Windows 10: Potentially unwanted program issue

Discus and support Potentially unwanted program issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've downloaded uTorrent to download a movie, and since then Windows defender has detected it as a PUP. I now want to remove it but when I click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Possession-Tasty, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Potentially unwanted program issue

I've downloaded uTorrent to download a movie, and since then Windows defender has detected it as a PUP. I now want to remove it but when I click on "Start recommended actions" nothing happens at all. What can I do???

submitted by /u/Possession-Tasty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Possession-Tasty, Feb 21, 2021

2. Potentially Unwanted Programs

Hi, how are you for posting in our microsoft community I'm here to help you solve your problem

https://techdows.com/2015/06/remove-pups-or-unw...

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/101/2016/02/how-t...

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-potentiall...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Best Regards

Miguel C.

MiguelChiappori, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Potentially Unwanted Program

I have received a notice from my McAfee Antivirus program saying that the Program named Generic HTool.b is a potentially unwanted program. It has Quarantined the file from
    C:\Windows\SECOH-QAD.dll. It is asking me if I want to remove the program. Can anyone tell me what program this is?

StevenThompson2914, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Domestic1 Win User

Potentially unwanted program issue

Repeated detection for a Potentially Unwanted Program

I actually had two issues: Windows Defender throwing up False Positives, and Unwanted Popups in new/separate instance of IE 11. None of the suggested methods resolved my issues.

Performed "System Reset". All is good now. Awaiting Download/Install Windows 10 Build 14291.

Thanks for staying with this.

---

Don L. Dewiel©

Domestic1, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Potentially unwanted program issue

1. Potentially unwanted program issue - Similar Threads - Potentially unwanted program

2. Potentially Unwanted Program, Don't exsist...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted Program, Don't exsist...: Hello, Windows Defender says: There's a PIP. It should be file: D:\Downloads\archief_01\Derden\HelpDesk\XXX\Linksys Wireless GPCI-driver.exe. But map 'archief_01\...' don't exsist I can't delete....
  3. Potentially Unwanted Program, Don't exsist...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potentially Unwanted Program, Don't exsist...: Hello, Windows Defender says: There's a PIP. It should be file: D:\Downloads\archief_01\Derden\HelpDesk\XXX\Linksys Wireless GPCI-driver.exe. But map 'archief_01\...' don't exsist I can't delete....
  4. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  5. Potentially Unwanted Program stuck on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted Program stuck on PC: Hi, I've found these two "potentially unwanted programs" on my PC according to Microsoft Security.However, selecting Start actions causes this to pop up.And after doing a quick scan it reverts back to the first screenshot.How can I remove these programs from my PC? I tried to...
  6. Potentially Unwanted Program stuck on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potentially Unwanted Program stuck on PC: Hi, I've found these two "potentially unwanted programs" on my PC according to Microsoft Security.However, selecting Start actions causes this to pop up.And after doing a quick scan it reverts back to the first screenshot.How can I remove these programs from my PC? I tried to...
  7. Potentially Unwanted Program stuck on PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. how to eneble pup Potentially Unwanted Programs

how to eneble pup Potentially Unwanted Programs: is Potentially Unwanted Programs turn on by deafaul and how to turn on it. If i turn on it, does it take more ram and cpu than normal ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-eneble-pup-potentially-unwanted-programs/a9b4e51b-420b-45cf-abfb-c00cc0f4b2a3
  9. Help with Potentially Unwanted Program utillabsystemoptimizer-r

Help with Potentially Unwanted Program utillabsystemoptimizer-r: Hello, I hope everyone is staying safe and doing well in the midst of new strains of COVID-19. I performed a scan w/one of my antimalware programs and it 17 detected Potentially Unwanted Programs in my System registry. I do not recognize these registry keys so i don't want to...
  10. Potentially Unwanted Programs

Potentially Unwanted Programs: Hi Microsoft, How do I prevent the operating system from pre- and re-installing PUPs on my computer? I neither need or want several programs on my computer that seem to have magically been installed without my permission including but not limited to: Candy Crush XBox...