away. I restarted the pc but still nothing..idk how to get rid of that thing..Like I can dismiss it but can it...
  9. Potentially unwanted App

Potentially unwanted App: PUA:Win32/LittleRegClean Whenever I click remove nothing is happening. How do I get rid of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/potentially-unwanted-app/ab605f5a-4794-49ff-88af-6c5ac10cd3ea
  10. Potentially unwanted app found

Potentially unwanted app found: How do I remove this thing? It keeps showing up even if I just selected remove action. Well I mean I did run 3 full scans and it still shows up even when I put it in quarantine nor remove. In short it just wont disappear [ATTACH]...