Windows 10: Power Adapter Unknown

Discus and support Power Adapter Unknown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [IMG]I have this problem of my adapter not charging my laptop. According to a few redditer and my detective work, we decided that the battery is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TEHCUDE, Dec 25, 2018.

1. TEHCUDE Win User

Power Adapter Unknown

Power Adapter Unknown [​IMG]I have this problem of my adapter not charging my laptop.

According to a few redditer and my detective work, we decided that the battery is not reciving the 45w it needed. And thus we think my plug’s problem(which is bent so it wont fall off easily)

And in the BIOS it says my adapter not identified, and dell power manager says i need an adapter with 45w or greater(which i have)

:)

TEHCUDE, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 25, 2018
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Power Adapter Unknown install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Power Adapter Unknown pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Power Adapter Unknown select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Power Adapter Unknown Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Power Adapter Unknown

Xbox 360 Adapter Unknown USB Device

Looking at the information I have please follow these steps to see if it solves the issue:

With the adapter plugged:

1- Right click the windows icon on the task bar and click device manager.

2- Look for the device that should appear as unknown like you said.

3- Right click the device and click properties. Go to the driver tab.

4- Click update driver, then click "browse my computer for driver software".

5- Click the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

6- Go to the bottom of the list you should see xbox 360...click on it.

7- Click the xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.

8- After installation is done test by turning on the receiver, and finish by turning the xbox controller on.

Hope that solves your issue.

RicardoRodriguez90, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Power Adapter Unknown

1. Power Adapter Unknown - Similar Threads - Power Adapter Unknown

2. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown: Hi all, for almost two weeks now I've been having troubles turning off my PC as every time I shut it down or restart it it takes ~5 minutes then it launches a BSOD with the error "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE".After reading online what the possible solution could've been I've...
  3. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown: Hi all, for almost two weeks now I've been having troubles turning off my PC as every time I shut it down or restart it it takes ~5 minutes then it launches a BSOD with the error "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE".After reading online what the possible solution could've been I've...
  4. Unknown Power shell script running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Power shell script running: Hi,I usually get a brief pop-up for a script that runs at random times as far as I can gather. Its only for a split second, but its a nuisance if I am gaming as my controller is just disabled until I swap out and back to the game window again.I can see that there are several...
  5. Unknown Power shell script running

Unknown Power shell script running: Hi,I usually get a brief pop-up for a script that runs at random times as far as I can gather. Its only for a split second, but its a nuisance if I am gaming as my controller is just disabled until I swap out and back to the game window again.I can see that there are several...
  6. Unknown devices, RZ608 BluetoothR Adapted errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices, RZ608 BluetoothR Adapted errors: Hi, So I just built a new system and installed windows 10 home upgraded to pro shortly after with a key and I got a BSOD earlier today with the IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_LESS code. I figured it might be my ram and I had set it to 6000mhz without adjusting anything else, and I have now...
  7. Unknown devices, RZ608 BluetoothR Adapted errors

Unknown devices, RZ608 BluetoothR Adapted errors: Hi, So I just built a new system and installed windows 10 home upgraded to pro shortly after with a key and I got a BSOD earlier today with the IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_LESS code. I figured it might be my ram and I had set it to 6000mhz without adjusting anything else, and I have now...
  8. Unknown devices, RZ608 BluetoothR Adapted errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Wireless adapter power management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless adapter power management: [ATTACH] Hi all. I am having a little bit of a problem with my windows10. My WIFI keeps pausing every so often and I have no internet. I've researched it and it seems that this is because Windows is managing power on the Network adapter and it possibly has the option for...
  10. BSOD power adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD power adapter: For the past few weeks, my laptop has been getting constant BSOD whenever I plug in the power adapter to my laptop. The BSOD is POWER_STATE_DRIVER_FAILURE. I have formatted my laptop for 2 times and still it will get BSOD whenever I plug in my power adapter. My laptop is...