Power and battery

Discus and support Power and battery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just had a black screen; all I could see was the mouse arrow. I researched on my other laptop and discovered it's a common problem with Win10. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony Vella, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Tony Vella Win User

Power and battery

I just had a black screen; all I could see was the mouse arrow. I researched on my other laptop and discovered it's a common problem with Win10. I tried a few recommended things but nothing happened: black screen and mouse.

For some reason I got it into my head to remove the battery and leave the laptop just plugged into the wall. It started normally and some 6 programs I tried so far have worked perfectly. So now I am wondering whether I should have both battery and wall-power at the same time. Should I perhaps remove the battery permanently and just run the machine on power?

Thanks for all advice, opinions, gossip.

I just called a friend and he suggested I run the machine on battery only until the battery is down to, say, 20%, then plug it in again to power until the battery is back to 100%; then unplug it and run on battery only. Ad infinitum. Any opinions on this process? Thanks again.

:)

Tony Vella, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Slartybart Win User

New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Nathaniel Mon Win User
    low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Reymichael Ros Win User

Power and battery

Battery

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your battery issue, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter and update drivers in Windows 10 by following the troubleshooting steps provided by Eeshwar Kumar on this
    thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Power and battery

1. Power and battery - Similar Threads - Power battery

2. Loosing battery power while device is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loosing battery power while device is plugged in.: I loose battery power while using my 2 in one tablet RCA Cambio W101 V2 even when plugged in. I get a "plugged in discharging" report when I access the battery icon on taskbar. While using my tablet plugged in my battery looses power and my tablet shuts down. If I shut it...
  3. Windows schtasks for logon schedule doesn't work run on battery power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows schtasks for logon schedule doesn't work run on battery power: Why does windows schtasks for logon schedule not work if run on laptop with unplugged AC power i.e. when using battery power supply. Works only if laptop is being powered plugged in with AC supply. How to solve this issue ? 102385
  4. Can't turn off battery/power saving mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't turn off battery/power saving mode: Any time I restart my laptop and I go to performance settings power saving mode is turned on. If i set to high performance, then it doesn't recognizing it and turns power saving back again after restart. If i change advanced settings under power saving mode and set everything...
  5. Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life: For me activating the battery saver from the taskbar always sets me back, for example: If I have around if 56 minutes remaining then activating power saver would probably set me back to 48 minutes remaining. And the brightness does reduce which is strange. Why would this...
  6. (0%avaible plugged,charging)Power Efficiency/Battery issue

in Windows 10 Support
    (0%avaible plugged,charging)Power Efficiency/Battery issue: After changing my laptops hdd i am unable to charge my battery chk the following setting and the power daignostic report 60420
  7. Power Icon Missing, Only Says 100% Battery Left in Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Icon Missing, Only Says 100% Battery Left in Settings: Hello. Recently my Windows has been updating on my Toshiba Satellite computer. It updated itself about three times in the last two weeks, which is annoying enough with all the restarts it had to do. The real problem: I no longer have a power button on my taskbar. [img]...
  8. Enable or Disable Indexing when on Battery Power in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Indexing when on Battery Power in Windows: Battery life (and size) has really improved in the 10 years since getting my Dell Inspiron. However every bit of power savings helps even my new HP Spectre and this tut is a good one for both laptops. Thanks! 93880
  9. Laptop dies without power supply even tho battery says it has charge

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop dies without power supply even tho battery says it has charge: [img] My laptop (HP 15 Notebook PC) won't boot unless it is plugged in even though the battery apparently has charge. (It won't charge past 73% also?) If I unplug the power supply it will die instantly. This started happening yesterday after I installed the latest windows 10...
  10. Doubling battery power of consumer electronics

in Windows 10 News
    Doubling battery power of consumer electronics: An MIT spinout is preparing to commercialize a novel rechargable lithium metal battery that offers double the energy capacity of the lithium ion batteries that power many of today’s consumer electronics. Founded in 2012 by MIT alumnus and former postdoc Qichao Hu ’07,...