Windows 10: Pound sign

Discus and support Pound sign in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have lost my pound sign for some reason? I now get # instead. Help please.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeRobinson14, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Pound sign

I have lost my pound sign for some reason? I now get # instead. Help please.

:)

MikeRobinson14, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Ruth_D Win User

Pound sign missing

After latest update and a cold boot keyboard has set itself to US with no pound sign.

I changed keyboard settings to GB and restarted and pound sign OK.

After a cold boot it has reverted to US keyboard but after a restart with no changes the pound sign returns

Ruth_D, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Help pound sign not working. Windows 10

Agreed. What I have seen suggested elsewhere (and worked for me, leaving me feeling slightly foolish) is

• amongst the clutter on the righthand side of the toolbar is the abbreviation "ENG"
    • click on that and you get the choice of keyboard you can also access via 'Settings'
    • however in my case, the choice made via the toolbar shortcut seems to override the choice made going through 'Settings', correcting here brought back the pound sign after other fixes had failed
    • however in my case the bad news is that this fix seems to only work until the computer is next rebooted

RobertCampbell4, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Pound sign

Recently lost access to the pound sign

OK - I've found a rather complex fix myself. Using the number keyboard on the right and typing in the Alternative Code for the pound sign - which is 0163, i.e. I type in Alt + 0163 from the number keyboard, I get the pound sign. But it was much simpler
    the old way!

DerekBarnes, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Pound sign

1. Pound sign - Similar Threads - Pound sign

2. Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.: The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign. Where there is a pound sign on my keyboard above the number 3, it'll input a #.I've tried messing around with the settings under Language and Region, but nothing seems to work. What's weirder is that I only started...
  3. Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layout issue. The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign.: The " and @ are on the wrong keys and I have no pound sign. Where there is a pound sign on my keyboard above the number 3, it'll input a #.I've tried messing around with the settings under Language and Region, but nothing seems to work. What's weirder is that I only started...
  4. I opened a case asked for a 700 pound refund which was jncorrectly charged to my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I opened a case asked for a 700 pound refund which was jncorrectly charged to my account.: I needntk be able to speak with somebody. What is this non existent customer service. U have take. Over 700 pounds from me. I can't pay me bills or my rent. I don't have money to eat. I am in tears. You have not refunded me my koney still and uiu dint even have a phone.line....
  5. I opened a case asked for a 700 pound refund which was jncorrectly charged to my account.

I opened a case asked for a 700 pound refund which was jncorrectly charged to my account.: I needntk be able to speak with somebody. What is this non existent customer service. U have take. Over 700 pounds from me. I can't pay me bills or my rent. I don't have money to eat. I am in tears. You have not refunded me my koney still and uiu dint even have a phone.line....
  6. Can't get UK pound symbol on MX Keys keyboard Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get UK pound symbol on MX Keys keyboard Windows 10: I can't get the UK pound symbol £ on my Logitech MX Keys keyboard on Windows 10. If I press Shift-3 I get # I'm running Windows 10 2H22.In Windows settings:- Country or Region is set to: UK- Regional format is set to: English United Kingdom.How can I get the UK pound sign...
  7. Can't get UK pound symbol on MX Keys keyboard Windows 10

Can't get UK pound symbol on MX Keys keyboard Windows 10: I can't get the UK pound symbol £ on my Logitech MX Keys keyboard on Windows 10. If I press Shift-3 I get # I'm running Windows 10 2H22.In Windows settings:- Country or Region is set to: UK- Regional format is set to: English United Kingdom.How can I get the UK pound sign...
  8. Can't get UK pound symbol on MX Keys keyboard Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. incorrect currency on reward's Prices shown in U.S Dollars NOT U.K Pounds Sterling as set...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incorrect currency on reward's Prices shown in U.S Dollars NOT U.K Pounds Sterling as set...: Why are the rewards prices showing in U.S. Dollars. My profile is set for United Kingdom Pounds Sterling. I have previously been able to purchase rewards shown in UK Pounds....
  10. key board change # for SHIFT3 instead of UK pound sign

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    key board change # for SHIFT3 instead of UK pound sign: why has it suddenly become impossible to write a pound sign https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-board-change-for-shift3-instead-of-uk-pound/a6365037-a664-4769-9d70-523350602dba