Windows 10: Potentially Unwanted Apps

Discus and support Potentially Unwanted Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mar_424, Apr 13, 2022.

1. mar_424 Win User

Potentially Unwanted Apps

On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but every video I find seems sketchy and not helpful. How do I get these off of my computer?

:)

mar_424, Apr 13, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Potentially unwanted apps will now be blocked by default in Windows

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...b-a17e0ab6289e

Enable or Disable Microsoft Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Potentially Unwanted App Protection in Microsoft Edge

Brink, Apr 13, 2022
  3. Potentially unwanted apps will now be blocked by default in Windows

Would that it were that simple. Here's what I see in App & browser control

Potentially Unwanted Apps [​IMG]

And when I click Review

Potentially Unwanted Apps [​IMG]

As you can see, it doesn't show the name of the app it wants to block.

Sidecar Bob, Apr 13, 2022
  4. NMI
    NMI Win User

Potentially unwanted apps will now be blocked by default in Windows

Click on "Potentially unwanted app found" for details.

Thema:

1. Potentially Unwanted Apps - Similar Threads - Potentially Unwanted Apps

2. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  3. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  4. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  5. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  6. Potentially Unwanted Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted Apps: On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but...
  7. Potentially Unwanted App Found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially Unwanted App Found: Hi, i got this notification about unwanted app but when i clic on remove it doesn't do anything. I even uninstalled the app but its still stuck in there and won't go away. I restarted the pc but still nothing..idk how to get rid of that thing..Like I can dismiss it but can it...
  8. Potentially unwanted App

Potentially unwanted App: PUA:Win32/LittleRegClean Whenever I click remove nothing is happening. How do I get rid of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/potentially-unwanted-app/ab605f5a-4794-49ff-88af-6c5ac10cd3ea
  9. Potentially unwanted app

Potentially unwanted app: Recent scans are showing PUA:Win32/MyWebSearch loaded on to my PC on 15 June in file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\Users\User\Desktop\C\Users\Andy\AppData\LocalLow\HeadlineAlley_29\bar\Cache\1CBDAD6E.cab. I've run the Remove action in protection history several times,...
  10. Potentially unwanted app found

Potentially unwanted app found: How do I remove this thing? It keeps showing up even if I just selected remove action. Well I mean I did run 3 full scans and it still shows up even when I put it in quarantine nor remove. In short it just wont disappear [ATTACH]...