Windows 10: power always on maximum performance

Discus and support power always on maximum performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; after updating W10 2004 it is impossible to change the battery performance in my Samsung TabPro S. It is always set on maximum performance and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LucaMarescotti, Oct 18, 2020.

1. power always on maximum performance

after updating W10 2004 it is impossible to change the battery performance in my Samsung TabPro S. It is always set on maximum performance and the screen brightness is always on maximum. It is impossible to change it with normal action in Windows or Samsung features.

:)

LucaMarescotti, Oct 18, 2020

2. Power Processor Performance

Hi Cynthia,

Have you installed any updates recently? Basically, there's a possibility that the
    Minimum and Maximum processor states became hidden due to possible changes or updates performed on your computer. However, if you want to have those settings again, then here's how you can get them back:

1. In Cortana search, type in cmd. Once you can see Command Prompt from the search results, right-click it, and select
      Run as administrator.
    2. In the command prompt window, type in the command below, and press Enter.

powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec -ATTRIB_HIDE

3. Close the command prompt window.

Once done, check again the Power Options > Processor Power Management and see if the
    Minimum processor state and Maximum processor state options are back.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 18, 2020
  3. High performance Power plan missing.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to create a new power plan with high performance.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Is the PC connected to a domain/organization network?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps to restore the default power plans on the PC.

1. Click on Start menu and type
      CMD, right click on CMD and select Run as Administrator.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter:
      powercfg –restoredefaultschemes

3. Once the process is complete, then restart the PC and check

If the issue persists, then perform these registry changes and check..

Note:
    Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry

1. Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    2. Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
    3. When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
    4. In the right pane, double click on the DWORD entry named CsEnabledand
      set it to 0.
    5. Click Ok and restart the PC to check.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 18, 2020
  4. power always on maximum performance

Windows 10 Laptop Battery Performance on Charger Settings.

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I understand from the description that you want to know where exactly you can change settings for Advanced power settings for adjusting performance settings while it's being charged and power-saving while
    its on battery. Please follow the below steps to locate the settings window.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Edit Power Plan

Step 2:

Click to open Edit Power Plan window

Step 3:

Then click on Change Advanced Power Settings

Step 4:

Under Advanced Settings expand Switchable Dynamic Graphics

Step 5:

Then expand Global Settings to find the settings for On battery and Plugged in with the below Four Options

* Force-Power Savings Graphics

* Optimize Power Savings

* Optimize Performance

* Maximum Performance

Step 6:

To get maximum performance when connected to power choose Maximum Performance setting for Plugged In

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

power always on maximum performance

1. power always on maximum performance - Similar Threads - power always maximum

2. High Performance Power Setting !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Performance Power Setting !: Hi again, I normally have my "Power option" set to "Balance" on my Windows 10 laptop. I have the laptop plugged in all the time so today I decided to try the "High performance" setting. I am now reading about the "Ultimate setting" which at the present time I don't appear to...
  3. power surge and gaming performence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power surge and gaming performence: I keep getting this power surge notification I managed to stop it by going to the device manager and disabling AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft but now when I play a game for example Fortnite my frames drop a lot which it never did before and when I...
  4. power surge and gaming performence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power surge and gaming performence: I keep getting this power surge notification I managed to stop it by going to the device manager and disabling AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft but now when I play a game for example Fortnite my frames drop a lot which it never did before and when I...
  5. How to achieve maximum performance in Windows 10 for a blind developer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to achieve maximum performance in Windows 10 for a blind developer?: Hello. It’s good to have a beautiful operating system with a variety of visual effects, etc. Better yet, if productivity can be spent on something useful. Type of games, or specialized software. I'm a blind developer. I don't use graphics, and now I want to achieve...
  6. High performance power mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    High performance power mode: Hey so I want to use the high performance mode but I have some insecurities about it I'm kinda scared to use it since I don't wanna damage my pc does it affect the pc in any kind of way Specs i7 8700 3.20 ghz 16 ram ddr4 rtx 2060 6 gb motherboard : Gigabyte H310M H...
  7. Power options always on (not)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power options always on (not): I want to set up my notebook to always on. I set up everything turn off hard disks, sleep, hybernate, everything to never(on battery and plugged in), and yet my notebook goes to sleep every 5-10mins. Sometimes after I wake it up, it stays on untill I put it manually to...
  8. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.: What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-power-plan-and-ultimate/6625509a-a16e-4c61-a36f-a7c9a5d7ce5c
  9. Power Processor Performance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Processor Performance: I was running high performance on my hp desktop, but now when I checked the settings the minimum and maximum settings are gone, nothing there but system cooling? So what happen to those two settings? Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  10. Power Processor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Processor Performance: I was running high performance on my hp desktop, but now when I checked the settings the minimum and maximum settings are gone, nothing there but system cooling? So what happen to those two settings?...